General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User moggy68
(learned) Mon 25-Jun-12 17:40:22
Print Post

Re: fed up withTalk Talk problem for 14 days now *DELETED*

[re: Sevenfour] [link to this post]

Hi Are you on the station side?

Or Sandmartin side, as all i keep seeing on the Sandmartin side are the posters to wind me up! BT FIBRE is here! Well it aint on my side...lol

I used to get 3megs, now all the time between 1meg - 1.6 megs, given up trying to get it sorted with BT & TALK ([censored]) sorry meant TALK

Regards

Moggy smile
Standard User Sevenfour
(newbie) Wed 25-Jul-12 09:32:24
Print Post

Re: fed up withTalk Talk problem for 14 days now *DELETED*

[re: moggy68] [link to this post]

I am station side smile I think there might be some positive news coming in the next few months. Sightings of openreach putting cable in at the cab near the station.
When I do a bt openreach checker, it states I should be getting between 4 and 6meg. I used to get 2.7ish and now I'm stuck on 1.4 so I don't know whats happened BUT am just crossing my fingers for FTTC!
Standard User Sevenfour
(newbie) Fri 27-Jul-12 12:19:48
Print Post

Re: fed up withTalk Talk problem for 14 days now

[re: ukp] [link to this post]

Dear all chafford people..
Pop your POSTCODE (not phone number) into the BT Wholesale checker. Mine states that my CABINET is due to be upgraded by the end of September smile smile
Put my phone number in and it reports same old adsl speed (up tp 6mb...yeah right!)
I was concerned so rang BT who looked into it and confirmed that September is the date for me smile
Everyone keep your fingers crossed that plans don't change

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 27-Jul-12 12:50:47
Print Post

Ummmm.

The checker, (which one?), itself says the phone number check is more accurate than the post code check. Try the post code and address one.

The thing is, some postcodes are served by more than one cabinet, and BT people on the phone are not always the most reliable source of information. If you post or PM your postcode many of us can tell you if your postcode is like that, and there is one poster with the latest (June) data who may be able to give more info if you post the code here.

Also, as has been said, the end of March, June, September and December dates just mean "maybe in that three months". In many cases the date slips by three or six months in the final week.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre FTTC 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 27-Jul-12 12:51:47)

Standard User ukp
(member) Fri 27-Jul-12 13:07:43
Print Post

Thanks for the info sevonfour. It seems BT are doing cabs 10 and 13 only. Kind of annoying because cab 12 is just ~15 metres from cab 10 and the actual fibre node is right next to cab 12 so I have no idea what BT are playing at. I still live in hope that cab 12 will be done in my lifetime.
Standard User Sevenfour
(newbie) Fri 27-Jul-12 13:40:48
Print Post

Yes the phone number should give a more accurate response which is why i phoned BT to check. I think I am connected to cab 10. 12 is the one nearest tesco I think and 10 is on the other side of the road (correct me if i am wrong!).
if they are not going to upgrade 12 which is like 15meters away then I really can't understand this at all.

If sept is just a 'holding date' then this is fine with me as i've gone from no hope to some hope at least!
Standard User Sevenfour
(newbie) Fri 27-Jul-12 14:31:21
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Uh ohhhhh
I have been investigating further.
Postcode checker on Bt wholesale states all postcodes on my street FTTC enabled in sept. Address checker shows all EVEN house numbers fTTC sept but all ODD numbers just plain old adsl.
Seeing as 98% of my postcode all connect to the same cabinet does anyone have any idea why this might happen? The street is a very small close with odds and evens mixed up between the branches of the close. Btw can you guess that my house number is odd!!!!

Edit

Ok so further investigation of my further investigation...it isn't all odd numbers. Just a few clusters which include my house that show no update to Fttc. What are the chances! Hope all gone, seem to be destined to have sub 2mb speed forever

Edited by Sevenfour (Fri 27-Jul-12 14:43:44)

Standard User moggy68
(learned) Sat 04-Aug-12 09:14:06
Print Post

Just walked to shops, up near the new Chafford Park and NEW Green cabinet being fitted! smile

Regards

Moggy smile
Standard User ukp
(member) Mon 06-Aug-12 13:57:31
Print Post

[re: moggy68] [link to this post]

Yeah I saw them digging the trench on cabinet 10 just now. I'm still annoyed that cab 12 which is across the road is not being done _especially_ since the actual fibre route goes right past the damn thing.
Standard User ukp
(member) Mon 06-Aug-12 15:07:22
Print Post

I have just spotted that Thurrock Council are now looking for people to register an interest in superfast broadband for their BDUK funding.

http://www.essex.gov.uk/Pages/Superfast-Essex-Broadb...

I think we need to get as many people on cabs 11 and 12 to register!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to