General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Kimi
(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Feb-12 11:55:05
Print Post

Re: Cease Fee by Vivaciti

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

Would you send this to an ex customer within 2 weeks of the cease?

In reply to a post by Fastriver:
I am very worried and concerned with this and fear the stress of being unable to pay will affect my health (quoted from Vivaciti ticket system):

We therefore inform you that if payment of all outstanding invoices are not paid within 5 days we will attempt recovery.
This can take the form of doorstep collections and / or court action, this will cause further costs to be raised including interest, and if court action then court fees will also be incurred by you including the action being placed on your credit file that can cause you issues when attempting to gain credit from any other company.
Please take this communication as your final notice.
Standard User JonRennie
(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Feb-12 12:24:37
Print Post

[re: Kimi] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Kimi:
Would you send this to an ex customer within 2 weeks of the cease?

If the customer had terminated communications and refused to pay, yes.

edit : bad markup

wink Comms is hard wink

Edited by JonRennie (Sat 25-Feb-12 12:25:48)

Standard User Kimi
(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Feb-12 12:30:40
Print Post

[re: JonRennie] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by JonRennie:
If the customer had terminated communications and refused to pay, yes.

People sometimes say things in the heat of the moment, does this mean normal company protocol and time tables for escalating none payers to debt collection should be brought forward?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Feb-12 12:41:16
Print Post

The customer had said they will no longer communicate with us in any way so we have to move the account from customer services over to accounts and collections, we have to notify the customer of all options and possible outcomes at the start of the process.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Feb-12 12:44:11
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

The regrade from 20cn to 21cn was automated (as with most isp's) we had notified the customer of when this regrade was due to complete and said we could generate a new MAC once this had completed, we also gave the option to cancel the regrade, and once the regrade had cancelled we could issue a new MAC, but before this happened the phone had a cease order (we did not hold the phone line account) and once a PSTN line cease is in place we can not do anything on the account or generate a MAC as a PSTN line cease takes priority.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User mixt
(experienced) Sat 25-Feb-12 13:32:50
Print Post

It is amazing the lengths companies will go to over £30, isn't it? I'm not disputing the charge exists, but sometimes, an unfortunate set of circumstances happens, and the customer business relationship just breaks down, like what appears to have happened here.

It is already clear that Vivaciti are the type of company who will pursue this matter until its death (until it is heard in court, and a ruling is made by a judge). But if they have any sense, they should also realise that the judge's ruling is final, and that judge will take into account the situation at hand, including the OP's health and financial situation, and so it may not go in their favour. If that's really how they wish to proceed, it only demonstrates to others that they conduct their business primarily on legal contracts, with little room for bending those rules if required, even if it would be the moral thing to do. It is clear the relationship between them and the customer has broken down beyond repair, so if I was Vivaciti, knowing the customer's situation, I would just laugh off the charge and make it clear I would refuse to do any future business with him/her.

Some things are not worth losing sleep over, especially £30. But each to their own.

Now on <aaisp.net> (21CN+IPv6)
Previous ISPs: Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable), Be* Un Limited, ZeN
Is Linux routing your internet connection?
Need to make BIND geo-aware?
Standard User Fastriver
(newbie) Sat 25-Feb-12 13:58:50
Print Post

[re: mixt] [link to this post]

The person from Vivaciti, is incorrect when he says that the original MAC was invalid. It was originally valid and became invalid on the 30th day after it was received I believe? Received it 21/12/2011.

I never received a valid MAC within 5 days after my request on 30/01/2012. The fact is, is that Vivaciti made an error in that the incorrect ticket was read and the reader assumed that the original MAC of 21/12/2011 was current. Unfortunately, despite admitting to me on the telephone that this was the case, Vivaciti will not admit this publicly.

I do feel that I am being bullied. I do feel under great pressure through all this. I did say within the ticket system to Vivaciti that I felt that I was being victimised and did say Is it out of badness towards me or just incompetence?. I think this person at Vivaciti, like any bully, cannot handle being challenged. Unfortunately I was totally confused with all the explanations from Vivaciti as to what was going on, had gone on and should go on and I still submit that if the error over the MAC had not occurred, then perhaps this may not have got to this stage.

I have lost sleep over this as I feel hard done by. I am really worried about this charge as its just beyond my means as it was unplanned.

Vivaciti did say that bigger companies absorb this fee and do not pass it on. Perhaps Vivaciti, despite not being one of the big fish, are still sharks. Sorry to be slagging off, but its the only way I can cope with it at the moment.
Standard User Kimi
(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Feb-12 14:04:04
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

Would you normally threaten to send the boys round within 2 weeks of a customer leaving who have a balance outstanding?

Has i said before people say things in the heat of the moment and given time to think and a couple of reminder letters will usually pay up.
Standard User Kimi
(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Feb-12 14:09:42
Print Post

[re: Fastriver] [link to this post]

I would try to relax and not let them bully you, it really isn't worth worrying about. If they had any compassion about them they would waive the fee and allow you to get on with your recuperation. Good luck.

This as really shown Vivaciti in a bad light to me.
Standard User mixt
(experienced) Sat 25-Feb-12 14:26:16
Print Post

[re: Fastriver] [link to this post]

If you genuinely believe you are in the right, and they are in the wrong, don't pay it. Let them instigate court proceedings (they will file the dispute with the court, you will then receive a court summons which is an invitation to attend a public court hearing, in front of a judge, with them present). This will probably be a small claims court hearing. As for bailiffs, this is far too early for that.

The debt, and the dispute, can't be ignored by you. I suggest that if you have confidence that you are right, prepare to attend court. If you can't pay the charge, be prepared to attend court also. But be aware the judge could rule either way, so make sure you have a solid case for the ruling to go in your favor (otherwise you'll no doubt have even more costs to pay out). Well prepared documentation for the judge goes a long way - gives them time to review the case before it even reaches the court room. Do not walk into court unprepared.

What ever you decide, good luck. It is stress, and it is hassle, I agree, but if you let people walk over you, they will walk over you (one of life's lessons).

If it helps, here's a little story for you. Some years ago now, my dad needed a contract written up by some solicitors. In a meeting, they both verbally agreed that this would cost "about £60" (this happened in Scotland, btw). My dad got billed £120, twice the amount. He disputed it. It went all the way to a small claims hearing. My dad chose to represent himself, and walked into the court room. The legal firm had 10 of their best barristers in there, with their wigs and gowns, all ready to completely destroy my dad (legal intimidation, at its best). But he calmly entered, presented well prepared documentation to the judge, and the hearing was over in less than 5 minutes. The judge basically said to the legal firm "there is no case here, stop wasting my time, £60 is what was agreed". The firm ended up having to pay all my dad's expenses too.

He knew he was right. This was a clear example of a company trying to screw over the individual, as I'm sure they have done before, and as I'm sure happens every day, except most people do not have the time or confidence to rebut - they just accept it (reminds me of this country's current political state and government, but let's not go there). If you know you are right, and you can prove you are right, the judge will most likely rule in your favour, because you are right.

Good luck!

Now on <aaisp.net> (21CN+IPv6)
Previous ISPs: Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable), Be* Un Limited, ZeN
Is Linux routing your internet connection?
Need to make BIND geo-aware?
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to