General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 25-Feb-12 14:52:47
Print Post

Re: Cease Fee by Vivaciti

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by vivaciti:
I have looked up your account and can see that you had requested a MAC, the original MAC was invalid and this was due to a current regrade order on your line to bring it to 21cn (these regrades are automated) we informed you that the regrade was due to complete on the 14th and we could issue a new MAC after this time.
This whole sorry situation stems from your company's actions:
  • YOU issued an invalid MAC (in Dec)
  • YOU issued a duplicate expired MAC (in Feb)
  • YOU refused to issue a valid MAC within the Ofcom guidelines, giving your excuse as some regrade going on; Doubt that OP was aware of the difference.
Stop hounding the OP and threatening to send the dogs in; face up to your responsibilities and bear the charge that resulted from your own errors. Indeed I think OP is due some compensation from you for the delay in his migration.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User broadband66
(experienced) Sat 25-Feb-12 14:57:48
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Could you explain the phone change? Is the op staying with a BT line paying Orange for line rental or switching fully to Orange?

If it is a full switch then I thought a broadband cease was automatic and payable.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1 & VM 2Mb
Now O2 standard
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 25-Feb-12 15:22:02
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

Orange only rent BTw lines. So no phone line cease should come into play.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Sat 25-Feb-12 20:08:43)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User john2007
(legend) Sat 25-Feb-12 15:27:47
Print Post

[re: Fastriver] [link to this post]

The only thing which appears to be clear here is that both parties think they are in the right. That could conceivably be true and it is actually the fault of a third party.

Have you presented Vivaciti with clear timetable of events and given them a chance to respond point by point?

If you have I don't see what else can be done.
Standard User Fastriver
(newbie) Sat 25-Feb-12 15:43:50
Print Post

[re: john2007] [link to this post]

Vivaciti have a record of tickets on their server. They also probably have the recordings of phone calls. They can respond here if they so wish.

Edited by Fastriver (Sat 25-Feb-12 15:44:43)

Standard User aquiss
(experienced) Sat 25-Feb-12 15:52:02
Print Post

[re: Kimi] [link to this post]

Simple answer really, No.

Martin Pitt
Aquiss Internet
http://www.aquiss.net

Home Broadband Packages : http://www.aquiss.net/home-broadband.php
Business Broadband Packages : http://www.aquiss.net/business-broadband.php
Aquiss Partner Scheme : http://www.aquiss.net/partners.php
Standard User Kimi
(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Feb-12 16:05:47
Print Post

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by aquiss:
Simple answer really, No.

Thought not.
Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 25-Feb-12 17:17:32
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Orange only rent BTw lines, i.e. Partial LLU. So no phone line cease should come into play.
Orange still supply SMPF LLU ,are you sure about that ? as i can remember last year or maybe before that they migrated customers who was on the SMPF LLU onto the btw system 20 &21cn only offered these days I'm sure here some info about it,
organge llu 2 wbc

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 25-Feb-12 17:25:18
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
Orange still supply SMPF LLU ,are you sure about that ?
Sorry, was trying to emphasis Orange phone was BTw WLR and got confused about terminology. Yes, Orange BB is supplied by BTw also.

Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Feb-12 17:25:56
Print Post

[re: Kimi] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Kimi:
People sometimes say things in the heat of the moment, does this mean normal company protocol and time tables for escalating none payers to debt collection should be brought forward?

The 'heat of the moment' is not a valid defence under the law for many things that may be said in that situation.

DrT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to