General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Feb-12 17:28:17
Print Post

Re: Cease Fee by Vivaciti

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by vivaciti:
The customer had said they will no longer communicate with us in any way so we have to move the account from customer services over to accounts and collections, we have to notify the customer of all options and possible outcomes at the start of the process.

Cannot see how you have acted unreasonably at all. I hope that many will see this as I do, a company that will not let ex-customers take the mick is one that would stand a better chance of getting my business.

DrT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Feb-12 17:31:22
Print Post

[re: mixt] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mixt:
It is amazing the lengths companies will go to over £30, isn't it?

It is already clear that Vivaciti are the type of company who will pursue this matter until its death (until it is heard in court, and a ruling is made by a judge)

That is not the case at all. The OP has refused to deal with Vivaciti or communicate with them any further and a standard letter was sent. Personally, I do not want to do business with a company that lets small debts go...several small ones add up to one large one. In the end it will be the existing customer base that will foot the bill. The OP is the author of his own misfortune by behaving as reported.

DrT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.

Edited by DrTeeth (Sat 25-Feb-12 17:34:59)

Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Feb-12 17:33:19
Print Post

If you genuinely believe you are in the right, and they are in the wrong, don't pay it. Let them instigate court proceedings (they will file the dispute with the court, you will then receive a court summons which is an invitation to attend a public court hearing, in front of a judge, with them present).

You should also advise the OP to consider the possibility that he may be in the wrong and lose.

DrT

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mixt
(experienced) Sat 25-Feb-12 17:35:11
Print Post

[re: DrTeeth] [link to this post]

Which is why I wrote:

If you genuinely believe you are in the right...

Now on <aaisp.net> (21CN+IPv6)
Previous ISPs: Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable), Be* Un Limited, ZeN
Is Linux routing your internet connection?
Need to make BIND geo-aware?
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Feb-12 17:48:47
Print Post

Which is why I wrote:

If you genuinely believe you are in the right...

Believing one is right, and taking a step back and knowing one is right are two different kettles of fish.

DrT

Standard User mixt
(experienced) Sat 25-Feb-12 17:51:11
Print Post

[re: DrTeeth] [link to this post]

Absolutely, couldn't agree more! smile

Now on <aaisp.net> (21CN+IPv6)
Previous ISPs: Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable), Be* Un Limited, ZeN
Is Linux routing your internet connection?
Need to make BIND geo-aware?
Standard User Fastriver
(newbie) Sat 25-Feb-12 17:53:24
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Thank you XRaySpeX. I believe you have summed up the situation to a T there in some respects.

Is there someone here that would kindly help me with this. Perhaps I could send the complete two tickets-the two MAC requests and subsequent replies. I could also ask for the transcripts, or recordings of telephone calls.

I hate every moment of this and it's getting me down.

If nobody can help, I don't know what to do next.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 25-Feb-12 18:16:20
Print Post

[re: Fastriver] [link to this post]

You're welcome!

However, as others have pointed out, you must not break off communication with them, just cuz you are in dispute with them. It will not do your case any good.

You'd best communicate in writing with them, probably under their formal Complaints Procedure. If you cannot reach agreement then you can appeal to their ADR (Alternative dispute resolution) body whoever they are. No need to be thinking Court; there are other avenues 1st.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 25-Feb-12 18:21:35
Print Post

[re: Fastriver] [link to this post]

IMO up to the point of the heated conversation Vivaciti are partly responsible for this mess that followed by failing to issue a vaild MAC code in Feb ,instead you gave your customer the same code that was issued back in Dec,Why was this not checked before it was sent to the customer ?
Had the second MAC been valid it would of been used by the gaining provider and the migration would of been seemless as it is supposed to be,

So it could be argued by issuing a invalid MAC code you where deliberately impeding the migration process something that Ofcom may or may not take a dim view of ,
The other possible party at fault is orange in placing a cease order presumably without the customers knowledge , if that happened ,

As for what the solution is i don't know, but there would be no harm in both parties trying to reach some amicable agreement between them

Edited by tommy45 (Sat 25-Feb-12 18:36:28)

Standard User Fastriver
(newbie) Sat 25-Feb-12 18:41:08
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Thank you tommy45. There has been no heated conversation at all, I just stated that I felt I was not responsible for paying the charge and that was the end of the matter as far as I was concerned. But Vivaciti immediately took the heavy handed and possibly over the top approach.

I do believe that you (tommy45) have also grasped the situation correctly and I have received poor service and been subject to mistakes by Vivaciti that they clearly are not willing to admit to.

Despite what I said in a ticket response to Vivaciti "There will not be any further communication from me on this matter-ever.", I am not unreasonable at the end of the day and will, following posting this message by responding once again to the ticket with a request for them to kindly consider the situation again after reading through these posts and looking through the tickets. Perhaps then they may see that errors were made and change their minds re. sending in the bailiffs.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to