General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 18-Jun-13 14:35:52
Print Post

Re: Beware of PlusNet ....

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Well put!

Thankyou kind sir wink
Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 18-Jun-13 14:47:45
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by broadband66:
That's what I posted on Saturday. One company cannot advise on what another company will or won't do.

The OP, hindsight is a wonderful thing, should have notified all relevant parties. Expecially friends, family and customers.

So the moral of this story is to log-in to one's PN account and check that the details are correct, including the phone number, before requesting any changes to the account, e.g. switch to a different broadband package, arrange a retention deal or migrate, otherwise if some of the details are incorrect then the account could be closed.

When I was with PN (BB only) support staff would always ask for my user name and some of the characters from the password if I called them but never verification of my phone number. If verification of the phone number was requested then the problems such as those suffered by the OP could be avoided at an early stage - it may not be "fool proof" but it could be simple to implement.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 18-Jun-13 15:39:05
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Don't forget there may be a diff between Contact phone # and BB phone #; it would need to be clarified which is being discussed.

OP did inform PN of change of Contact # but they would have had no inkling that that it also applied to the BB # as it is perfectly possible to have 2 diff #s for the 2 purposes, as I do.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 18-Jun-13 17:24:07
Print Post

Don't forget there may be a diff between Contact phone # and BB phone #; it would need to be clarified which is being discussed.

OP did inform PN of change of Contact # but they would have had no inkling that that it also applied to the BB # as it is perfectly possible to have 2 diff #s for the 2 purposes, as I do.
It's a long thread, especially the OP's posts. I don't remember him saying he had given PN the new number as a contact number. Any chance of a link please?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.4/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 18-Jun-13 18:52:18
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

PN said it:
In reply to a post by chrispurvey:
I can see that it stemmed from a re-number that you had which we were not informed of from what I can see, apart from your contact details were updated.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 19-Jun-13 12:17:20
Print Post

PN said it:
In reply to a post by chrispurvey:
I can see that it stemmed from a re-number that you had which we were not informed of from what I can see, apart from your contact details were updated.
So they were informed?

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 19-Jun-13 13:00:56
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Of change of contact but that's not the same as change of BB line as I showed earlier.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 19-Jun-13 13:09:24
Print Post

How is the distinction made between a contact number and a "BB line" by Plusnet?

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________
ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Wed 19-Jun-13 13:17:02
Print Post

We have a section for contact details and a separate area for connection details. Kelly has mentioned that the process has gone wrong here, we're sorry for the impact it caused so we're going to fix the process so it doesn't happen again.

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/unhappiness/t/42461...

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 19-Jun-13 13:37:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
How is the distinction made between a contact number and a "BB line" by Plusnet?
Hey, PN, install my BB on my BT line 01xxxxxx364, but contact me on 01xxxxxx563!

(both are pukka BT #s)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to