General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ExPLUSNOT
(learned) Thu 20-Jun-13 12:22:44
Print Post

Re: Beware of PlusNet ....

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
I think by "backup" they meant an alternate facility - ie a second ADSL line, a dial up backup, 3G or whatever else. If BB is vital for business then you need alternatives as there can be issues at any point.

As far as your comment about BT informing you that you didn't need to tell your ISP... BT may well own Plusnet but there are chinese walls all over BT due to regulatory compliance. BT Retail will have no connection to Plusnet other than the fact they share a parent company. They are not allowed to deal with Plusnet any differently to any other ISP.

The fact BT Retail gave you bad advice is not the fault of Plusnet - so if you have an issue with that it should be BT Retail you take it up with. Plusnet have admitted a failing in their systems. They have (I think) admitted that your case was then not handled properly. They are trying to rectify the issue.

If you still aren't satisfied then I would suggest you need to write to Plusnet and tell them what would satisfy you (whether that is a written apology, financial compensation, etc). If they then refuse to do that then you either take them to ombudsman/court or you write it off as a bad experience.

What you have managed to do is highlight an issue in their systems that hopefully they will rectify and you can have the (possible) satisfaction of knowing that others hopefully won't go through what you did - it's down to you as to whether that gives you any satisfaction of helping your fellow man/woman.

Thaks for your comments. PN did not pull the plug on me because BT may have given me daft advice when my number was changed. It is as clear as water that they did not check validity and activity properly when my old number returned No Service Attached.

Issues such as short-lived line faults can happen at any time, perhaps to PN's credit I only had a couple such issues in 10 years and downtime was minimal, most internetters would put up patiently being down a few hours without bringing back up systems, and in an imperfect world nobody would kick up a sting for that.

My understanding of a backup system includes dial up facilities and alternative external fast internet (I had both) but on the whole my back up systems enabled me to manage with a big "limp" and it was all very cumbersome and costly in real money terms and personal inconvenience.

I hope this incident has helped PN members to press them for improved automated systems and honing the human element of customer service. They knew they had disconnected an active customer but once they noticed the blunder the CS was robotic and unresponsive to urgent service restoration. I can't accept that my 10 year loyalty is repaid in this manner.
Standard User johnjburness
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 20-Jun-13 12:36:38
Print Post

[re: ExPLUSNOT] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ExPLUSNOT:
once they noticed the blunder the CS was robotic and unresponsive to urgent service ............

Regretfully this is not unique to PN!

I think that tends to cover most "Script-Kiddie" type of Call-Centre based Customer Service. Its fine for straightforward "run-of-the-mill" type issues but absolutely useless for anything out of the usual!

Regards,
John
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Jun-13 12:42:10
Print Post

As I said Plusnet did make a mistake here and have admitted so. They also didn't deal with that mistake very well.

But, they can't now fix that for you. It is down to you whether you want to take action against Plusnet for past transgressions - anything they do to improve their systems will not help fix what has already occurred.

Has the issue now been resolved one way or another? It seems that unless there is something specific you still need fixed that we have all probably input about as much as we can.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Jun-13 14:57:18
Print Post

In reply to a post by ExPLUSNOT:
As I recall I thought it was odd to see my old phone number in my members area shortly after BT changed it, and I tried to put the new one in, but for some reason it did not change, so it was reasonable of me to assume BT must have changed it. Subsequently, I went into the members area several times and saw my old number still there.
I'm certain that if I'd noticed that the telephone number for my broadband was incorrect I would have contacted PN to have it corrected (although given that BT Retail had given an assurance that they'd handle everything I might not have done it immediately).

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001 - not sure for how much longer
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 21-Jun-13 10:26:06
Print Post

[re: johnjburness] [link to this post]

The OP was adamant that it was not the change of number that caused his issue as his BB was working for the 3 years after the change. It has been proved since that it was the number change. Hence the stance that certain posters took.

If I was to change my bank and the new bank said that they would sort out all the SOs and DDs I would still inform all the relevant companies. As I keep stating, one company can't tell you how another company works.

We're all of the same opinion that PN didn't sort the issue very well.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1 & VM 2Mb
Now O2 standard
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to