General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Sudsheps
(newbie) Mon 26-Aug-13 21:10:20
Print Post

Re: Avonline / Tooway / Skylogic

[re: TheDogTog] [link to this post]

Sorry to hear you have the same issues.

I have had to sign up for another 'unlimited' router so double the cost to keep things going.
It's pretty cray but I would have to move office otherwise.

If they'd been upfront, when I was one of the first to go unlimited, I would have rethought.

I had Adam at Avonline on the phone for 45 mins to prove their speed claims are wrong. Every test he did with mine and their own speed tests also using their FTP proved the claim of upload speed which matters to me is only 2mb.

He had no excuse.

I hate being stock in this position whilst no having to pay more.

Ed
Standard User niallquinn1971
(newbie) Tue 27-Aug-13 10:04:25
Print Post

[re: Sudsheps] [link to this post]

Are all the Tooway providers the same though? Ie will Bentley-Walker be the same?

Thanks.
Standard User Lepus
(newbie) Tue 27-Aug-13 14:00:49
Print Post

Re: Avonline / Tooway / Skylogic - Usage Restrictions

[re: richardcwgate] [link to this post]

I entered into a contract with Tooway expressly on the condition there was no restrictions/fair usage policy. Clearly,at the behest of their masters Skylogic they have reneged on this and are in breach of contract.

However, I was advised by them that no usage instructions would be imposed before 5 PM. However, I've been receiving appalling speeds this morning which I have questioned with them and it would now seen they are applying the Heavy Users Restrictions throughout the day. I'm getting circe 650 kbs on a 20MB Unlimited package

Does anyone know of any alternative Satellite broadband options?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User grahammm
(member) Sat 31-Aug-13 11:11:38
Print Post

[re: TheDogTog] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TheDogTog:
Now it is impossible - it takes so long to upload images at weekends that my whole business USP has gone... I am losing customers hand over fist, as it is taking DAYS to get images online, instead of minutes / hours and by then, the euphoria of the event is gone, bills are in the post when people get home and sales opportunities are gone..

As they previously supplied the level of service which they claimed and you relied upon, could you not use estopel to force them to provide the level of service which you relied upon.
Standard User JamJamJam
(newbie) Sun 01-Sep-13 04:48:02
Print Post

[re: richardcwgate] [link to this post]

I'm amazed that / if a online relented in practice and gave you unlimited or unrestricted use (as signed up to) as its all meant to be implemented by Tooway and a online are the monkeys oily rag

I put reasoned arguments forward to Mark Wyn .... He's on twitter if you want him.

Was met with what I though was understanding, turned out that when I satisfied all conditions not to be restricted ..... I still was. So it's all lies. Mark Wyn is indeed hard faced and has a strictly enforced FU policy.

I appear to have given up as now have alternative 'free' broadband and too way to be removed - no refund tho and Wynn is still acting like a ****.
Standard User honmanm
(newbie) Mon 02-Sep-13 11:50:54
Print Post

[re: niallquinn1971] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by niallquinn1971:
Are all the Tooway providers the same though? Ie will Bentley-Walker be the same?

Our experience of Bentley Walker is just the same as the problems reported with Tooway services from Avonline. They just don't want to know about the problems (of course they're happy to take our money).

To be honest after this experience I don't trust anyone in the satellite broadband business.
Standard User fludge
(newbie) Mon 02-Sep-13 20:43:37
Print Post

[re: honmanm] [link to this post]

I've managed to ditch my Tooway service, cancelling the contract early without penalty and move to wimax 20 down/20 up and 20ms latency. Well chuffed...
Standard User andyl123
(newbie) Tue 03-Sep-13 15:08:43
Print Post

[re: JamJamJam] [link to this post]

I also recently switched (1 week ago) to Avonline Satellite Broadband due to living in a rural area and having shockingly bad broadband with BT (but that's a whole new story!!)
I am having exactly the same problem- great morning speeds of 20mb that go down as low a 1mb in the evening. Just spoke to the technical helpline who tell me it "could be an issue with the router!!!"
I informed him that I had done a full trend analysis of my download speeds and the times of the drop are consistent and do not indicate faulty equipment but a definite "busy period" as experienced with land-line broadband. One of the reasons for my purchasing the system was the slick sales patter of the website with phrases such as "wherever you live" "fast reliable broadband" etc etc [censored] [censored]!!
Its only since I have looked at the forums that I realise there is a problem with shared access!! Unbelievable!!!
I have to ring them back tonight to carry out a speed check so will keep you updated but they really need to up their game for me to stay with them.
Mister Angry
Standard User JamJamJam
(newbie) Wed 04-Sep-13 13:39:23
Print Post

[re: andyl123] [link to this post]

They're not going to up their game - speaking from experience.

The service dropped off and despite all excuses stayed off, the requests to do speed tests and to give it 48 hours etc are delaying tactics at best.

They don't really blame Tooway but Avonline are middlemen, selling the package to make money obviously.

However, they won't stop selling even though the reasons given for the slowdown are that too many people are using the service. There may be more capacity to switch on, satellite updates to do etc ... but thats some way off and will just delay the situation that we are in ... or rather youre in as I left!

Not bitter but there is little point in signing up if you expect 20mb / unlimited. There will be disruption, it won't be perfect, but it will be more usable at off peak times - however its quite expensive when not receiving what you pay for.

Similar posts on a forum at website - SatSig in the Tooway tab. Might give a bit more perspective?
Standard User thelandlord9196
(newbie) Sat 07-Sep-13 19:34:01
Print Post

[re: JamJamJam] [link to this post]

hi ours is the same when we joined over 4 months ago it was 100% perfect as we cant get nornal broadband living in a "rural area" i like to call it a "non profit area" by silly BT its like having dial up all over again !! trouble is Avonline is just another tyipcal badly run British Comapny who hide behind what they feel is the excuse today, and some of them are really really silly and sad....when we called and emails many time we had one suggestion if its the greedies who are hogging the bandwidth simply cut them off? I asked whos silly stupid idea was to give people the unlimited option as ever in the Uk it would be open to instant abuse?

simple stop selling the service until it is fixed ?

what i suggest is the issue is that the bean counters are Tooway Avonline has found that if they restrict us all they make more money simple? but, short term as ever as all the sutomer swill run away

wait until we can all get 4g etc with good allowances BT and the lieks of Aveonline will die

in the emantime whos for class action ? lets help them go out of Business sounds like a plan? we are on XL and i dont mind paying whatever the cost just so long as it works !!

does anyone know of any other sat broadband service that may work ?

another option if we all downgrade to the lowest plan and keep with in the limits? that will hurt them in the pocket instant and i think its only a one off payment to downgrade of £25?

do what we are now doing and bombard them with emails about the service

Edited by thelandlord9196 (Sat 07-Sep-13 20:02:00)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to