General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Tel3koN
(newbie) Mon 08-Jul-13 18:45:21
Print Post

Re: Avonline / Tooway / Skylogic

[re: Tel3koN] [link to this post]

The IP also changed to a 176.227.*.* Address around the same time this started happening.

Also I'll take some screenshots showing the sudden jump back to 20MBIT at 1:30AM and post them tomorrow 9th July 2013.

1:30AM/8AM is the only time the broadband isn't totally useless.
Standard User JamJamJam
(newbie) Mon 08-Jul-13 19:29:27
Print Post

It's no coincidence that speedprobe tests give 20mb results when all others give sweet fa - the truer result if nothing works / streams.

Also no coincidence that when plugged directly into router as requested when calling support and THEY say just do a test now .... I get more than 20mb speed.

Plus the fact that for weeks every day the problem starts about the same time and ends at same time.

If the reason was a certain number of high mb users, would they really start the same time Every day, 7 days a week .... End the same time 7 days a week .... And not think 'oooo I like downloading stuff, I'll queue it up to download 24/7'

Fishy fishy stinky avonline
Standard User moro833
(newbie) Mon 08-Jul-13 20:52:08
Print Post

[re: JamJamJam] [link to this post]

Hello again to eveybody.

This morning I did several times the speed test thought http://speedprobe.skylogicnet.com/ and "magically" I got at around 9.30am Spanish local time download peaks around 21-26mbps * 5.60/5.82 up - 710-776ms ping and aound 10-20 jitter..

then just after I called the guys of www.europasat.com (where I purchased the Tooway kit) to discuss about the ridiculous drop in speed had for the whole Sunday day yesterday/

this is their reply also written by email:

Dear Mr Samaritani,

During peak hours of the day (5pm - 11pm) the speed would fluctuate more because of bandwidth availability during these periods.

We can see you have performed a few more speed tests on the connection and back to normal out of peak periods.

Unfortunately we cannot do much about the bandwidth on the shared network during peak hours.

Kind Regards
Technical Support

Ticket ID: #737271
Subject: When you were offline (via LivePerson) [MERGED]
Department: Â Technical Help

Tonight and right now, I am back to the same ridiculous speed around 1-1.10mbps and 0.09up!!!!

NO COMMENT

My reply to them Again:

Good Evening,

Unfortunately this kind of service has not been mentioned into your agreement specifically and clearly at all.

Right now 21.20 Spanish local time, I do still have a very ridiculous speed of 1.03mbps (0.09 up). Peak time or not, we are talking of a drastic drop in speed from about 20mbps till about 1mbps, that it is a 95%!!!

in your contract it is not specify at all of a drop in the internet speed of 90/95% for your expensive rent!

If this problem will not be solved in hours I am regret that I will have to proceed to a full return of the kit, exit from your rental and get a refund.

This sounds perfectly as a fraud.

If you cannot do much about it, please advice me on how to return all the kit back to you.

----------------

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Tim_Myers
(newbie) Mon 08-Jul-13 22:29:48
Print Post

You're not alone. I too am with Avonline/Tooway and have had a support ticket open now for over 1 month after the service speeds dropped through a hole in the floor at the end of May rendering it pretty useless.

I too have had long conversations with Adam and Stuart and have heard all the stories about excessive users, beam problems with the satellite, fixes going in soon etc. etc. I have had their engineer check out my installation and replace the modem. All to no effect. The service remains unfit for purpose with painfully slow web browsing and crawling download speeds that are akin to a 56K modem. I cannot use iPlayer, watch YouTube or stream my music from iTunes Match as their website says I should.

I will shortly cancel the service and demand compensation, I have already contacted the Ombudsman who agrees that the service does not deliver the expectations set by the Avonline and Tooway websites and is not fit for purpose, and I expect to be compensated for the appalling service.

Overall between 5pm and 1am the service is equivalent to a 0.5meg ADSL connection, I have a month of recorded speedtests that show this pattern is consistent.
Standard User Tel3koN
(newbie) Tue 09-Jul-13 02:01:18
Print Post

Re: Avonline / Tooway / Skylogic *DELETED*

Post deleted by Sadoldman
Standard User moro833
(newbie) Wed 10-Jul-13 09:53:32
Print Post

[re: Tim_Myers] [link to this post]

Hey Tim_Myers,

Hope you are well;

how have you achieved a sorta of positive stage with Ombudsman to try to cancel the satellite contract early with a possible compensation?

This morning the situation is pretty much as yours, it looks like it is getting worse everyday a bit more.. Today I am not getting more then 2.5 - 3 mbps.. coincidence or not, during my trial days, just after I received the sat kit, I had the speed even on weekend almost or more of 20mbps.. then 0.5 max 3mbps at any time during the night.

I spent Monday night till 3am Spanish time to check if it was going to be any better.. the result was No.

Their replies are always very poorly, without any possibility to theirs hands to do anything, sounds pretty bizarre.

REPLY AFTER MY SECOND COMPLAINT:

Dear Sir,

Our engineers have double checked your system and run a full analysis on the account. They have confirmed that the speeds you are seeing are due to congestion on the beam you are receiving from.
Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to improve the performance on your system.

Please be aware the 20Mb/s connection is an "up to" connection and the speeds can unfortunately not be guaranteed at any time because the service is a shared network between users.
The speeds are bound to fluctuate depending on network resources availability. Our service provider has checked and rechecked your account and can confirm it is set up correctly and will receive the maximum amount of available bandwidth at any given time.

Kind regards,

Europasat Technical Support

Ticket ID: #737271
Subject: When you were offline (via LivePerson) [MERGED]
Department: Â Technical Help
Standard User Tel3koN
(newbie) Wed 10-Jul-13 12:14:16
Print Post

[re: moro833] [link to this post]

AVONLINE facebook description of their service.

Description
For home or work, Tooway™ satellite broadband delivered and installed by Avonline Broadband provides fast broadband 24/7. Not shared. No slow down at peek times. No frustrations. Avonline Broadband has the technicians and customer service teams to ensure you get what you want, when you want it.

?

frown
Standard User Tel3koN
(newbie) Wed 10-Jul-13 12:51:15
Print Post

Well time to post the speedtests from @ speedtest.net

11:10PM - http://www.speedtest.net/result/2824160555.png - 0.44Mb/s

11:15PM - http://www.speedtest.net/result/2824167275.png - 0.52Mb/s

12:05AM - http://www.speedtest.net/result/2824234634.png - 0.66Mb/s

12:10AM - http://www.speedtest.net/result/2824240989.png - 0.40Mb/s

01:30AM - http://www.speedtest.net/result/2824343008.png - 8.03Mb/s

Notice at 01:30AM the speed jumps upto 20MBIT.

The speedtest at 01:30AM displays 8.03Mb/s but I can tell you it's downloading at 20MBIT / 2.17MB/s at this point, see below for better result.

01:30AM - http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5606/3fgt.jpg - 2.17MB/s

All speedtests above are based on (UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London timezone and was connected to the PC with the ethernet throughout.

The skylogic speedprobe gave a 20MBIT result all the time but this is never the case, it doesn't even check against my IP Address anyway.
Standard User JamJamJam
(newbie) Wed 10-Jul-13 13:35:30
Print Post

Phoned avonline today. Had enough after last night, waited til gone 1am, worked then nothing at all after 30 mins. Today getting 3mb down and 5mb up.

Ready to go to ombudsman. Thought you had to escalate it with company and get a deadlock letter then escalate it to ombudsman. Have you done this?

Which ombudsman service did you go to? Think there are two and avonline will be with one and not the other.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 11-Jul-13 00:05:47
Print Post

They don't mention any ADR provider on their website. Nor even a dispute procedure. The legal section looks very anti-customer.

A very nasty one is the notice period after the end of your minimum term. One month written notice required, starting at the end of the month in which they acknowledge receipt of that notice. Pardon? That could easily translate into well over two months notice.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.4/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to