General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User JamJamJam
(newbie) Tue 16-Jul-13 20:06:36
Print Post

Re: Avonline / Tooway / Skylogic

[re: spacecoast] [link to this post]

We have clearly had similar experiences, the service for whatever reason isn't working.

Apart from the cost -vs- service received unhappiness, it's ongoing and we are being fed a few lines

For me, I would like decent speeds, or at least not to be buffering all the time. If avonline can't supply this I have to leave them. I need to make that decision and its based on others experiences and what they're being told.

Frankly I can't believe there aren't more people on the net and voicing anger and frustrations.

I think 'we' need to attack this problem not as odds and sods of people accepting what we're told and waiting but as a collective.

How can we do this? Good idea / bad idea?
Standard User Tel3koN
(newbie) Tue 16-Jul-13 20:08:40
Print Post

[re: peterjscott100] [link to this post]

peterjscott100 can you link the post in question.

I must be blind cause I can't find it on the www.ruralbroadband.co.uk/blog
Standard User Snapper3166
(newbie) Tue 16-Jul-13 20:21:07
Print Post

[re: Tel3koN] [link to this post]

Is this only an Avonline issue?? Do none of the other Tooway suppliers have the issue?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Tel3koN
(newbie) Tue 16-Jul-13 20:22:35
Print Post

[re: JamJamJam] [link to this post]

They shouldn't be capping anyone until they reach their allocated bandwidth allowance/limit.

FUP (Fair Usage Policy) should only apply to people who are not already on a CAP (monthly bandwidth allowance/limit) and not to people who have a set monthly bandwidth allowance/limit.

Limit the limited before they reach their limit to the point where they won't even reach their allowed limit within a 3 month period nevermind the monthly period. Yeah good business idea TOOSLOWAY.
Standard User peterjscott100
(newbie) Tue 16-Jul-13 21:09:04
Print Post

Afraid not. Its a site for customers accounts protected by password, not the site for all. It links to Broadband Everywhere's customer site to provide usage, speedtest, maintenance, account and other info.
Standard User JamJamJam
(newbie) Wed 17-Jul-13 15:09:42
Print Post

[re: peterjscott100] [link to this post]

News today, after waiting for 'should have a reply in 48 hours'.

I am on unlimited and as such, I am in the high user category, apparently managing to use 60gb in last 4 weeks despite not being able to use the service in the evenings. I think usage was 70gb? Thats between a family that watches catch up tv in standard definition in the evenings .... nothing else.

As a 'high user' i am put into a 'pipe' along with all the other high users and ooo the reduced (to unusable) speeds are reasonable because of that.

Advice - use less gb per month.

But I'm on unlimited? Guaranteed 90% of 20mb speeds?

But other users on capped limits are getting the same restriction?

So apparently i'm on severely limited, unlimited, with a guaranteed speed of 2% headline rate for the bargain sum of £65

Must tell my friends
Standard User Snapper3166
(newbie) Wed 17-Jul-13 20:24:40
Print Post

[re: JamJamJam] [link to this post]

Well I can tell you I am also on the 'unlimited' package and have EXACTLY the same issue, unusable for the last 4-5 weeks....

How much bandwidth have I used since the 1st July? 3Gb! So I can tell you its not on bandwidth, if I could work out how to attach pictures I could show a graph of my daily usage.......

Spoken to support several times, always same reply "issue with service provider, they have put in a fix and it should get better"

I am really intrigued if this is an Avonline only issue
Standard User Tel3koN
(newbie) Sat 20-Jul-13 20:05:21
Print Post

[re: Snapper3166] [link to this post]

Tooway changes Unlimited Service to XX-Large

http://www.ruralbroadband.co.uk/blog/tooway-changes-...

Basically you will continue to have poor speeds until September 2013.

Information on Speedtests below:

If you're using a speedtest between 1:/1:30AM and 10AM (UTC) the results will be floating around 20MBIT.

If you're using a speedtest between 10AM and 1AM (UTC) the results will be floating below 1MBIT.

If you're using the speedprobe supplied by skylogic @ http://speedprobe.skylogicnet.com/ make sure it's checking against your public IP address and not the modem/router IP address.

The modem/router IP address will give 20MBIT results.

It's advised you run a speedtest using http://thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/ or using http://www.speedtest.net/.

http://www.speedtest.net/ will display your public IP address.

Both the thinkbroadband.com and speedtest.net will display speedtest results based on your public IP address.

Tel3koN
Standard User ChrisWilson
(newbie) Tue 23-Jul-13 11:04:08
Print Post

Would users of this service please post up their experiences of how this situation is handled please? I am wanting satellite, as my rural ADSL is flaky, but NOT wanting more headaches and hassles! Thanks.

Best regards,
CW.
Standard User ToowayUK
(newbie) Tue 23-Jul-13 16:50:04
Print Post

[re: ChrisWilson] [link to this post]

Hi there,
I thought it might be helpful to provide some more information on the Tooway Fair Usage Policy. To maintain a quality service for all Tooway users it is necessary to sometimes regulate heavy bandwidth users at peak times, under a Fair Usage Policy, to ensure all customers continue to receive access to network capacity. As a result, we may reduce significantly the bandwidth available to the highest data users during peak hours (currently 4pm to 12am UTC weekdays and weekends). No traffic management is applied outside of peak hours.

The generic rules are as follows:

For S, M, L and XL Tooway packages; customers using more than 25% of their monthly data allowance during Peak Hours in any single week will be classified as a high data user and bandwidth will be temporarily restricted to regulate the service

For Absolute Tooway customers (unlimited package): an upper limit has been applied for Peak Hours, depending on the congestion levels in the network. Typically, the Fair Usage Policy will affect the top 10% of data users subscribing to this package, based on their monthly and/or weekly usage and currently equates to customers using over 60GB of data per month.

Network usage is monitored and customers who decrease their data usage or schedule intensive data downloads or exchange to off peak hours will have their regular bandwidth speeds reinstated.

We understand these measures are constraining for some users but they allow us to maintain affordable and sustainable broadband access for everyone.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to