General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | [12] | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User s_yates
(newbie) Tue 07-Jan-14 16:13:04
Print Post

Re: Plusnet is not trustworthy: or can no-one ever be?

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

Originally, before the work done by BTOR, there were frequent drops on the line. It is more difficult for me now to ascertain whether there are still drops occuring as Plusnet have put me on a static IP for monitoring purposes .. see quality graph for the results of this.

The lag does not seem to be tied to a specific application, affecting games and browsing alike. It is worse between 7 pm and 11 pm. There is no indication of congestion at the exchange, at least as far as the tools I have been asked to use has shown.

I hope that like in your case, Plusnet identify the root of the problem, but it seems a bit unlikley at the moment as they are having difficulty maintaining one member of staff on the problem ticket. In addition to around a 1 month delay in answering questions posed via their ticket system.
Standard User AndyHCZ
(learned) Tue 07-Jan-14 16:31:05
Print Post

[re: s_yates] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by s_yates:
and please refrain from intimating I am lying... I find that most offensive.

I am not implying you are lying at all, I just don't think you know how things work. Where have I advocated giving up?

You are aware that PN have no contact with OpenReach for broadband and everything has to go through BTW?

If you have problems with your line that is affecting your broadband, it cannot be a fault in PlusNet's network. The problem with fixing line problems is they can be extremely difficult to pin-point. If you have intermittent noise on the line affecting your connection, it could be that Openreach will say it is not commercially viable to fix or even locate the problem (if they have sent out numerous engineers already).

It might cost thousands of pounds to replace sections the line to your exchange and even then there are no guarantees it will fix things. There could be something like a faulty street light that is causing electrical interference on your connection. There is even a team within Openreach who check for things like this and apparently they have been able to identify faulty domestic electrical appliances that are causing interference on telephone lines/problems with broadband for people in that area.
Standard User AndyHCZ
(learned) Tue 07-Jan-14 16:55:37
Print Post

Is there a thread with your problems on the PN forums?

If you are on a 21CN (fibre or ADSL 2+), the congestion tool on the user page only applies for 20CN connections. As far as I am aware, only the CPs have access to the weekly spreadsheets from BTw showing exchange capacity problems. I would hope if your exchange was on that list, someone at PN would have told you by now.

As for the ticket system delays, this is unfortunately a known and increasing problem. It would seem that PN is growing at a faster rate than their support team can currently handle.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 07-Jan-14 17:35:29
Print Post

I have no obligation to stay with Plusnet, but do not see why I should be forced to move rather than giving me what I pay for.. after all they are the best aren't they?

Why bite off your nose to spite your face.

So, why should I stay quiet? I've done everything I can to assist Plusnet in their investigations and in return I get moved from one advisor to another, each one wanting a "few days" to read through the problem ticket.

You cannot expect to have the same person deal with your issues. Like many they will work shifts, maybe over 3 or 4 days. So you would end up waiting even longer for replies. They also may even have different levels of support. So if its not resolved in the 1st place it is passed up the line to the more experienced staff to deal with.

If you are not getting the service you are paying for.. you are quite entitled to moan and to warn others that things may not be as good as they first appear to be, after all they may be signing up to a very long contract based on what they are told.

You are but one voice in thousands that are happy.

No matter which isp you use even AA. You will find someone who is not happy with the way they are treated.
Sadly it is very uncommon to here someone saying just how good the service is, compared to someone who is unhappy.

But the fact you have NOT left speaks far more than all your words about how bad the service is.....

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/
To Infinity
Wats SUP doc.... You using too much.....
Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 07-Jan-14 17:47:55
Print Post

Re: Plusnet untrustworthy

[re: mixt] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mixt:
I logged a fault with AA and an Openreach engineer was onsite in under 4 hours, and line restored that same evening. This is the only time I have been gobsmacked in the response time in dealing with a line fault - I was half expecting an engineer to take at least a day or two days to come out, not within 4 hours.

Are you a business customer?

Review center

2 out of 7 posts are complaints.

Andrews & Arnold have left me without internet connectivity for over a week now. Calls to Support, when they are answered, are met with requests to simply reboot the router or promises to call BT and then get back to me.

They never get back to me.

Very dissappointed with Andrews and Arnold Broadband Internet perhaps I have been unlucky I dont know but found thecustomer service not great at all.
Speeds are very bad and after a good period of time 8 weeks have decided it best to part company with them.
I would not recommend this isp at all they just seem to be unable to resolve problems and whilst BT are bearing the blame in lots of cases what really is not good is the calls which are promised and never materialise.

Just don't look at the plusnet ones.....

Clearly some people do not want to pay such prices as AA charge, for something you can get far cheaper.

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/
To Infinity
Wats SUP doc.... You using too much.....
Standard User alext05
(member) Tue 07-Jan-14 17:52:11
Print Post

Not sure who is confused here, as I am only dealing in known facts (and by the way I am not trying to have a go at you, my initial reply to you was rather a generic observation to all taking part in the discussion). I do complaint myself a bit and think too that raising a valid point in the forums is a good way to share a problem and find a solution.

I don't know the nitty-gritty of your case, but what I do know is that you said that "I have already done everything (bar the official complaint to OFCOM) that you have mentioned as the way forward." Would it be reasonable for me or indeed anyone to assume that you got a deadlock letter from Plusnet, if you followed everything on this page at http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complai... ? I think so.

The deadlock letter would have given you in writing the final position of Plusnet on the issue, and it would have been up to you to make a decision on whether to carry on staying knowing that they cannot do anything to resolve it or to move somewhere else.

So if you don't have a deadlock letter from Plusnet, it might be a good time to ask for one. This could be a final push they need to resolve your problem.

In any way, you will get in writing their position, and you can take them to court or use it to complaint to CISAS, or even post it here for us to see what they said, so we can discuss if they have really done everything possible to help you.

So, I am not advocating in giving up just yet, but I do advocate to get a deadlock letter and then make your decision based on what it will say.

As for intimating that you are lying, well, I find it surprising that you have been unhappy with the service provided by Plusnet for many months yet still choose to stay.

So if you genuinely want to stay and help your ISP to sort this problematic issue on your line, perhaps it's a time to take a step back, let them deal with it and at the same time proceed with any official channels still available to you to get the definite answer on whether it can be resolved by Plusnet or not.

I wish you all the best with this.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 07-Jan-14 17:54:15
Print Post

[re: JohnR] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by JohnR:
Clearly some people do not want to pay such prices as AA charge, for something you can get far cheaper.
Really? Where can you get the same level of service and support expertise as AA for a cheaper price?

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001 - not sure for how much longer
Standard User s_yates
(newbie) Tue 07-Jan-14 17:55:51
Print Post

go back and read my previous posts.. you will find all of thee answers to your flawed statements there.

as for the "thousands that are happy" back this up with something substantial. I'm only stating that I am unhappy and advising of my experiences, not claiming that the majority of Plusnet's customers are unhappy. What are you trying to say?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 07-Jan-14 18:02:17
Print Post

as for the "thousands that are happy" back this up with something substantial.
Well currently there appear to be about 677,000 customers online. (Modem powered up and connected, not necessarily in active use). One can safely assume thousands of those are happy smile. Possibly several hundred thousand.

The bottom graph on this page.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User mixt
(experienced) Tue 07-Jan-14 18:04:49
Print Post

Are you a business customer?

They have provisioned me a business PSTN line (worded as such on their portal), so maybe the line is of that grade. But I'm not a business customer; FTTC service is at a residential address.

Couldn't agree more with you. Clearly some people also wish to continue paying a company that either cannot or will not provide a fault free broadband service, and wish to waste their time and energy dealing with an organisation that only aggravates them. Solution? Move to a provider that has a reputation for fixing faults. AA is one such provider. But it doesn't have to be them, I'm sure there are other such ISPs that are also capable (Zen, who I've also previously been with).

Now on <aaisp.net> (21CN+IPv6+40Mb/FTTC)
Previous ISPs: Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable), Be* Un Limited, ZeN
Is Linux routing your internet connection?
Need to make BIND geo-aware?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | [12] | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to