General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User KelvinBridge
(learned) Tue 07-Jan-14 18:10:11
Print Post

Re: Plusnet is not trustworthy: or can no-one ever be?

[re: alext05] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by alext05:
Not sure who is confused here, as I am only dealing in known facts (and by the way I am not trying to have a go at you, my initial reply to you was rather a generic observation to all taking part in the discussion). I do complaint myself a bit and think too that raising a valid point in the forums is a good way to share a problem and find a solution.

I don't know the nitty-gritty of your case, but what I do know is that you said that "I have already done everything (bar the official complaint to OFCOM) that you have mentioned as the way forward." Would it be reasonable for me or indeed anyone to assume that you got a deadlock letter from Plusnet, if you followed everything on this page at http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complai... ? I think so.

The deadlock letter would have given you in writing the final position of Plusnet on the issue, and it would have been up to you to make a decision on whether to carry on staying knowing that they cannot do anything to resolve it or to move somewhere else.

So if you don't have a deadlock letter from Plusnet, it might be a good time to ask for one. This could be a final push they need to resolve your problem.

In any way, you will get in writing their position, and you can take them to court or use it to complaint to CISAS, or even post it here for us to see what they said, so we can discuss if they have really done everything possible to help you.

So, I am not advocating in giving up just yet, but I do advocate to get a deadlock letter and then make your decision based on what it will say.

As for intimating that you are lying, well, I find it surprising that you have been unhappy with the service provided by Plusnet for many months yet still choose to stay.

So if you genuinely want to stay and help your ISP to sort this problematic issue on your line, perhaps it's a time to take a step back, let them deal with it and at the same time proceed with any official channels still available to you to get the definite answer on whether it can be resolved by Plusnet or not.

I wish you all the best with this.

quote > ''perhaps it's a time to take a step back,''

How can he possibly ''take a step back'' because being in the Lime-light for so long is so dreadfully addictive , he did modestly say , quote > ''I've done everything I can to assist Plusnet in their investigations '' and this >>'' I also do not believe that they have exhausted all their options either.
So.. I as far as I know, if they put effort into finding what is causing the issue, they could actually fix it. ''''

So an Expert of his calibre is as rare as a perfect ISP !!!!
Standard User s_yates
(newbie) Tue 07-Jan-14 18:18:22
Print Post

[re: alext05] [link to this post]

I don't know the nitty-gritty of your case, but what I do know is that you said that "I have already done everything (bar the official complaint to OFCOM) that you have mentioned as the way forward." Would it be reasonable for me or indeed anyone to assume that you got a deadlock letter from Plusnet, if you followed everything on this page at http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complai... ? I think so.

Sorry, my misreading of what you said. There are two stages in that.. the official complaint to Plusnet, resulting eventually in a deadlock letter and the taking of that further (to CISAS in this case, not OFCOM).
I have not yet put in an official complaint to Plusnet, the reasons are given below, but am about to do so as I can;t see any other way forward.

So, I am not advocating in giving up just yet, but I do advocate to get a deadlock letter and then make your decision based on what it will say.

As for intimating that you are lying, well, I find it surprising that you have been unhappy with the service provided by Plusnet for many months yet still choose to stay.

As promised.. why I have not yet gone through the complaint channels... The cycle that this has been going through is that there is generally a time of some action by Plusnet, in which the staff show an interest in your problem. After a while though, it all goes quiet and you are left poking and prodding them to do something with very little response through the ticketting system. You then go and let off steam on the public forums, which brings the response of a "we are very sorry, we will look into it" and you start the cycle again.

Up till now, I have given them the benefit of the doubt, each time thinking maybe it will be different this time. Last time I got a guy from their community team who really knew his stuff and was convinced that this time it would be it.... then they took him off to answer phones (which I only found out about a couple of weeks after it had happened).

So yes... maybe I've been taken in by Plusnet and their "We will do you proud" slogan and given them a lot more latitude than I should have and also been taken in by the "it's all openreach's fault" brigade until the last (11th) engineer visit I had towards the end of last year when they redid the line from the exchange to the house and the problem was still unresolved.

I'm sure you can understand that when the choice of provider is limited, it is sometimes worth digging your heels in, in the hope of actually seeing results for the effort that you have made, especially when you are still being led to believe that the line is at fault.

I wish you all the best with this.

Thank you
Standard User mixt
(experienced) Tue 07-Jan-14 18:18:37
Print Post

Re: Plusnet untrustworthy

[re: JohnR] [link to this post]

Actually, regarding the business PSTN line, I bet AA provisioned it as a business grade line via BT as it is AA I pay the line rental to and the fault was clearly a line fault. If I had the line installed via BT directly, with AA FTTC on top, the response would have no way been 4 hours.

So it seems AA provision business grade lines as standard if you take on line rental directly through them. Not unreasonable. Though would need to check if they do the same on a Home::1 connection as that is strictly supposed to be residential only; they do not issue VAT invoices on that package.

Now on <aaisp.net> (21CN+IPv6+40Mb/FTTC)
Previous ISPs: Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable), Be* Un Limited, ZeN
Is Linux routing your internet connection?
Need to make BIND geo-aware?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 07-Jan-14 18:18:55
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jelv:
Really? Where can you get the same level of service and support expertise as AA for a cheaper price?

From my personal experience. Any of the isp's in my profile I have used.

I have only ever had 2 issues. One on migration from F2s to PlusNet. Which took a while to resolve, but turned out to be a BT software issue.
The other was with 02 when the line went down and was fixed within 24 hours. On 02 I was paying £7.50 a month.

Remember that the vast majority of people never contact support at all.

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/
To Infinity
Wats SUP doc.... You using too much.....
Standard User s_yates
(newbie) Tue 07-Jan-14 18:20:11
Print Post

[re: KelvinBridge] [link to this post]

I take it that the Bridge in Kelvinbridge is the one under which the troll lives then?
Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 07-Jan-14 18:25:56
Print Post

[re: mixt] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mixt:
AA FTTC on top, the response would have no way been 4 hours.

So it seems AA provision business grade lines as standard if you take on line rental directly through them. Not unreasonable.

So if a business line it then has a fix SLA from 2 days to under 6 hours depending on the line package.

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/
To Infinity
Wats SUP doc.... You using too much.....
Standard User s_yates
(newbie) Tue 07-Jan-14 18:27:45
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by AndyHCZ:
In reply to a post by s_yates:
and please refrain from intimating I am lying... I find that most offensive.

I am not implying you are lying at all, I just don't think you know how things work. Where have I advocated giving up?

That was a reply to Alext05 which has been resolved now, not pointed at you at all.

In reply to a post by AndyHCZ:
If you have problems with your line that is affecting your broadband, it cannot be a fault in PlusNet's network. The problem with fixing line problems is they can be extremely difficult to pin-point. If you have intermittent noise on the line affecting your connection, it could be that Openreach will say it is not commercially viable to fix or even locate the problem (if they have sent out numerous engineers already).

It might cost thousands of pounds to replace sections the line to your exchange and even then there are no guarantees it will fix things. There could be something like a faulty street light that is causing electrical interference on your connection. There is even a team within Openreach who check for things like this and apparently they have been able to identify faulty domestic electrical appliances that are causing interference on telephone lines/problems with broadband for people in that area.

yes.. after 16 months of this, including this being passed to the REIN team in Openreach and investigated (there is no indication of electricall interference) and also having, as mentioned before, the entire line checked from the exchange up to the master socket in the house, I am completely aware of this.

So, you are saying that there is still an issue with the line?
Standard User KelvinBridge
(learned) Tue 07-Jan-14 18:39:09
Print Post

[re: s_yates] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by s_yates:
I take it that the Bridge in Kelvinbridge is the one under which the troll lives then?

I have no problem quoting people's own words, which are always their responsibility > quote >

'' and given them a lot more latitude than I should have and also been taken in by the "it's all openreach's fault" brigade until the last (11th) engineer visit I had towards the end of last year when they redid the line from the exchange to the house and the problem was still unresolved.''

so with the complete certainty of your assement, of your situation, one has to wonder why you bother to share YOUR martyrdom with us ?

If as you have claimed in various way Plusnet are so ''indefensibly bad '' now you have a New Telephone line won't BT now be the preferred ISP for you ?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 07-Jan-14 18:40:50
Print Post

[re: s_yates] [link to this post]

I think what is being said is that there is a noise issue affecting the line. Often called a line problem, as opposed to a hardware problem or an ISP problem or a congestion problem. REIN engineers do not always find this as it could be anywhere between you and the exchange.

Similarly, a line problem is often construed as meaning a line fault.

The argument seems to have become overheated on both sides in this forum, on a subject where the scope for a misunderstanding is wide. In my view the only sensible way forward for you is a written complaint to the PlusNet Complaints Manager, who although I gave you the page with the address on I admit I didn't know existed until I went looking for the complaints procedure.

I think in your position I would have done that looking and writing earlier, but hindsight is a wonderful thing and stepping back in time is not possible.

Best to get on with it smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User professor973
(experienced) Tue 07-Jan-14 19:39:41
Print Post

[re: headscratcher] [link to this post]

Strange love affair here with Plusnet. As for awards, they will have a job to match Zen. Not all sites so loved up with Plusnet.
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/forumdisplay.php/96-...

Zen Home Talk Plus - Freeola Family Broadband.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png

Edited by professor973 (Tue 07-Jan-14 19:40:12)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to