General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread
ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Wed 08-Jan-14 14:42:38
Print Post

Re: Plusnet untrustworthy

[re: blimsta] [link to this post]

Hi Blim,

Please see my reply here.

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/unhappiness/t/42941...

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email

Edited by chrisparr (Wed 08-Jan-14 14:43:31)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User blimsta
(newbie) Wed 08-Jan-14 15:29:36
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

Engineer did not show, my window over looks the road and I didn't see anything too.

He did today but nothing was booked and I wasn't available frown

I will ring PN before the end of the day.
Standard User blimsta
(newbie) Wed 08-Jan-14 15:34:18
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

@professor973

Wow, I'm closer than you and on fibre (fttc) and I have 3 times your ping. Amazing.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(isp) Wed 08-Jan-14 15:34:51
Print Post

So he turned up on the wrong day, sorry about that. I'll speak to the other Chris that's been dealing with your fault ticket.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User professor973
(experienced) Wed 08-Jan-14 15:50:48
Print Post

As I have said, very happy bunny now. Good speeds, good customer service and in no hurry for fibre.

Zen Home Talk Plus - Freeola Family Broadband.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 08-Jan-14 16:20:28
Print Post

In reply to a post by chrisparr:
So he turned up on the wrong day, sorry about that.
In which case his notes are interesting? He didn't turn up, says he couldn't access the master, (not nobody in), and turns up the next day. Or are the notes for some previous visit?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User blimsta
(newbie) Sat 11-Jan-14 15:12:43
Print Post

The overhead line has been replaced. I didn't think of asking the engineer if he could perform a line reset as interleaving had kicked in.

How long do I need to wait for the line to reset its self?

Thought id just add, the engineer was very friendly and did a tidy job. I was very thankful of his work.
Standard User KelvinBridge
(learned) Sat 11-Jan-14 17:21:26
Print Post

In reply to a post by blimsta:
The overhead line has been replaced. I didn't think of asking the engineer if he could perform a line reset as interleaving had kicked in.

How long do I need to wait for the line to reset its self?

Thought id just add, the engineer was very friendly and did a tidy job. I was very thankful of his work.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Plusnet support pages might be able to help you :>>

........but some people think that they are Untrustworthy ?

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/br...

5. Dynamic Line Management (DLM)

DLM is an automated system that manages the performance of your broadband service.

For 10 days after broadband activation, DLM will test your line to find the best balance between speed and reliability. Speed during this time can vary and your broadband may drop out occasionally (it should return immediately).

After 10 days, small changes in speed can occur (as DLM reacts to changing conditions) but your line speed should remain relatively stable.

In the event of problems (e.g. line errors or frequent disconnections), DLM will reduce your sync to a level that allows for a stable connection. This allows you to continue using your broadband during problems, albeit at a lower connection speed.

Once the problem is fixed, your sync speed should return to normal quickly. When your sync speed returns the IP profile you’ll receive depends on the broadband product:

21CN products: the IP Profile is calculated each time your line syncs
20CN products: the IP Profile will be recalculated after your line is deemed stable (up to 3 days without disconnection)
BT send us reports of profile changes several times a day, so speeds should return to normal once we've updated our system with the new profile (usually within 24 hours).

DLM is the main reason that we advise you to leave your router switched on, as turning it off frequently can cause DLM to think there's a problem and reduce your speed.

Remember: DLM reacts to problems on your line rather than fixing them. If your IP profile or sync speed fluctuate regularly, there may be a line fault or something causing interference.

See our Broadband speed tips guide for help tracking down the problem.

[Top]
(isp) Tue 14-Jan-14 16:38:25
Print Post

How's the connection performing since the dropwire was replaced?

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Standard User blimsta
(newbie) Thu 16-Jan-14 00:56:49
Print Post

Not disconnecting every time the wind blows or it rains is great. I was wondering if we could talk about some sort of refund from when my line was unable to provide me the server I was paying for?

I'm still seeing peering problems to some major gaming servers in NL(ps2) and US (steam). level 3 really are bad, people who used to play in my server from the us would get 80ms ping on a good day. now its 300-600ms ping. I know these guys and I never used to get these problems

This hole peering problem is wellllllll over my head. Don't even bother asking me what I think. It just makes p2p netcode games suck because the game play relies on your ping. But unlike server side netcodes that relies on your ping to a server of your choice. With p2p netcode, Its about your ping to individual connections per player in the game. So every so often a person instagib kills you when that's not meant to happen. Many problems have been manifested without making a list...

Should I blame PN for the peering problems or is it a design fault in most new games today. I say yes and yes but I have exhausted my self doing so.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to