General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 20-Jan-14 18:24:27
Print Post

Re: Plusnet untrustworthy

[re: blimsta] [link to this post]

Is this the kind of stupidity that got you banned from the PlusNet forums?

You have used a lot of sarcasm in your posts.

You clearly haven't a clue what you are on about and it is you talking "bs" as you put it. It's amazing that you have had so many very knowledgeable people as you have trying to explain things to you.

I think it quite possible that one of two things is the problem you have.

Either somewhere on your line or in your home something is screwing up your gaming. It could even be a plasma TV against the adjoining wall of your neighbour. Or an indoor gym machine. Or a faulty Sky box. Or a host of similar things.

You probably don't even realise what you have posted, which amounts to saying ISPs should provide you with a dedicated connection direct to your game host server and/or direct to your friend's router. (Quite how that would fit in with his router being connected to his own ISP is of course only a tiny and easily solved little complication. Quite apart from which there is a fair chance it would make no difference).

What is absolutely obvious is that any chance of getting your gaming issues resolved, if indeed they are resolvable, went out of the window ages ago. Unless you stop being so pig-headed and listen.

For instance, in the last few posts you've thrown in some specific games, though I don't think you have mentioned any particular game servers. Have you ever listed to PlusNet the ones you use, including any that work fine as well as the ones that don't? (Saying which is which, in case that wouldn't occur to you frown).

If you've never been asked, which would be unusual, it won't be from any deliberate omission by PlusNet. It will be because you post such reams of incomprehensible garbage and spite that people can't see the wood for the trees.

Get a grip, and you might get somewhere. Throw clever-dickedness and sarcasm around and you bring about your own doom.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 20-Jan-14 18:30:47
Print Post

Care to link to the posts where I said those exact words?

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User blimsta
(learned) Mon 20-Jan-14 18:31:42
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

How do you guys sleep at night?

I'm not the one deliberately taking what people say out of context.

I have nothing more to say because you are wrong sir.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User blimsta
(learned) Mon 20-Jan-14 18:34:04
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Care to link to the posts where I said those exact words?

You have just told me I cant get the connection I'm asking for along with taking everything I say out of context.

I can play game fine on a 3g connection and my friend is able to play fine on the same exchange?

Sorry who does not understand?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 20-Jan-14 18:34:56
Print Post

Easy read books like this

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User blimsta
(learned) Mon 20-Jan-14 18:37:13
Print Post

I think this is very clear cut.

Same exchange, 3 different ISP's. One cant provide a gaming connection the other two can.

You suggest its to do with Ethernet cables in a data-center?

I don't think its me that doesn't understand.
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Mon 20-Jan-14 18:55:38
Print Post

Same exchange, 3 different ISP's. One cant provide a gaming connection the other two can.

It would be interesting for others who are looking to get a "good gaming ISP" to know who the other two ISPs are that can actually provide a gaming connection that you would like to get from PN? smile

Alastair
plusnet
Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 20-Jan-14 18:58:44
Print Post

In reply to a post by blimsta:
I can play game fine on a 3g connection and my friend is able to play fine on the same exchange?

One cant provide a gaming connection the other two can.

Sorry who does not understand?

So in your connections, there are at several diffrences
ISP.
Line
Distance
Set up.

You seen content that it is the ISP that is at fault. NOT that there are many other factors that you have looked at and done anything about.

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/
To Infinity
Wats SUP doc.... You using too much.....
Standard User blimsta
(learned) Mon 20-Jan-14 18:59:50
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

One of them was a phone connected via usb with a 3g connection from three (http://www.three.co.uk/) the other was BT adsl2+.

That's right, a 3g connection is better than my fibre connection from PN.

Edited by blimsta (Mon 20-Jan-14 19:00:09)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 20-Jan-14 19:02:29
Print Post

Has your connection at this address ever been OK, with any ISP?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to