General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zom22
(regular) Fri 03-Jan-14 09:08:08
Print Post

Re: Plusnet untrustworthy

[re: s_yates] [link to this post]

Look you two:

These days there are complainers about just about everything on the internet and just about anything sold anywhere in any on line review on any site.

The fact is no one cares anymore about what is in percentage terms a very small minority who may have a justified grievance or who may be trolls - who knows.
Most people realise that when selling products in the millions to consumers there are going to be a certain small percentage that go wrong in some way - nothing can be perfect every time. and that endless rants by the few that may indeed have been treated badly does not actually reflect the product's quality at the price its is being offered at.
So no one is really interested in what you think.

If you don't like the service just go somewhere else - the rest of us are quite satisfied and have been in my case since 2008 - its just that most frankly have better things to do with their lives than either post their satisfaction on these forums - or for that matter read them.

Take Ryanair - the complaints and the complainers seeking their 15 minutes of fame on the telly are legion and have been for ages - yet people still fly with them....I'd figure they must be doing something right for the majority - or as Michael O'leary is reputed to have said - we don't like dissatisfied customers - dissatisfied customers can go and fly with someone else.
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Fri 03-Jan-14 10:35:19
Print Post

[re: blimsta] [link to this post]

Have to say your shocking proof of congestion really isn't. That'd be steady loss of throughput not a couple of incidents of it dragging average throughput down or as in the case of the worst one repeated instances of zero throughput.

Those are instances of packet loss, not congestion on peering routes. That they still happen at nearly midnight doesn't point to congestion.

It would also seem pretty strange if you have congestion on most peering routes yet those hundreds of thousands of us who share those routes with you don't see that same congestion, don't you think?
Standard User blimsta
(newbie) Fri 03-Jan-14 12:07:02
Print Post

[re: zom22] [link to this post]

BANNED

"Sorry Blim, you are banned from using this forum!
Personal attacks and posting a PM "

(told the guy he was shallow)

Just before I went to bed last night a forum admin and 2 others started taking the [censored] out of me being dyslexia. I didn't really care that much at the time as they don't understand what that means anyway but then I see I've been banned for calling someone shallow

Plusnet are scum.

Edited by blimsta (Fri 03-Jan-14 12:07:28)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User s_yates
(newbie) Fri 03-Jan-14 12:14:24
Print Post

[re: zom22] [link to this post]

Glad you have a good experience with Plusnet.

I don't and am entitled to post my experiences with their bad customer service and lack of support wherever I like. I am STILL waiting for a response to questions I posted almost a month ago, so no.. it is not good.

and as for your "you can go elsewhere" argument, why should I? I pay Plusnet for a service, Plusnet keep telling everyone that they are the best amongst the ISPs out there, so surely it is not too much to expect them to "Do you Proud"?

You see, if it were not for people that don't stand for it, then they would quite happily do this to you as well.
Standard User alext05
(member) Fri 03-Jan-14 12:43:07
Print Post

I appreciate you have long-standing problems with Plusnet - we all do, from time to time, with various organisations in different fields (banks, housing, utilities companies, builders, ect).

The most constructive and effective (i.e. achieving the desired result) way of dealing with the situation like that is to raise an official complaint in writing and follow it through all necessary stages, as per their policy at http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complai...

I am just curious, if you have done so, and if yes, at what stage it is.
Standard User blimsta
(newbie) Fri 03-Jan-14 12:55:01
Print Post

[re: alext05] [link to this post]

I have not, I have asked here before for help but you are the first person to really be of any help thanks.

I will follow that up.

PS. thinkbroadband have a direct link (network) to PN (which renders the ping test pointless) and the staff here are reluctant in helping me. I just wonder how far this corruption goes.

2.5 billion British pounds of tax payers money for this FTTC. So the hush hush keep the public quiet and get a un-throttled connection isn't going to stand anymore.

So sick of the corporations treating the public like this and paying people to be quiet about it.
Standard User wanapoo
(committed) Fri 03-Jan-14 12:59:29
Print Post

In reply to a post by blimsta:
I have not, I have asked here before for help but you are the first person to really be of any help thanks.

I will follow that up.

PS. thinkbroadband have a direct link (network) to PN (which renders the ping test pointless) and the staff here are reluctant in helping me. I just wonder how far this corruption goes.

2.5 billion British pounds of tax payers money for this FTTC. So the hush hush keep the public quiet and get a un-throttled connection isn't going to stand anymore.

So sick of the corporations treating the public like this and paying people to be quiet about it.

Who Told You Plusnet are un throttled ?

Standard User alext05
(member) Fri 03-Jan-14 13:02:58
Print Post

All the best with your complaint. I am sure this will help to sort any outstanding issues to your satisfaction.
Standard User blimsta
(newbie) Fri 03-Jan-14 13:09:09
Print Post

[re: wanapoo] [link to this post]

Plusnet staff.

So my connection keeps dropping out but my router logs have not stated any WAN disconnections or PPPo sessions ended.

Why can I not just end my contract based on this?
Standard User blimsta
(newbie) Fri 03-Jan-14 13:14:10
Print Post

Let me just add

So my 74/20 FTTC connection has been working great 4am with not a single problem. But in the day time I get errors after errors.

Also I am able to play online games with a 3G connection problem free compared to PN.

What does that read, anyone like to state the obvious or does the dyslexic guy have to do it again (me).
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to