General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | [20] | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User blimsta
(learned) Mon 20-Jan-14 19:08:26
Print Post

Re: Plusnet untrustworthy

[re: JohnR] [link to this post]

I think in the 2+ years I've had this problem most other things have been covered.

Computer being connected direct to the modem rules out firewall or router problems?

A reinstall of windows/Linux and a new PC rules out the PC or OS?

New drop down line, new modems, new cables, new Ethernet card and windows tweaks...

The only thing I haven't tried yet and not sure if it would help is a VPN to try root around the problem if that was the case. Not sure if this would help?
Standard User blimsta
(learned) Mon 20-Jan-14 19:13:25
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Has your connection at this address ever been OK, with any ISP?

Yes, with PN before they went fibre unlimited. I used to only get problems around 10pm-12pm.

The only time my connection works like it did before the above is 4am every night!

My second post says it all:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,1121...

@RobertoS You can say sorry now for calling me pig headed. I think the word you are looking for is frustrated with the lies.

Edited by blimsta (Mon 20-Jan-14 19:21:26)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 20-Jan-14 19:37:00
Print Post

[re: blimsta] [link to this post]

Nobody lies to you here or on the PlusNet Community forums or at PlusNet support.

Saying they do is what is pig-headed and precisely why you are getting nowhere.

I tried to give you advice about your attitude and all you've done is apply the same attitude to me.

I have no intention of reading everything that has been posted on this matter in that forum since that Feb 2013 post. Unless you pay me a consultancy fee on a per-hour basis.

That post is sensible. Most of what I've seen here isn't. The implication of that post is that additional FTTC connections at that cabinet and associated cross-talk could be a factor. I assume that has been proven not to be the case.

Quite simply, if you are so convinced the problem lies with PlusNet, why don't you just move to another ISP? Any sane person would. It's almost as though fighting and (not) winning a battle is what you want. Rather than having a service that works.

Move, and if it works you have every right to rant for the rest of your natural life. Getting everyone ridiculing you isn't going to help solve the problem. It can only shorten that natural life.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 20-Jan-14 19:55:11
Print Post

Is this your problem?
In reply to a post by blimsta:
Lag to servers in EU
If so, what have you done to prove it's not your end?

______________________________________________________________________________________Go_girl!__________________

Edited by BatBoy (Mon 20-Jan-14 19:55:39)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 20-Jan-14 20:31:41
Print Post

Have you checked no-one is leaching onto your connection at bad times? Have you ever changed your wireless password? Are you connecting wired to the router?

Does anyone else in your household use the internet at the same time as you are gaming or downloading? Or do you ever have some other internet activity going at the same time as gaming?

Are you aware that if anything else is running over your connection whilst gaming, then the gaming priority is lost because you have the Pro option?

I repeat my earlier question, have you (officially) told PN the games and servers involved? Very occasionally a game doesn't get listed in their system as being one.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 20-Jan-14 20:36:40
Print Post

He's been pointing to the same old thread on the Plusnet forum, but that doesn't say what the problem is, other than it seems he has had a problem with disconnections for over a year that has only just been cured by Openreach fitting a new drop wire. I don't know if DLM has had sufficient time yet to recover from the fault?

______________________________________________________________________________________Go_girl!__________________
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-Jan-14 10:05:37
Print Post

Everyone here is trying to help to the best they can with the information available. Even down to advising that maybe Plusnet is not the best ISP for you.

Are you able to list the games you are having an issue with. Do those games all have central servers or is one of the group you are playing with hosting the server?

If someone else is hosting the server it may be their own upstream connection causing issues. Also, the fact you are on the same exchange is irrelevant as all of the traffic will flow to the ISPs own network and then drop out at a central pipe somewhere and then from there will traverse to the central pipe of the other ISP to then travel back through their network to the exchange. There will be no direct connections within exchanges between ISPs (at least that I know of).

And if dropping out to a 3G network then the route could be even more painful.

If these are big popular games then Plusnet may be able to do something. But, if this is a peering link issue with a game that is in low use then it would potentially not be worth Plusnet's resources to change their network to support the game (as has been said, you don't pay enough to them for that level of service and it is unreasonable to expect it for the peanuts that UK people generally pay for their Internet connections).

If you want that level of service then you may do better with someone like AAISP who put more resource into this sort of thing, but they also charge more in most cases.
Standard User KelvinBridge
(learned) Tue 21-Jan-14 17:39:04
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Is this the kind of stupidity that got you banned from the PlusNet forums?

You have used a lot of sarcasm in your posts.

You clearly haven't a clue what you are on about and it is you talking "bs" as you put it. It's amazing that you have had so many very knowledgeable people as you have trying to explain things to you.

I think it quite possible that one of two things is the problem you have.

Either somewhere on your line or in your home something is screwing up your gaming. It could even be a plasma TV against the adjoining wall of your neighbour. Or an indoor gym machine. Or a faulty Sky box. Or a host of similar things.

You probably don't even realise what you have posted, which amounts to saying ISPs should provide you with a dedicated connection direct to your game host server and/or direct to your friend's router. (Quite how that would fit in with his router being connected to his own ISP is of course only a tiny and easily solved little complication. Quite apart from which there is a fair chance it would make no difference).

What is absolutely obvious is that any chance of getting your gaming issues resolved, if indeed they are resolvable, went out of the window ages ago. Unless you stop being so pig-headed and listen.

For instance, in the last few posts you've thrown in some specific games, though I don't think you have mentioned any particular game servers. Have you ever listed to PlusNet the ones you use, including any that work fine as well as the ones that don't? (Saying which is which, in case that wouldn't occur to you frown).

If you've never been asked, which would be unusual, it won't be from any deliberate omission by PlusNet. It will be because you post such reams of incomprehensible garbage and spite that people can't see the wood for the trees.

Get a grip, and you might get somewhere. Throw clever-dickedness and sarcasm around and you bring about your own doom.

*******************************************************************************************

I'm looking forward to the Book coming out, and then the Film , but who would play the central charactor........ John Malkovich or Anthony Hopkins or even Gary Oldman ???

.....it's a bit like 'Forbidden Planet' meets 'One lives in the cuckoos nest '' or was it flew over ?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 21-Jan-14 19:45:28
Print Post

Re: Plusnet untrustworthy *DELETED*

[re: KelvinBridge] [link to this post]

Post deleted by RobertoS
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 21-Jan-14 20:31:12
Print Post

Re: Plusnet trustworthy

Canopies.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | [20] | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to