General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User blimsta
(newbie) Fri 03-Jan-14 15:32:23
Print Post

Re: Plusnet untrustworthy

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

I am frantically looking for it and will not only watch that 3 hour court case again but also post it up here.

For now thou here is a post I had a year ago when things started to get out of hand with PN, because they used to be very good.

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,1121...

Still on going.
Standard User wanapoo
(committed) Fri 03-Jan-14 16:16:22
Print Post

[re: blimsta] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by blimsta:
I am frantically looking for it and will not only watch that 3 hour court case again but also post it up here.

For now thou here is a post I had a year ago when things started to get out of hand with PN, because they used to be very good.

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,1121...

Still on going.

@Blimsta

Your other post on Thinkbroadband said you were using P2P games/software, and it was fine in the early morning. you had no loss of sync or ppp, but you were suffering from p2p game latency and disconnection problems.

The link you just posted says you were on the pro package about a year ago, when you didnt have the problems. Are you still on the Pro package or was it removed when you switched to fibre ?

Standard User WWWombat
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 03-Jan-14 16:25:55
Print Post

and as I stated already as staff you are reluctant in being any help. What is your mentality anyway!

As staff of what?

I post on TBB's forum, and I post on PN's forum. I'm not staff of TBB, and I'm not staff of PN. I post to help, or to seek help.

I am technically knowledgeable on a subset of telecoms matters, but certainly don't know anywhere near everything. And I'm perfectly OK with offering help where I think my knowledge of the technology can help.

My mentality is to offer help, but only where it is going to be listened to. In fact, the only motivation there is to post on either site is to either post to learn something or to post to help someone.

I'm not out to get you. No paranoia is needed in my direction.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Fri 03-Jan-14 16:27:13
Print Post

You evidently take this seriously given you paid 60 quid for a network card!

That thread became a confused mess. Not great to have something dragging on for so long. Prior to FTTC I had a fault that Plusnet couldn't resolve despite their best efforts.
Standard User blimsta
(newbie) Fri 03-Jan-14 16:50:53
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

This is quite a mess yes. Too many thing going wrong but no action

Just now I have noticed 20-30 seconds of time out (dc from game too) just as we get a gust of wind. This has happen before and I have told PN this time and time again.

I was on the phone to PN support via VoIP and every time I hear the wind outside the call became distorted. Over head cable is like 50 + years old and I live on the coast, wind speeds do pick up.

That's one problem and from what I can understand signal problems don't affect latency directly only if interleaving is applied?

Personally I would like to move away and use a LLU or my local cable provider again.

@wanapoo

according to PN the Pro add-on would have no affect on my gaming with the fibre unlimited and P2P traffic.

Edited by blimsta (Fri 03-Jan-14 17:07:17)

ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Fri 03-Jan-14 17:34:49
Print Post

Just now I have noticed 20-30 seconds of time out (dc from game too) just as we get a gust of wind. This has happen before and I have told PN this time and time again.

Sorry if I've missed this, but I can't find reference to this, can you let me know where this was?

I understand we've got an engineer booked to visit you, however if this is a fault on the phone side of the line (which it sounds like it is) then a broadband engineer may not be able to locate the source.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Fri 03-Jan-14 19:45:14
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

however if this is a fault on the phone side of the line (which it sounds like it is) then a broadband engineer may not be able to locate the source.

That's an odd statement Chris ? There are no broadband trained Openreach engineers who cannot perform tests on the pair. Some don't have underground skills, though most do, and if required can get a UG skilled engineer to assist. Every single man Jack of 'em will have overhead skills, which is where this guy *believes* his fault lies.

Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 03-Jan-14 20:08:38
Print Post

I was on the phone to PN support via VoIP and every time I hear the wind outside the call became distorted. Over head cable is like 50 + years old and I live on the coast, wind speeds do pick up.

Can I ask something.
Why do you use Voip? Why are you not using the std phone?

Does you std phone line drop out as well at the same time?

If it does why are you not raising a voice line fault with Whoever provides that side of the service.

From what you said it does sound like a issue with a connection in one of the boxes. But it would be far better to be raised as a voice fault, than as a broadband fault.

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/
To Infinity
Wats SUP doc.... You using too much.....
Standard User dualbroadband
(newbie) Fri 03-Jan-14 20:56:32
Print Post

Re: Plusnet untrustworthy *DELETED*

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

Post deleted by Sadoldman
Standard User greyposter
(knowledge is power) Fri 03-Jan-14 23:04:39
Print Post

[re: dualbroadband] [link to this post]

Coals to Newcastle.

In wine there is wisdom,In beer there is freedom,In water there is bacteria
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to