General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User blimsta
(newbie) Sat 04-Jan-14 21:29:03
Print Post

Re: Plusnet untrustworthy

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

What do you suggest then?

My goal is to get the time out fixed while maintaining my agreement of a fast stable connection for gaming.

Edited by blimsta (Sat 04-Jan-14 21:50:42)

Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Sat 04-Jan-14 22:01:04
Print Post

[re: blimsta] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by blimsta:
Plusnet are sending a engineer round to fix a line fault that he will not be able to fix because is isn't a line engineer. That's the low down. No confusion, just you two.

A 'regular' engineer HAS to attend before a special faults investigation engineer can attend. Openreach will reject SFI orders unless a standard engineer has attended.

That said any engineer will be fine for a simple fault but this is the process.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 04-Jan-14 22:13:38
Print Post

In reply to a post by blimsta:
while maintaining my agreement of a fast stable connection for gaming
What 'agreement of a fast stable connection for gaming'? Do you have some special T&Cs? The best the rest of us have is best endeavours in view of the technology employed and the price paid for a residential product.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User blimsta
(newbie) Sat 04-Jan-14 23:48:32
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I think gaming comes under PN contract but when I singed up I did ask about it and was told it was fine. All I'm worried about is interleaving rather than getting the problem fix but I'll just have to wait and see. No point in jumping the gun.

WWWombat suggest the latency could be coursed by noise "packet-by-packet basis". So if the overhead line being replaced does fix the problem then I guess I owe Plusnet an apology.
Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 05-Jan-14 09:45:02
Print Post

Can I ask something.
Why do you use Voip? Why are you not using the std phone?

Does you std phone line drop out as well at the same time?

Can you answer this question?

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/
To Infinity
Wats SUP doc.... You using too much.....
Standard User blimsta
(newbie) Sun 05-Jan-14 13:34:31
Print Post

[re: JohnR] [link to this post]

I don't own a phone other than a old bt adsl+2 hub2 + cordless phone built in.

I used skype because It's easy.
Standard User s_yates
(newbie) Sun 05-Jan-14 14:05:08
Print Post

Plunet do make a big noise about how they are the best ISP for gamers.

I hope that it is your line that is the cause of your problems, since over the past two years Openreach have replaced my master socket, the actual line from my house to the first junction box (twice) and rebuilt the line from unused pairs all the way from the exchange to my house, checking at each junction point that the line is good.

And I still have horrendous latency and a bad connection at peak times (6pm to 11pm), which I am beginning to doubt is the fault of BTOR as I am constantly told.

@Ignitionnet - "A 'regular' engineer HAS to attend before a special faults investigation engineer can attend. Openreach will reject SFI orders unless a standard engineer has attended. " Is this true? I've had 10 engineer visits and they have all been from the same 4 local BTOR engineers (In no particular order), Does this mean I have not had an SFI Engineer in attendance? (which would be rather strange as BTOR have issued Plusnet with a deadlock).
Standard User AndyHCZ
(newbie) Sun 05-Jan-14 16:28:37
Print Post

[re: s_yates] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by s_yates:
Plunet do make a big noise about how they are the best ISP for gamers.

Where do they do this?
Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 05-Jan-14 17:25:29
Print Post

Shame. As it would be interesting to know how it acts.

Can you not beg or borrow one and try a quiet line test ? or to see how it is when you have internet issues.

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/
To Infinity
Wats SUP doc.... You using too much.....
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 05-Jan-14 17:34:48
Print Post

[re: JohnR] [link to this post]

£5-£6 from places like ASDA. The Phone Book says to try such in the test socket before reporting a fault.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to