General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User cbits
(newbie) Thu 10-Jul-14 17:22:08
Print Post

Re: Have 123visp gone Bust?

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I don't think this guy worries about Ofcom, he's already told us "that he doesn't have to issue MACs as it's a business to business situation". That could be stretched to most of our users who are "in business".
We have talked to Ofcom several times in the last week or so and frankly they are not interested, we can't complain we are not "the consumer", we can make a "competition complaint", but what about? not answering the Phone, only replying to emails and support tickets when it suits them?. Not issuing MAC codes?
Jonathon Evans and 123visp and Internet Services (EU) don't bother with legal niceties as I have discovered in the last few days.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 10-Jul-14 17:26:44
Print Post

[re: cbits] [link to this post]

It's also rot, as migration frequently cannot take place without a MAC.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User cbits
(newbie) Thu 10-Jul-14 18:31:08
Print Post

Thanks Kelly I've sent you a list of those on Plusnet..
Roberto apologies for being dense; What is it that is rot ? (123visp.co.uk?? confused)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 10-Jul-14 18:34:45
Print Post

"that he doesn't have to issue MACs as it's a business to business situation" smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User cbits
(newbie) Fri 11-Jul-14 09:35:53
Print Post

Good Morning, during yesterday afternoon, 123visp / internet services.eu disconnected all our users on their system, in the midst of this and under duress we made the payment required to them in cleared funds on the assurance that connections would be turned on.
What has happened it seems is that the basic synch has come on but no connection, the first line we have tested using our router, will not log us into the BT test page, nor synch to 123visps radius.
I have no doubt this is a deliberate disconnection by 123visp, but we are faced with going through the farce of creating tickets, then answering pointless questions about the router and the firmware version, line tests and suchlike, hang on Jonathon Evans these were working fine until you turned them off yesterday...
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 11-Jul-14 12:47:04
Print Post

Or the underlying ISPs did, for non-payment by 123vISP. Only, I wouldn't expect them all to do it on the same day.

Standard User cbits
(newbie) Fri 11-Jul-14 13:10:23
Print Post

In fact my initial statement that all the involved users went offline seems to be wrong, all our users via BT went off, plus one on Tiscali (but this happened a day earlier and may be other problems), and one Plusnet (who is back on and could also be other reasons.)
Suggests to us that Jonathan Evans perhaps has problems with Plusnet & Tiscali control panels??

Still No MACs....
Standard User cbits
(newbie) Sat 12-Jul-14 11:48:15
Print Post

Well overnight we got ticket replies saying all our BT users are back connected and in fairness most seem to be and we are re-reporting those who are not. However we still have no reply to our outstanding MAC request...
Standard User cbits
(newbie) Sat 12-Jul-14 15:38:04
Print Post

Now we are going through the farce of saying "referred to telco" anyone believe it takes BT two days to turn connections back on?.
Standard User cbits
(newbie) Thu 17-Jul-14 08:55:59
Print Post

The farce continues...
Well were now over a week in - we have 4 users not connected for over a week and 123visp answer ticket responses with a bluntness that covers their deceit. They say "BT arranging SFI", then "User is connected login incorrect" we report still no connection, they respond "BT advised" then later "user is connected" (they're not!) Then "BT advised" an so it goes on, despite 4 users being out 6 days no sign of any BT engineers??

Now Virgil Turners internetservices.eu comes in to play, we have a number of MAC requests ostensibly "accepted" by 123visp so we get a response from [email protected], the oldest of which is now 75 hours ago, no MAC's (anyone surprised??)
A request to chase gets a blunt "we are will advise" .
The galling thing about this is that BT and Plusnet are quite happy to allow these people to be resellers whilst they are blackening the reputations of BT & Plusnet and suggesting they cannot maintain services or provide legally required MAC's.

My feeling is that the fault lies with companies such as BT and Plusnet for allowing rogue operators such ar 123Visp and Internet Services EU to operate within their umbrella, but flaunt the contractual and ethical terms they mutually agreed.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to