General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sat 12-Dec-15 13:13:14
Print Post

Re: Time for a change

[re: corsa57] [link to this post]

So have AAISP sorted out your connection problem?
Standard User corsa57
(newbie) Sat 12-Dec-15 13:15:34
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

No, so far they have not, but I am happy to give them more time to try and resolve the problem.
Standard User ajdroberts
(newbie) Sat 12-Dec-15 13:22:39
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

RobertoS - if only!!

With speeds of just 0.8/0.08mbps, though the line is able to handle 4x more than that when working properly, which is rarely, your size of download is a pipe-dream. What's strange is that Plusnet has felt for two months that this situation is acceptable. Though if you look at the TrustPilot reviews on their own website my issue with them is commonplace.

No, my requirement is firstly for an ISP whose fault analysis equipment can help Openreach engineers get my EO line sorted. The problem is that my line is so 'shakey' that, as soon as an Openreach engineer fixes a fault on the phone and/or BB, there is another fault only hours, at most days, later.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 12-Dec-15 13:22:50
Print Post

[re: corsa57] [link to this post]

Have you told them this:-
All details are not an exact match as Plusnet use an automated address finder it will not accept that I have no street name and fill in the blank line with the name of the village again. I got an email from Plusnet confirming I was leaving for telephone services and saying as yet they had not been informed about my leaving for broadband.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 12-Dec-15 13:24:49
Print Post

[re: ajdroberts] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ajdroberts:
Basic consumer rights apply - 'fit for purpose' and all that.
No, they don't. 'Fit for the purpose' only applies to goods. Telecoms provision is a service and there is no requirement for a service to be 'fit for the purpose'.

That doesn't mean you don't have a case but services are only provided on a 'best efforts' basis. There have been some changes proposed that would tighten things up a bit but basically the very nature of services often means that the provider has to be given some leeway. If that were not the case a lot of services would either be more expensive or simply wouldn't be offered.

One example is a solicitor. If you engage their services to defend you in court and you lose you have no legal right to demand your money back unless you can demonstrate incompetence. If you pay me to move a grand piano to the summit of Mt Everest and I only get to the bottom of the Hillary Step it's unlikely you would be able to claim a refund. Most courts would consider getting it that far to be 'reasonable skill and effort'.

You absolutely should complain and try and pursue this but I think you'd be wise to be more aware of your rights and legal position. Charging in with all guns blazing is not the best approach.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Edited by Andrue (Sat 12-Dec-15 13:32:44)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 12-Dec-15 13:25:29
Print Post

[re: ajdroberts] [link to this post]

Then give AAISP a run. I assume you've seen this page?

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Standard User ajdroberts
(learned) Sat 12-Dec-15 13:43:11
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Andrue:
No, they don't. 'Fit for the purpose' only applies to goods. Telecoms provision is a service and there is no requirement for a service to be 'fit for the purpose'. Charging in with all guns blazing is not the best approach.

Yes, agree absolutely but as from October 1st ........

The Consumer Rights Act 2015 stands alongside Regulations to create a greatly simplified body of consumer law. Taken together, they set out the basic rules which govern how consumers buy and businesses sell to them in the UK.

There are now new, clear rules for what should happen if a service is not provided with reasonable care and skill or as agreed. For example, the business that provided the service must bring it into line with what was agreed with the customer or, if this is not practical, must give some money back.
Standard User wingco1
(legend) Sat 12-Dec-15 14:01:09
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Is this quote still valid, from the page you linked to?
If we have not fixed your fault after a month but you do not requested a migration code (within a further week) then the service continues on the normal terms.
Misleading info re the MAC?

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 12-Dec-15 15:19:52
Print Post

Re: Time for a change *DELETED*

[re: wingco1] [link to this post]

Post deleted by RobertoS
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 12-Dec-15 15:26:55
Print Post

[re: wingco1] [link to this post]

Are you reading a cached page? On the page I linked to I see
If you are migrating your service to us, even though you know you have a problem with your broadband line, we'll take on the fault. We'll tackle the problem and get it fixed within one month. If we don't then you can migrate away and owe us nothing for your migration to us and your service charges for that month.
On the preceding page to that I see
If you are migrating your service to us, even though you know you have a problem with your line, we'll take on the fault. We'll tackle the problem and get it fixed within one month. If we don't then you can migrate away and owe us nothing for your migration to us and your service charges for that month. Details. (Links to the page I gave)

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to