General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Jan-16 01:27:45
Print Post

Re: Vivaciti unfairly suspended my internet (story inside)

[re: Bastien] [link to this post]

Just had a look at way-back page, 2013 , those packages where I'm sure BE wholesale LLU SMPF Be no longer exist, So the supplier will have changed since then, but who to , TT wholesale or BT ???? Did you never get any e-mails saying that your service was changing ?

Edited by tommy45 (Wed 20-Jan-16 01:31:02)

Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 20-Jan-16 07:32:09
Print Post

[re: nemeth782] [link to this post]

Have a look at Vivaciti on the Companies House website.
Company have been dissolved and the T/A company, as mentioned in the current Vivaciti T&C "ADSL for you" is not listed.....

Steve
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 20-Jan-16 07:53:50
Print Post

[re: blfamily] [link to this post]

VIVACITI LIMITED
07528120 - Dissolved on 22 July 2014

VIVACITI (UK) LTD
08262598 - Dissolved on 6 May 2014
ADSL For You is a trading name of Vivaciti. "Vivaciti Broadband" means Vivaciti, K Prust T/A whose address is...

Edited by BatBoy (Wed 20-Jan-16 07:56:34)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 20-Jan-16 10:10:33
Print Post

[re: blfamily] [link to this post]

"ADSL for you" is not a Limited Company, so wouldn't be listed.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 20-Jan-16 10:40:51
Print Post

I'm going through a similar issue currently with another provider, they wanted me to pay up 9 months service, then pay to have a new line installed at my new address and then agree to a new contract...

As the charges would end up being around the £250 mark before even starting I decided to just cease the existing service and opt for another ISP...

I currently have an outstanding bill with my old provider and so far have only paid them up to the point where the line was disconnected...

I will be offering the ISP to pay the charges which they incurred such as wholesale fee's but currently they want me to pay full price as if they where providing the service and to me that is unfair.

This all started as at the time I was planning to order there service I asked them about home moves and even what the prices would be in certain circumstances such as needing a new line or migrating lines, they told me all the costs but didn't make clear that I would have to also pay early termination charges on top of this.

I think I will be contacting the CEO with regards to this as when I've spoke to there billing/sales team about it I've just got a very rude type parrot constantly saying "you agreed to the terms" over and over again...

May I point out this is one of the smaller ISP's that is supposed to be great for customer service... this wasn't the case... hence my return to the chicken coupe "big ISP's" where I know I'll get [censored] customer service.

So my suggestion would be too email the CEO directly and explain the mis-communications and ask for the charges to be reduced or if you can pay them off in instalments and also get your service reinstated by paying them for your broadband.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Jan-16 11:29:27
Print Post

Debt collection agency is disgusting.

I would reply along the lines of (if it was me)

"1. I was not made aware of any charges as the ISP did not detail them at any stage. Therefore it created billshock when the ISP attempted to take this amount of money. This caused me substantial distress, and despite best efforts to contact the ISP multiple times, they refused to take the charges off my next bill. This resulted in me having no option but to terminate the direct debit payment, as I simply could not afford to make this payment. Further, this payment was never agreed by me. If these charges had been made clear to me, I would have been unwilling and financially unable to accept them and would have moved ISP.

2. I signed up to a 1 month rolling contract, at no point did I receive information that this was a 12 month contract, nor did the ISP verbally or formally agree this with me, yet the ISP now claims I am locked into a 12 month contract. Customer services refuse to amend this, despite again this being their mistake.

3. If my details are passed onto a debt collection agency, which also reports negatively to a credit reference agency, this may impact my ability to get future finance such as a loan, credit card, mobile phone contract. I would seek damages related to any negative information provided to my credit report, including financial, emotional and business related damages. If I was planning an extension of my house, or buying a new car, I would make the ISP aware of this and make them aware of the negative impact they may have on my life, as a result of their negligence.

4. I would write into the ISP, using royal mail special delivery, requesting that the ISP allows me to move to an alternative provider free of charge and waivers the fees. I would make it clear that I have no option but to request this, as the ISP has emailed me, refusing to do business with me, has terminated my services entirely and has unfairly and without my agreement began a cease of my line. As such, there is no opportunity to resolve this amicably despite me trying multiple times. At this stage, the only resolution

5. Termination of the line only a few days after a disputed charge is highlighted is poor practice and frankly disgusting behaviour.

I would provide 7 days to respond, at which stage I would send a letter again recorded requesting a deadlock, detailing in basic terms what has happened.

I would continue with this, until the ISP allowed termination free of charge and until I could see a clean credit record. I would go down ADR if this did not get resolved to my satisfaction.

Meanwhile I would sign up to another ISP. Every single one will be better than this (all the major ones), so instead of being ripped off by this shambles of an organisation - get down to BT, Sky, TalkTalk etc, where they follow the rules. I would explain to the ISP I had no choice but to sign up elsewhere, as being without any internet, along with the information from the ISP that they were ceasing my line, left me no option but to go elsewhere. I would have been happy to have paid what I owed. Hence, no disconnection fees should be billed.

That would be my course of action.

Good luck. You did nothing wrong in my view.
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 20-Jan-16 12:34:52
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I agree with tractorman to a certain extent.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User Bastien
(learned) Wed 20-Jan-16 20:35:13
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:
I'm going through a similar issue currently [...]
Thanks for sharing. Might I ask which company is it? Just so that I can avoid it.
Standard User Bastien
(learned) Wed 20-Jan-16 20:47:34
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
[...] Did you never get any e-mails saying that your service was changing ?
There were emails which notify me of changes in their technical infrastructure, but they are no mention whatsoever of changes to my plan or contract. I understand them as merely changes in my router settings.

So just for your information, there was an email from Feb 2014 which says:
Dear redacted

With reference to your current service with us, please be aware that we are making a change to our network.

There is no change to the package you are currently on and this will continue to be an unlimited package with no restrictions.

The new product name will be called LLU Unlimited

On the day of change over at some point throughout the day you will lose internet service, this down time is normaly for no more than around 20 minutes (on average it is about 5 minutes)

You will need to log into your router and change the username and password to that set below, the expected date this will happen to your service will be on 2014-02-20

Your ADSL Username is: redacted

Your ADSL Password is: redacted

The only other changes will be to your IP address as all services will have a new IP address alocated, and unfortunatly IPv6 will not work on the new network for the time being.

If you have any further questions, or if you currently have multiple routed IPs then please let us know.

And another one which says:
Dear Dear redacted,,

We are contacting you with regards to some changes we are making to our network and provision of service, this has been brought on mainly due to stability issues with our current upstream provider, with service outages becoming more frequent plus some strain on their network leading to other service issues.

As a small company it is important to us to provide the best possible service we can, we know there are larger players out there all trying to gain more business and for a smaller company it is imperative that when we see any issues that could have a detrimental effect on our customers and the service we provide. It is important we take steps to improve the situation and to maintain the high level of service that our customers expect from us, with this in mind it is our plan to make some fundamental changes to the service we provide.

With effect from the date below we will be making network changes that will cause a small drop in service (expected outage should be no more than 10 minutes) when this outage occurs you will need to log into your router and change your user name and password (also provided below) this change is only for your router login details and not for any portal or control panel.

We are aware that a change similar to this was made when the O2 Wholesale network closed down and some assurances were made that there would be no further changes, but due to the service issues we are seeing it is now with regret unavoidable.

Also as part of this change you will receive a new IP address, a single static will be delivered by default, if you require a routed range please let us know by return so that it can be arranged and you will be notified of the range in advance.

Username: redacted

Password: redacted

Date network change is due to complete is 30th June 2014

Of course if you have any questions or concerns please let us know.

That's it.
Standard User Bastien
(learned) Wed 20-Jan-16 20:50:54
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
[...]
Good luck. You did nothing wrong in my view.
Thanks for your detailed response. These has helped me a lot in sorting out my thinking during a stressful moment. Many thanks.
Pages in this thread: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to