General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sat 16-Jan-16 23:24:45
Print Post

Re: Vivaciti unfairly suspended my internet (story inside)

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Loosing by the way is what you do when you slacken off or release some sort of tie.

Is what i was replying to you loosen your tie or you were loosening your tie,

And yes as you have pointed out i should of put losing and not loosing

losen definition

Edited by tommy45 (Sat 16-Jan-16 23:28:06)

Standard User Bastien
(newbie) Sat 16-Jan-16 23:32:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
However earlier you did say you had seen the FAQs but the two clauses didn't seem to be related. Thin ice there.

The paragraph on moving explains a technical process with no mention of fees.

The other one mentions fees for some unrelated items when you quit, none of them is about moving.

It is not a puzzle piece. I am not here to solve a puzzle. If it didn't mention fees about moving, it didn't mention fees about moving.

And on top of that, my conclusion came from the combination of this, plus the not-mentioning-fee in emails, to have led to believe no fees exists, just like you have no reason to believe the existence of a pink unicorn that I did not mention at any point.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 17-Jan-16 00:18:18
Print Post

[re: Bastien] [link to this post]

I'm sorry you've chosen to be quite so aggressive and rude, when all I've been trying to do is help by making suggestions for resolution in the quickest way, that could also have re-established goodwill between you and them and perhaps allowed a compromise.

If your communications have been just as combative towards them then no wonder you are stuck.

I'll leave you in peace to find your own way. But just not paying anything until they cancel what you claim are unfair charges could mess up your credit rating for years. With you possibly still having to pay most of what they say.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Bastien
(newbie) Sun 17-Jan-16 00:45:55
Print Post

I find it strange that a pink unicorn can be considered aggressive and rude. I was just explaining my stance. I was typing in a calm tone. Sorry you are reading it in a rude voice. Thanks for your suggestions. I have already asked to pay for the monthly fees, but I have not got any reply from them, and I don't think I can just force money into their pocket unless they say it is okay to do so. Also I don't have their bank details.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 17-Jan-16 01:10:17
Print Post

I also suggested offering to start paying instalments on the other charges while negotiating. If I had a customer refusing to pay the one-off charges but agreeing to pay the ongoing ones, I would be worried about ever getting any of what I claimed.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Sun 17-Jan-16 10:11:48
Print Post

As a fee of £8 was mentioned you would be quite justified in thinking that was the total fee - I'd suggest you should be offering to pay that as well.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User nemeth782
(member) Sun 17-Jan-16 15:44:03
Print Post

Overall, I'd say that Vivaciti are a bit screwed here.

They have breached OFCOM rules by blocking the migration. They can argue that you owe them £126 or whatever, but that's irrelevant now.

At this point you just press for a deadlock letter and take them to ADR, and no matter what happens this costs them ~£350, which is more than double the tiny amount they are quibbling over.

If it goes in your favor, the ADR provider are likely to take a dim view of the migration blocking and force them to credit the £126 and pay any costs of yours.

I personally would be ordering a new line right now so as not to be without broadband, refusing to pay Vivaciti, and then pushing it to ADR after the £126 refunded, and any costs from getting a new line installed rather than a migration reimbursed.

Small cowboy ISPs not playing by the rules is annoying. They had the moral high ground until they blocked your migration.
Standard User nemeth782
(member) Sun 17-Jan-16 15:47:05
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by vivaciti:
The service at the OPs last address was 12 months (although he was out of his 12 month contract when he moved home) and the new service was also 12 months.
Broadband Activation costs us £40.00 + VAT and that's what we charge it out at we do not make any profit on this.

Are you actually serious? You are an ISP representative, this is a public forum, and you are posting personal details of their service, that they have not themselves posted. This is a clear breach of data protection rules, you've just told us how long his contract is, that he was outside it when he moved, etc, this is not what you should be doing.

OP, take them to ADR and hammer them. While you are at it report them to the information commissioner for posting details of your service without consent. Vivaciti appears to be a sole trader so he's personally liable, for potentially a massive fine for what is a willful breach of data protection legislation.

Edited by nemeth782 (Sun 17-Jan-16 15:49:59)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 17-Jan-16 17:56:52
Print Post

[re: nemeth782] [link to this post]

How is it posting personal information when we have no idea who the OP is?

Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 17-Jan-16 21:59:33
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Should HAVE put not should OF put.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to