General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Mon 18-Jan-16 18:49:42
Print Post

Re: Vivaciti unfairly suspended my internet (story inside)

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
Hoping to see vivaciti do the right thing and waiver the charges, given all of the inconvenience they have caused you by suspending your service and not making the charges clear.
Lol they will most probably charge for the bb to be re activated too assuming that the op chooses to stay with Vivaciti , all depends on how long they are prepared to be without internet for i suppose,

Edited by tommy45 (Mon 18-Jan-16 18:55:45)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 18-Jan-16 18:50:11
Print Post

[re: Bastien] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
With luck you will hear from them later today as well. They say tech support 24/7, but this isn't a tech problem.

Did you just stop the one d/d, or did you cancel it completely? If the former that helps. If the latter, ugh!
Apart from what the vivaciti poster here has said, have you received anything today about the offer you made a couple of times over the weekend? And what did you do re the direct debit, as I asked?

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User Bastien
(learned) Mon 18-Jan-16 19:22:31
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Apart from what the vivaciti poster here has said, have you received anything today about the offer you made a couple of times over the weekend? And what did you do re the direct debit, as I asked?

I cancelled the direct debit, the whole thing, because apparently you cannot cancel one payment, when I tried to do it I was ringing the bank to stop the payment, but they just cancelled it anyway. I did not even know you can cancel single payments.

So back to today, after several exchanged emails today suddenly they sent me this:

OK, we will terminate your service and telephone line, as you have not paid for this at all and you do not believe you have to pay.

You will need to make arrangements with another supplier for the installation of a new phone line and broadband (you will not be able to re-start the line we are terminating)

Then I replied:
That is not correct, I believed I had to pay only the monthly fees, I even offered to pay the monthly fees, that was not even part of the dispute.

But will you charge me for this termination? Is there any cost involved? And what amount? Please make this clear. Are there anything, whatever item it is, that I have to pay from this point onward?

Are you waiving all the fees? Are you terminating the contract? Or are you adding more items on top of the amount?

Can you send me a confirmation of exactly what you are doing to my account and the amount I owe?

I am not sure what they mean exactly, and what my rights are in this scenario, and are they going to just send me a bill afterwards including everything plus new charges. I am hoping they can clarify.

I am guessing this is development, but I don't know if this is the good or bad kind.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 18-Jan-16 19:30:34
Print Post

This is boring and getting nowhere. just ignore them and their bills.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 18-Jan-16 19:45:27
Print Post

So did they make offers you refused? To end up with that complete disconnection surely they must have done. Otherwise there would not have been several exchanged emails.

Emails are working now?

You said earlier that they had said they thought the line reactivation would be £8. Weren't you even willing to pay that?

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User Skilty
(member) Mon 18-Jan-16 20:09:45
Print Post

Well if you can't use the line you are terminating then BT normally charge £130, unless you take their calls and broadband package.

Not sure about other suppliers costs. Also there is no mention of the costs already incurred for your house move. So you could end up paying for the Vivaciti install and another install by another provider.

plusnet Fibre > Sky Fibre Pro > Pulse8 Fibre XL - 14ms Ping, Sync ~ 65.78/18.73Mbps - BQM
Standard User partial
(experienced) Mon 18-Jan-16 21:12:33
Print Post

The last thing Vivaciti will want you to do is go to his ADR as this will cost him more than what you owe even if he wins.

Sign up with another supplier, preferably one with free reconnection and assess your options as to whether any costs can be reclaimed from Vivaciti.

One thing is for sure, you ain't gonna be getting any service from Vivaciti anymore and he would be extremely foolish to be going to ADR obstructing any reconnection of your line via another supplier.

Edited by partial (Mon 18-Jan-16 21:14:49)

Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 19-Jan-16 09:16:34
Print Post

[re: nemeth782] [link to this post]

If anyone posts anything on the WWW then there is the possibility that information can be gleaned and details obtained.

The OP posted first so they themselves have divulged details.

You can't have it both ways.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 19-Jan-16 09:27:45
Print Post

Unfortunately this is getting silly.

Can't you call the ISP and sort it out over the phone or is the only way via a ticketing system.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User tracktorman2
(newbie) Tue 19-Jan-16 13:43:05
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

I guess that's the best way to get around paying your bills by going to ADR.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to