General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tracktorman2
(newbie) Tue 19-Jan-16 14:51:33
Print Post

Re: Vivaciti unfairly suspended my internet (story inside)

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Is that still the same if there have been no payments at all for a new service? I mean if they have something new installed and then don't pay for anything can they still have access to the broadband to move it away. I thought the sale of goods (or whatever its called now) says that title does not pass to you until you pay for it
(newbie) Tue 19-Jan-16 14:54:52
Print Post

[re: Tazz_uk] [link to this post]

Really? even BT put me on a new contract when I moved even though I had already finished the last contract.
(newbie) Tue 19-Jan-16 15:07:22
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Why should a company waiver their charges, is this not how they make money (or as it seems here cover their costs) because someone did not read the terms or product descriptions or emails. Why is it nowadays that people seem to think they should get everything for nothing and never have to pay for things and if they make enough fuss they don't have to pay.
When you sign up to something and you are told your order is being placed as per our terms and a link to the terms and you don't read the terms and then complain they should just get waived. No wonder so many business go to the wall nowadays when people try all they can to get away with paying their bills.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Tue 19-Jan-16 15:08:33
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Sure buy things and don't pay for them, I am not sure that's great advice.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 19-Jan-16 15:10:34
Print Post

[re: tracktorman2] [link to this post]

What is your relationship to Vivaciti?
(newbie) Tue 19-Jan-16 15:11:44
Print Post

[re: Bastien] [link to this post]

Why not offer to pay some of the fees that can't be in question like their cease charge that would have been in your original terms and the £8.00 that you say they already quoted you. Maybe that would get things rolling and show good faith on both sides, just saying im not paying anything because I did not read the terms and conditions is not going to go well in your favour if this does go to court or to get your service re-activated.
(newbie) Tue 19-Jan-16 15:18:14
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Sorry, so because I don't agree with you this means I must have a link to them, WOW are only people that are in favour of the original poster allowed to post a comment?
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 19-Jan-16 16:10:53
Print Post

[re: tracktorman2] [link to this post]

Have you read the thread. I think that the OP has offered to pay some of the fees. Unfortunately we don't have the full story here and don't know what either side has offered to settle things (if anything). Public forums are not generally the best place to dispute things with a company and so it is very difficult to see here the wood for the trees.
Standard User Bob_s2
(experienced) Tue 19-Jan-16 16:44:19
Print Post

[re: Bastien] [link to this post]

If you owe them money probably yes. Always avoid signing up over the phones as you have no real record of what was said. If you do make sure they send you a copy of the agreement including T&C by email or post and also say the contract is not agreed until you have read and agreed them.

If your contract came into force after the Consumer Rights Act 2015 came into effect they have to spell out to you any charges etc . Hiding it in the fine print does no met the requiremt of the act. They must also spell out any cancelation charges
Standard User Bob_s2
(experienced) Tue 19-Jan-16 16:46:59
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

That would not meet the requirements of The Consumer Rights Act 2015 > So if the contract was taken out after the act came into force it is unlikely they could enforce these charges as they would be in breach of the act
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to