General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | [16] | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User dave2150
(experienced) Thu 21-Jan-16 08:37:01
Print Post

Re: Vivaciti unfairly suspended my internet (story inside)

[re: Bastien] [link to this post]

Good god, sorry you had to go through this, Bastien.

Vivaciti sound like the worst ISP I have ever heard of. I really do hope you're able to punish them through the courts and get some kind of compensation from them. You deserve it.

I'll be sure to link this thread to my contacts and friends so that they don't make the mistake of choosing this terrible ISP.

Good luck getting this resolved.

FTTC over 600M of good old Aluminium
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2869262320.png

Edited by dave2150 (Thu 21-Jan-16 08:37:27)

Standard User Bastien
(learned) Thu 21-Jan-16 08:38:51
Print Post

Re: Vivaciti unfairly suspended my internet (story inside) *

Just to explain for the deleted post, a moment ago my log in to their website was disabled. I can now log in again.
Standard User Bastien
(learned) Thu 21-Jan-16 08:40:23
Print Post

[re: dave2150] [link to this post]

Dave, thanks for your kind words.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 21-Jan-16 08:40:53
Print Post

Ofcom won't get involved but you should be going ADR.

You have put up with this for long enough - what Vivaciti should be doing is giving you a deadlock letter to say that you and they can't come to agreement so you can take them to the ADR.

According to the ISP listings on this site their ADR provider is Ombudsman Services.
Standard User AdrianPH
(member) Thu 21-Jan-16 08:57:33
Print Post

[re: caffn8me] [link to this post]

The standard of English on the Vivaciti site is interesting.

Their site sets cookies on your system , the required compliance notice is missing.

Anyone can set up a flashy website, running a business is another matter.

I remember one ISP that was run spare time from a garden shed.

UNO FTTC : Synch : 80/20 : Grade A : Download 75.31.Mb/s : Upload 18.71 Mb/s : ping 9 ms
Standard User Bastien
(learned) Thu 21-Jan-16 09:18:13
Print Post

[re: caffn8me] [link to this post]

Disclaimer: I will now discuss Vivaciti's address, I have double made sure they are of public knowledge so I am not releasing any private information. I am merely discussing what is available to public at the moment this reply is submitted, and information which should indeed be available because by law they should be a registered company and thus have to disclose their address. If you have found that I have accidentally released any private information, you need to let me know by posting in this thread or send me a forum message. I have no intention of spreading false information, as I am but a seeker of truth in a process of finding the truth, so any comment made below is merely for informational discussion only and can not be understood as anything other than a harmless and educative discussion. I will accept any dispute of any information presented in this reply and if you take it to my attention and I will do my best to amend any untruth that might have included in any of my comment, anywhere, at any time before now and in the future.

---

In reply to a post by caffn8me:
[...]
Interesting.

Thanks for pointing me to their registered address.

So I was looking for a physical address to send my physical letters to.

And now I have sufficient evidence to believe that this address is not even properly communicated to me anywhere, as it has been diluted with multiple different addresses leading to a confusing and contradicting result. They all are different from their registered Companies House records, which is: 376 London Road Hadleigh, Benfleet, Essex, SS7 2DA

This is from their latest emails: (note that it is different from the registered address, it points to a completely different post code)
[...] Kind regards
Vivaciti Accounts
J and V Data Services Ltd
2nd Floor
358 London Rd
Hadleigh
Essex, SS7 2DD

This one from an email in early 2015: (again this is different frpm the one above)
[...]
Vivaciti
358 London Road
Hadleigh
Essex, SS7 2DD
Vivaciti is a trading name of J and V Data Services Ltd

So those were from emails (the rest of their emails didn't have any information on their address).

And when I checked their website, there is this at the bottom of the front page:
2nd Floor, 358 London Rd, Hadleigh, Essex, SS7 2DD.

And then there is this in their terms and conditions page: (totally different address from the rest)
FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS

1. Definitions

ADSL For You is a trading name of Vivaciti. "Vivaciti Broadband" means Vivaciti, K Prust T/A whose address is 319 Sutton Road, Southend on Sea, Essex, SS2 5PF.

And then there is this near the bottom of their terms and conditions page: (Same as the one above)
18. Law

The Agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England. Our postal address for communications is: Vivaciti, 319 Sutton Road, Southend on Sea, Essex, SS2 5PF.

And there is no address information in behind the log-in part of their website.

So now I am getting a mixed message, which is the real address?

Note that their address in the Companies House record is not communicated anywhere to me.

They now all look equally unbelievable considering there are multiple of them.

So the question is, if I want to send Vivaciti (actually, what name should even I address to?) a physical letter that can be considered valid in legal terms, which one should I send to?
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Jan-16 09:18:37
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

As is normal with most Public forum posts, the OP is only publishing some information and parts of emails, there is of course no mention by the OP of the different offers that have already been sent to him to try to resolve this issue (all of which have received no replies to) so although we did concede to the OP that there were some issues around his order and the way that a price was quoted to him but when after over a month later the order was placed he was told the plant at the new address was now showing different, he was not told that this meant what was originally quoted was now different.

We had already said after the initial investigation we would honour the line install of £8.00 that he was quoted in the first place and scrub the other phone line activation charges including the charge for him to take his number, but he did not even agree to this. We have also made other offers all of these had been either turned down flat or ignored.

Even in this day an age you cannot have something but not pay for it!

As with most things you only get to see one side and only then the part that they want to publish not everything else.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Jan-16 09:23:40
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

Do you have read receipts for the emails that you claim to have sent him or any other evidence that the emails were actually received?

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Jan-16 09:33:02
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

We can show evidence that the emails were received by your email server, read receipts are irrelevant as not all system (or mail clients for that matter) send them, you can even set your own mail client up not to send read receipts.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook

Edited by vivaciti (Thu 21-Jan-16 09:56:01)

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Jan-16 09:41:52
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

Read receipts are not irrelevant. Getting one is proof that an email has been received and read. It's the absence of one that proves nothing.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Pages in this thread: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | [16] | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to