General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | [18] | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 21-Jan-16 10:34:50
Print Post

Re: Vivaciti unfairly suspended my internet (story inside)

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I don't think it unusual for companies to have more than one address or to have their official accounts address be different from a normal correspondence address. And many Internet business don't really publish addresses as they use other means to communicate with their customers.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 21-Jan-16 10:47:31
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Surely that's implicit in what I posted? It's certainly the reason I mentioned accountants' and domain registration addresses.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 21-Jan-16 10:53:27
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I was agreeing not arguing - just in a somewhat shorter version wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kamelion
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 21-Jan-16 12:03:31
Print Post

[re: Bastien] [link to this post]

The £39.12 + VAT seems a fair resolution to me. Since you have been with them for 2+ years and wanted to keep them when you moved it's a fair assumption that they suited your needs. Pay this reasonable fee, save yourself the hassle of waiting for reprovision with another company and shake hands.

Sky Fibre Unlimited
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Jan-16 12:11:05
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by vivaciti:
We had already said after the initial investigation we would honour the line install of £8.00 that he was quoted in the first place and scrub the other phone line activation charges including the charge for him to take his number, but he did not even agree to this.
Can you confirm that this offer was for only for a total of £8 on top of his monthly subscription and there were no other one off fees relating to either his old or new line.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 21-Jan-16 12:32:43
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

We had already said after the initial investigation we would honour the line install of £8.00 that he was quoted in the first place and scrub the other phone line activation charges including the charge for him to take his number

So your saying you would only charge £8 for the move and no more, meaning the bill now due is normal services charges (broadband & line rental) and this extra £8?

The OP said that the following was due:#
In reply to a post by Bastien:
Broadband Activation Fee £40.00
WLR Basic SL - Trans-Conv from MPF £40.00
WLR Renumber Charge £14.95
ADSL Cease charge £31.12

However if your willing to squash all those charges into a one off £8 fee, I personally would have your hand off for it...
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 21-Jan-16 12:34:39
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

I don't think they did say that. They only commented on the costs for the new line but did not comment on the cost of terminating the old line. The OP has said that they were also asked to pay the termination of the old line in addition to what Vivaciti have listed.

However, neither side have confirmed this interpretation at this point.
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 21-Jan-16 12:40:35
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Oh... well that's a bit naughty.... how come the customer has to pay to cease the old line if there migrating it!

Ideally Vivaciti shouldn't even be adding charges from the previous line to the new lines bill as the accounts ate theoretically separate... ceasing one account and starting another would mean a new account number....

Though that's just my opinion I suppose.

If the case is as I've typed above, I would be straight onto Ombudsman Services right away, it don't seem like Vivaciti are following the correct process
Standard User TMCR
(committed) Thu 21-Jan-16 12:43:14
Print Post

[re: Bastien] [link to this post]

Can you confirm that this offer was for only for a total of £8 on top of his monthly subscription and there were no other one off fees relating to either his old or new line.

If the ISP are sensible they'll not respond to this as you are not their customer. wink

I've been watching this topic grow, and it's upsetting to see a lot of bad information and advice being given. I spent a lot of time answering similar queries on the Consumer Action Group website, before illness took over and I'm now just a reader.

From what I've seen here there is a lot of missing information. Some that may have been edited out, some messages that the OP claims they've not had and seem this has continued as other messages from the ISP have not been seen. As both sides have verified, the OP is using a third party email service that the ISP has no access to. If this were me I would be checking spam folders and testing the address. It is a service I use myself and find it is usually reliable, hence the ISP assuming that email is being delivered, even without receipts being sent. The ISP has also pointed out that copies are kept in the OP's account pages of their website, which he still has access to.

I've seen posts that say the OP has confirmed that they have read through the entire website, which would include terms and conditions and the copy messages. If they have not read these then they have not read the entire website, but have said they have to the ISP. The ISP therefore can assume that the OP has read the messages fully, as well as the T's & C's.

I've always found that posts are edited to suit the way one party or the other wants them to read. The ISP has made a few posts, without going into detail in a public forum, that should have been of help to the OP but it seems their input has been in vain.

Those who are advising that the OP just ignore and walk away are missing a few points. The OP wanted to transfer their service to a new address, they were already a customer and a reasonably happy one at that. They did not look into the costs of transferring, which I have seen for myself on the ISP site. To assume that they could just up and go and carry on at a new address was obviously incorrect. The OP has entered into correspondence with the ISP and admitted to many things that would only serve to support their case if/when the matter is passed to a debt recovery agency.

Can I just refer everyone to a post by the ISP that should have seen an end to all this:
We had already said after the initial investigation we would honour the line install of £8.00 that he was quoted in the first place and scrub the other phone line activation charges including the charge for him to take his number, but he did not even agree to this. We have also made other offers all of these had been either turned down flat or ignored.

If the OP wants to carry on the dispute, bearing this offer in mind, they are set to lose a whole lot more than £8 (+VAT ?). They've already lost their Internet service and will now have to find another ISP and pay their installation and activation costs as well.

Regardless of the company address or trading name, a service was supplied and the OP cancelled their payment without giving fair warning. There have been issues with the actions of both sides but at least the ISP were prepared to forego the costs the OP said they were not aware of in order to resolve the matter.

My suggestion is for the OP to contact the ISP, accept that offer and move on.

Virgin Cable (100/6) + EE Mobile BB
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 21-Jan-16 12:47:35
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

It isn't a migration - migrations don't exist for home moves as migration is from one ISP to another. A home move is a cease at one address and new connection at another - that is how it is for all ISPs but some ISPs cover the charges if the customer signs up to a new contract.
Pages in this thread: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | [18] | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to