General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | 22 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 21-Jan-16 12:53:56
Print Post

Re: Vivaciti unfairly suspended my internet (story inside)

[re: TMCR] [link to this post]

There are some things you missed.

Firstly, the OP did ask Vivaciti the costs to move and were told it would be £8. They assumed this was the full costs and therefore didn't feel the need to look further. Vivaciti do seem to have agreed that was a mistake on their part.

There is a different between what the OP and Vivaciti have said was the offer.

The quote you give from Vivaciti suggests that the £8 + the monthly fee was all that was required. But, I think that is all that was required for the *new* line.

The OP has said they were also asked for the costs to terminate the old line (over £30 plus VAT) and that this is what they still dispute.

Vivaciti have not yet confirmed if that statement from the OP is correct or whether the offer you quoted was the complete total for old and new line costs combined.
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 21-Jan-16 12:56:14
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
It isn't a migration - migrations don't exist for home moves as migration is from one ISP to another. A home move is a cease at one address and new connection at another - that is how it is for all ISPs but some ISPs cover the charges if the customer signs up to a new contract.

Ahh fair enough, I was under the impression that if a line was active at the new address, A migration type process could be done which would cancel out cease charges...

I think its fair to say that there is too many key details missing from the thread, and this confusion may be honest with the ISP maybe not beig as clear as possible during the process of the move, however it looks to me like the ISP is working to resolve the issues and have also agreed to waive some of the charges due to the lack of transparency.

EDIT: I think Vivaciti really need to separate the charges for the new address and the old address, and get the connection at the new address reinstated ASAP, the customer needs to pay Vivaciti the £8 + there monthly charges an then they need to continue the investigation into the charges for ceasing the service at the last address separately.

Edited by mlmclaren (Thu 21-Jan-16 12:59:45)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 21-Jan-16 13:09:26
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

The cease of broadband at the premises being left is a fact, and Openreach charge for it. The fact that any ISP then provides a service at the new address, using the same account but a new contract, (there has to be a new contract as they are for provision of service at a particular address), is nothing to do with it.

I don't see the service being restored until the OP agrees to at least what you suggest in your edit. The impression he is giving is he isn't even willing to pay the £8.

I'm also sure he had to be aware of the cease fee. His claims about the separate clauses wouldn't stand up anywhere.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User TMCR
(committed) Thu 21-Jan-16 13:44:16
Print Post

In reply to a post by ian72:
There is a different between what the OP and Vivaciti have said was the offer.

The quote you give from Vivaciti suggests that the £8 + the monthly fee was all that was required. But, I think that is all that was required for the *new* line.

If you go back to that post, they've made the OP an offer to pay just £8 following the dispute, but he's not accepted it.

Virgin Cable (100/6) + EE Mobile BB
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 21-Jan-16 13:52:38
Print Post

I disagree. What they posted was:

We had already said after the initial investigation we would honour the line install of £8.00 that he was quoted in the first place and scrub the other phone line activation charges including the charge for him to take his number, but he did not even agree to this.

That says they had scrubbed the other activation charges. It does not state anything about the cancelling of the old line. You are assuming those charges were dropped but a post by the OP is either talking about a different offer or it is talking about this one but also includes the fact the cancellation charge was still being levied.

We don't have confirmation either way if the offer quoted above cancels the termination charge for the old line as it only talks about fees for the new line.

EDIT : This is where the OP details what they believe was in that offer.

Edited by ian72 (Thu 21-Jan-16 13:57:39)

Standard User Bastien
(learned) Thu 21-Jan-16 14:10:33
Print Post

Let's just get this out of the way, at no point have I received an offer of "just 8 pounds" or "just 8 pounds plus the monthly fees".
Standard User TMCR
(committed) Thu 21-Jan-16 14:11:59
Print Post

I guess it's how you read the various posts. As far as I could see they had honoured the original £8 quoted, and that was just this morning. If they are indeed keeping to the disconnection charge on top of that then that highlights the fact I mentioned of only giving part of the story in the posts being made by both sides.
Only the OP and the ISP can resolve this. We can speculate and quote things all day but we only have the information they choose to give us and it seems like we will never get the full picture.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 21-Jan-16 14:14:14
Print Post

Yours and Bastien's posts probably crossed but Bastien strongly states that the offer also required payment of the cancellation charges. Vivaciti appear to have only been talking about one area of the charges.
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 21-Jan-16 14:23:06
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

The emails were over a year old and do not refer to the current issue.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User TMCR
(committed) Thu 21-Jan-16 14:33:31
Print Post

But we don't know if the OP has seen today's message or not, or if the ISP have chosen not to mention the cancellation charges. As I said, up to them to agree upon after all the advice, good and bad, given in this topic.

Pages in this thread: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | 22 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to