General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bernado
(member) Fri 15-Jan-16 18:19:35
Print Post

Re: Vivaciti unfairly suspended my internet (story inside)

[re: uno] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by uno:
No, this is not a valid reason to block an outward migration and is against the Ofcom code for transfers.
Matt

Just out of interest is Ofcom's transfers code a kind of gentlemen's agreement of expected levels of service or is it something more binding?
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Fri 15-Jan-16 18:20:26
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by vivaciti:
The service at the OPs last address was 12 months (although he was out of his 12 month contract when he moved home) and the new service was also 12 months.
Broadband Activation costs us £40.00 + VAT and that's what we charge it out at we do not make any profit on this.

Well if it isn't you making a profit on this who ever charges you £48 (inc Vat)
is making a profit on it, because they won't be getting charged that much by BT
Especially when there is a 12mth min term involved the charge should be less or none existent
Also it would appear that you have contravened ofcom's rules by preventing the OP's outward migration , although i can understand your reasons for doing it, it doesn't really give a great impression does it
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Fri 15-Jan-16 18:23:31
Print Post

[re: bernado] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bernado:
No, this is not a valid reason to block an outward migration and is against the Ofcom code for transfers.
Matt

Just out of interest is Ofcom's transfers code a kind of gentlemen's agreement of expected levels of service or is it something more binding?
under the MAC system there was certainly a ruling that the existing provider could not prevent or hinder the migration because the customer owed them money, So i can't really see that this will of changed since the introduction of the GPL migration system in place now

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Bastien
(newbie) Fri 15-Jan-16 18:27:15
Print Post

The service at the OPs last address was 12 months (although he was out of his 12 month contract when he moved home) and the new service was also 12 months.
Broadband Activation costs us £40.00 + VAT and that's what we charge it out at we do not make any profit on this.

This is just plain wrong. I signed up for a monthly contract back in 2013. It was a monthly contract. It has always been a monthly contract. Nobody told me about this change. Nobody told me about the 12 month thing until TODAY.

This is from the first email you sent me, in 2013:
"As contracts are monthly it is advisable to check you have read and understood our terms and conditions regularly."

I was not told ANYTHING at all, at any point during the three years I was with you, about a 12 month contract, literally until today. This is completely new to me.
Standard User ehteam
(experienced) Fri 15-Jan-16 20:16:08
Print Post

[re: Bastien] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Bastien:
"by just cancelling your direct debit this gives us no alternative than to temporarily suspend your service until this issue is resolved."

If not, what are my options for complaint about poor communication and my internet being unfairly suspended?

No alternative? Assuming 12.3 is the relevant clause Vivaciti does have an alternative to suspension. I would ask what this alternative is - reconnection while the dispute is settled for instance? If I have a problem with a supplier I dispute charges rather than tell them to delete charges as that would suggest I have no intention of ever being persuaded to pay.

You have cancelled all payments? Offer to pay the usual rental/call/broadband charges accrued and for the disputed charges to be put on hold while whatever settlement process progresses.

http://www.vivaciti.net/termsandconditions

12.3 If any of the events detailed in 12.2 occur as a result of Customer default, Vivaciti Broadband may suspend the Service without prejudice to its right to terminate this Contract.

Paul
Standard User Tazz_uk
(experienced) Fri 15-Jan-16 20:23:35
Print Post

Wow the idea of another 12 months contract by mainstream suppliers is normally to cover the costs of migration. You cannot change for the move and another 12 months that is just greedy...

BT Infinity 2 Broadband
Standard User Bastien
(newbie) Fri 15-Jan-16 20:23:35
Print Post

[re: ehteam] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ehteam:
You have cancelled all payments? Offer to pay the usual rental/call/broadband charges accrued and for the disputed charges to be put on hold while whatever settlement process progresses.

I have already asked for a bill with just the monthly fees (which I have always expected to pay so no problem with that) so I can pay those first. I am no thief.

I cancelled my direct debit yesterday because they have entered the full amount to be taken out, which I was/am still trying to dispute.
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 16-Jan-16 09:45:20
Print Post

[re: Bastien] [link to this post]

Ignorance is no form of defence.

As T&Cs seem to be made more beneficial for the customer nowadays the companies have to make some money when customers change their contract.

Unless I'm wrong, a supplier is supplying a service at a particular address and they are under no obligation to supply at a different address with the same contract. Granted if you have been on a monthly contract then that should be offered at the new address.

If you look throughout these forums then you will see that major changes seem to form a new contract. Eg new router, upgrade to faster speed (VM), etc.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User Bastien
(newbie) Sat 16-Jan-16 13:25:39
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

I offered to pay the monthly fees. No reply from them.
Standard User gt94sss2
(experienced) Sat 16-Jan-16 16:06:16
Print Post

[re: bernado] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bernado:
Matt

See http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/telecoms/g...

A1.2 covers the circumstances losing providers can cancel migrations
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to