General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | [20] | 21 | 22 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 21-Jan-16 14:36:16
Print Post

Re: Vivaciti unfairly suspended my internet (story inside)

[re: TMCR] [link to this post]

The OP is still coming back for further advice which is why the thread was still going. As it stands we do have different information from each party and without the parties giving us the same story it is just "he said she said" and we can only give opinions based on the conflicting info we have. Both parties consider themselves to be right and without full access to all comms on both sides we cannot judge who has the stronger position.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 21-Jan-16 14:36:47
Print Post

[re: TMCR] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TMCR:
But we don't know if the OP has seen today's message or not,
Seeing as the OP posted 10 minutes ago, it's safe to assume they have.
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 21-Jan-16 14:39:03
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

What constitutes personal information?

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 21-Jan-16 14:40:49
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

8 weeks seems a bit long. Is that an Ofcom rule?

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User TMCR
(committed) Thu 21-Jan-16 14:45:35
Print Post

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Seeing as the OP posted 10 minutes ago, it's safe to assume they have.

Part of their ongoing dispute is that the OP says they've not been getting messages from the ISP so it is quite possible they have not seen it. I wouldn't assume they've either had or read it.

Virgin Cable (100/6) + EE Mobile BB
Standard User Skilty
(member) Thu 21-Jan-16 15:07:03
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

It clearly states on the website under Support:

Can I move my broadband to another premises?
Broadband is attached to a physical line so you would need to request a cease for your broadband and then place an order for a new broadband service at the new premises.

To request a cease you would contact us via email or support ticket. Please remember to include the phone number the broadband is on, the address and post code and the date you wish the cease to commence.

If you wish to place a new order with us for the new premises please include the address and post code and the phone number for the new premises as well as the date we should place the order.

For the confusion around the new property Vivaciti have made the OP an offer due to the confusion around price by the looks of it.

The process to move is clearly stated in their support pages. So I do not see why Vivaciti should waive the cease fee for the old property.

Based on that it leaves the OP having to £9.60 (new property) + ADSL Cease charge £31.12 (old property) = £40.72, not sure if the cease fee includes VAT or not.

At this point the OP should actually take the offer as there is blame on both sides, the OP should actually read T&Cs and the support pages going forward, Vivaciti need to improve their comms and outline the move process and the associated costs.

Vivaciti have made a fair offer if that is the offer that has been made. It would cost more than that to have another line activated!

There does seem to be selective posting of what has been said. The OP is under less obligation to keep certain information private as he is not covered by the data protection act...

plusnet Fibre > Sky Fibre Pro > Pulse8 Fibre XL - 14ms Ping, Sync ~ 65.78/18.73Mbps - BQM
Standard User Skilty
(member) Thu 21-Jan-16 15:11:49
Print Post

Re: Vivaciti unfairly suspended my internet (story inside) *DELETED*

Post deleted by Skilty
Standard User Skilty
(member) Thu 21-Jan-16 15:20:32
Print Post

[re: Bastien] [link to this post]

Ok so at no point did you read the Support pages about moving to other premises (which I take to mean residential or business). It clearly states "request a cease" and the next paragraph states "if you wish to place a new order".

Further down the support pages:

Termination and cease charges.
Services will generate a cease/termination charge when they are ceased or terminated. This can also apply when a service is incorrectly migrated away without the use of a migration code by the winning provider and when not following the correct migration procedure. The cease/termination charge differs from service to service. Please contact us for details of termination and cease charges on particular packages.

Broadband services have a cease charge of £34.50 + VAT.

At £39.12+VAT I think you have had a reasonable offer from Vivaciti. I have not mentioned the monthly fee for your broadband as my assumption is that you did a cease and re-provide so were therefore happy with their services and willing to pay it.

plusnet Fibre > Sky Fibre Pro > Pulse8 Fibre XL - 14ms Ping, Sync ~ 65.78/18.73Mbps - BQM
Standard User Skilty
(member) Thu 21-Jan-16 15:23:35
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jelv:
Read receipts are not irrelevant. Getting one is proof that an email has been received and read. It's the absence of one that proves nothing.

Which is impossible if the user decides in their email client to not send read receipts. The sender will never know if an email was received will they, which was the point being made i.e. I could say I didn't receive an email all day long with it sat in my inbox and prevented the read receipt being sent.

Let's not forget that I am assuming all of these emails are ending up in the OPS client area on the Vivaciti portal...

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Jan-16 15:25:55
Print Post

[re: caffn8me] [link to this post]

Even more interesting if you look up Vivaciti which would appear to be dissolved back in 2014, yet it's still trading in name at least
Pages in this thread: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | [20] | 21 | 22 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to