General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | [21] | 22 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Jan-16 15:38:53
Print Post

Re: Vivaciti unfairly suspended my internet (story inside)

[re: Skilty] [link to this post]

I can't understand what point you are making which is different to what I said: "It's the absence of one that proves nothing.". If the email client is set not to send receipts then the sender has no way of knowing if the message got through.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User Skilty
(member) Thu 21-Jan-16 15:42:20
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

I think I may have read your post differently, apologies for that.

plusnet Fibre > Sky Fibre Pro > Pulse8 Fibre XL - 14ms Ping, Sync ~ 65.78/18.73Mbps - BQM
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 21-Jan-16 15:45:28
Print Post

I didn't see an "own domain" mentioned, and the fact that gmail was, and edited out after that was complained about but had already been quoted so all mentioning it need to edit, including me and this post.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Jan-16 15:45:38
Print Post

But that represents only the PSTN service, they still will want both a £48.00 activation fee and a commit to a 12mth contract when the OP was on a rolling month min term, So IMO there needs to be an either or but not both offer there too,
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 21-Jan-16 15:51:55
Print Post

The OP has stated more than once he had read the FAQ before ordering the move, but believes it impossible to link the two clauses. Hmmpff.

To pay the cease fee plus £8 looks like a no-brainer to me. Plus request release from the new 12-month contract if he wishes to leave immediately.

If he did pay that, but stayed for a couple of months, then I would say the 12-month term should stand as continuing rather than leaving within a couple of weeks to me would constitute acceptance of the contract once the financial side was settled.

However, as far as I can see the OP has at no point accepted any advice on his best option. Only on fighting to the death not to pay anything above the rental and broadband. To the extent I believe he only came here to gather support for that.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Jan-16 16:17:56
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I think his point is that he doesn't want to pay more than he was told it would cost - I can understand that point of view.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 21-Jan-16 16:42:24
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

We haven't seen the full content of the email that originally quoted the £8 - there could have been a nuance in the question/answer where Vivaciti may have been answering a question of "how much will the new line cost" and not answering the question "how much will cancelling the old line" cost. There seem to be a large number of communications now that have passed between the 2 parties and we have tiny snippets or summaries of some of them. Without seeing all correspondence I wouldn't want to call which way the ADR / courts would go with this one.

PS - I do think Vivaciti have some work to do to clear up their website and their emails to be absolutely clear on what a house move would cost. At present you do have to do a little digging to find it and it isn't clearly spelt out. I also get the feeling that Vivaciti don't do a standard new line charge and instead pass on the charges they get from BT - this is great as it appears they only charge what they get charged rather than a cover-everything flat rate but it does mean that you may not know what the actual costs will be until after the order has been done.

EDITED to add the "PS"

Edited by ian72 (Thu 21-Jan-16 16:44:38)

Standard User caffn8me
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Jan-16 18:35:10
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
I don't think it unusual for companies to have more than one address or to have their official accounts address be different from a normal correspondence address. And many Internet business don't really publish addresses as they use other means to communicate with their customers.
Every limited company registered in the UK is required by law (The Companies (Trading Disclosures) Regulations 2008) to display on their website;
  1. the part of the United Kingdom in which the company is registered;
  2. the company’s registered number;
  3. the address of the company’s registered office
The Vivaciti and J and V Data Services Ltd websites fail to comply. The penalty can be up to £1000 per director and an additional £100 per day of continued non-compliance.

The same information must also be on every letterhead and email. That appears to have been ignored as well.

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 21-Jan-16 20:10:30
Print Post

[re: caffn8me] [link to this post]

Like this one?

Standard User caffn8me
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Jan-16 20:27:07
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

It should be on all their sites. It's on a few, including;

http://www.btplc.com/Thegroup/ContactBT/

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs
Pages in this thread: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | [21] | 22 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to