General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 17-Jan-16 22:05:32
Print Post

Re: Vivaciti unfairly suspended my internet (story inside)

[re: Bastien] [link to this post]

What in this case is more important to you? Access to the internet or paying more than you should have to and then trying to recoup the monies?

Stopping a DD is never the best way to act. This I assume constitutes a termination of the contract by yourself.

I agree the ISP hasn't acted in a good way by not replying to your emails but I'm sure some law type person could advise us on what should have been done .

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User Bastien
(newbie) Sun 17-Jan-16 23:51:53
Print Post

[re: nemeth782] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by nemeth782:
At this point you just press for a deadlock letter and take them to ADR

I have already asked to file a complaint about everything 2 days ago, on the same day I was given this email:

"Your complaint has already been accepted by Us, at this moment in time we have been investigating what you have been told and what you have asked for. If you are not happy with the response after 10 days then you can ask for the complaint to be escalated to management, then then have a further 10 days to try to resolve the issue. If there has still been no resolutions after this time then you can ask for the complaint to be raised with the managing director, only after 8 weeks have passed and there has still been no resolution then you can ask that the matter be passed to our ADR service."

So in short, 10 days then raise to management, another 10 days then raise to management director, another 8 weeks for ADR, that is going to be 76 days in total without internet (currently at day 3). 76 days, trapped, without internet. I will be daunted out of my mind if this goes on.

I am currently:
Day 3 without internet.
Day 3 without reply for my offer of paying monthly fees.
Standard User Bastien
(newbie) Sun 17-Jan-16 23:53:37
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
How is it posting personal information when we have no idea who the OP is?

From https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-p...
It is important to note that, where the ability to identify an individual depends partly on the data held and partly on other information (not necessarily data), the data held will still be “personal data”.
Example
An organisation holds data on microfiche. The microfiche records do not identify individuals by name, but bear unique reference numbers which can be matched to a card index system to identify the individuals concerned. The information held on the microfiche records is personal data.

And to comment on this, well, the fact that they spotted me on a public forum was a little shocking. They even sent me a little email about it. I did not expect to see them reply here.

Their data on me (12 month contract they are now claiming it to be) is even wrong because as far as I am concerned I am still on a monthly contract, unchanged since 2013.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Bastien
(newbie) Sun 17-Jan-16 23:55:42
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by broadband66:
Stopping a DD is never the best way to act. This I assume constitutes a termination of the contract by yourself.

The day I got the advanced payment notice I immediately told them I was to dispute the amount, and after 5 days passed without any reply they finally said it will be investigated, but the next day which is the day before the direct debit is due to go through they entered the full amount into the system, I of course had to ring the bank in the late afternoon to cancel the direct debit to prevent the payment from going through the next day. And lo and behold, the next day MORNING my internet is suspended, and they sent me an email saying you stopped the direct debit, etc. Strangely suddenly efficient if you ask me. I don't think it has anything to do with terminating the contract, I just stopped the disputed amount from getting out of my bank (because they spent 5 days doing nothing to address this problem) thus throwing my bank balance off. I hardly had any choice. In fact I had no choice at all. I thought it is perfectly within my right as a consumer to cancel a direct debit if I think the amount is not correct.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 18-Jan-16 00:40:11
Print Post

Nothing in that reply to me is relevant. No personal information has been disclosed by them. We are not able to identify you.

It is also normal on internet forums, not just this one, for ISP reps to post a defence when bad things are being said about them.

As a point of interest, which product were you on at the old address, and is it supposed to be the same one at the new? If we know the product we know the truth. Currently you say monthly, they say 12-month minimum term. The product specification tells us.

The 12-month contract ones, with all ISPs, are in fact monthly with a 12-month minimum term.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 18-Jan-16 00:41:15)

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Mon 18-Jan-16 01:19:06
Print Post

He wasn't told that relocating the service to his new home would start a new 12 month contract. Even if the new product is different it should have been made clear to him that it would start a new contract with a 12 month minimum term.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Telephone rental: Pulse8

Edited by jelv (Mon 18-Jan-16 01:27:24)

Standard User Bastien
(newbie) Mon 18-Jan-16 01:26:29
Print Post

The one I signed up was called Broadband Unlimited Premium which was a 1 month min term contract.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 18-Jan-16 01:45:16
Print Post

Ummm. Not a current product, so can't see what it says. What can be seen is the current unlimited is a 12-month term. I also saw some oddities on their website on my main computer, but can't find them on my iPad. I'll have a look during the day.

With luck you will hear from them later today as well. They say tech support 24/7, but this isn't a tech problem.

Did you just stop the one d/d, or did you cancel it completely? If the former that helps. If the latter, ugh!

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Mon 18-Jan-16 02:44:44
Print Post

In reply to a post by Bastien:
The one I signed up was called Broadband Unlimited Premium which was a 1 month min term contract.

Have you tried wayback machine?

Do any of those match the cost that you signed up for and are you on the same product now, as the latter may be more important. Also, how did you signup as if over the phone, they should give you the terms of the product or offer to send them to you at least.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0800 520 0345
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User Bastien
(newbie) Mon 18-Jan-16 03:31:58
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by uno:
Have you tried wayback machine?

Do any of those match the cost that you signed up for and are you on the same product now, as the latter may be more important. Also, how did you signup as if over the phone, they should give you the terms of the product or offer to send them to you at least.

Matt

Yes that is the one, the first one on the menu, Broadband Unlimited PREMIUM, £21.00 a month, monthly contract, that's it.

Yes I ordered over the phone and they sent me an order confirmation email. But there was no terms included but it links to their website:

"You will receive an email from us shortly once your account has been setup. Please quote your order reference number if you wish to contact us about this order.

Please also be aware that our terms and conditions can be found at http://www.vivaciti.net/terms-and-conditions

As contracts are monthly it is advisable to check you have read and understood our terms and conditions regularly."
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to