General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Bastien
(newbie) Mon 18-Jan-16 03:33:38
Print Post

Re: Vivaciti unfairly suspended my internet (story inside)

[re: Bastien] [link to this post]

From my latest bill it says "Broadband Unlimited 01/01/2016 to 31/01/2016" which means they have somehow changed it without letting me know.
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Mon 18-Jan-16 03:34:31
Print Post

As clear as dishwater then, and the terms if that copy/paste was as exactly in the email you received go no where.

404 Page Not Found

The page you requested was not found.

You should be able to argue that the terms were not forthcoming and the link provided actually has no terms but also, it states that contracts are monthly, not yearly.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0800 520 0345
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User Bastien
(newbie) Mon 18-Jan-16 03:37:23
Print Post

Also from my first email:
"Product/Service: Broadband Unlimited Home - Broadband Unlimited Premium"

So yeah that confirms that was the one I ordered.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Skilty
(member) Mon 18-Jan-16 09:31:44
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Was looking at the same thing, the only thing besides line rental having a rolling 1 month contract is their "Home Allowance" package.

One of the first things I ask if I move or migrate my service is how much will it cost to do x, y or z. When they tell me I ask them to put it in an email.

plusNet did something similar to me around earlier termination charges. When I pulled them on it they agreed it was their mistake as I had everything in an email and so they fulfilled the original charges.

plusnet Fibre > Sky Fibre Pro > Pulse8 Fibre XL - 14ms Ping, Sync ~ 65.78/18.73Mbps - BQM
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 18-Jan-16 10:29:09
Print Post

There are some misunderstandings in this thread that I think need to be cleared up.

Firstly, a number (possibly including me) have mentioned about migrations and the rules that migrations cannot be blocked. However, you aren't doing a migration - a migration is from one ISP to another not moving house and therefore the rules around migrations aren't relevant.

The second thing is Vivaciti don't actually do a home move service/product. What they are actually doing is cancelling your contract at the old address and starting a brand new contract at the new address. Any terms of the old contract become irrelevant and they have put you on their current product at the new address. The current product includes 12 month contract term.

So, with all of that clear and the new information since I last posted I think you have a strong case for them misleading you. They didn't tell you about charges (except for a very wobbly £8 figure). They didn't explain you were cancelling the old contract. They didn't explain you were entering into a new 12 month term contract with all new Ts&Cs.

Unless there are other communications we haven't seen Vivaciti have very poorly communicated with you and have given you incorrect expectations (especially around the charges). It is possible they were answering the question that was asked but when starting a new contract with someone they should be very clear on the terms of that contract - in this case it seems they haven't been.

EDIT : Just to add, based on this thread you look to have a strong case to take them to ADR/court. Unless Vivaciti can show where they gave you the above info then I don't believe they have a leg to stand on - very poor communication.

Edited by ian72 (Mon 18-Jan-16 10:30:34)

Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Mon 18-Jan-16 12:10:42
Print Post

[re: nemeth782] [link to this post]

I would like to point out for the record that at no point have we blocked the OPs request to move their broadband.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Mon 18-Jan-16 12:21:47
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
Firstly, a number (possibly including me) have mentioned about migrations and the rules that migrations cannot be blocked. However, you aren't doing a migration - a migration is from one ISP to another not moving house and therefore the rules around migrations aren't relevant.

I think the OP is trying to move provider after moving house - as the moving house part and the subsequent contract is the point of contention.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0800 520 0345
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Mon 18-Jan-16 12:22:36
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Also, if Vivaciti insist it is a new contract the OP surely has cancellation rights?

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 18-Jan-16 12:53:18
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

As far as I understood the OP was with Vivaciti and was staying with them. The bone of contention is the bill of over £100 for the house move (cancel of one line plus connection of a new line). As far as I can see the original issue has nothing to do with moving to a different provider. Vivaciti have cut off the new connection because the DD has been cancelled - the DD was cancelled because the OP disputed the bill.

EDIT : Actually, just thinking about the DD. I get the impression that the OP cancelled the DD because the payment was due to come out the following day? I thought DDs had to have a notice period for changes in payment and I thought it was 2 weeks - so the OP should have had 2 weeks to question the payment before it could be taken?

EDIT2 : The Direct Debit website confirms:

You should be notified in advance normally 10 working days of any changes to amounts to be paid or the payment dates

Edited by ian72 (Mon 18-Jan-16 12:56:57)

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 18-Jan-16 12:55:32
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

Yes I would assume so. But that would still leave them with the cancellation fee to pay. I am also not sure if they would have to pay the connection fee as well as that may be considered a service already rendered.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to