General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Mon 18-Jan-16 12:56:21
Print Post

Re: Vivaciti unfairly suspended my internet (story inside)

[re: uno] [link to this post]

The link the OP has sent you is from an old email, not the order conformation that we sent.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Mon 18-Jan-16 12:58:49
Print Post

[re: Bastien] [link to this post]

You are posting either incorrect details or you are referring to an old email you would have received, maybe from your original order? The link to our FAQs and Terms and conditions in the email you received correctly show the correct links:
---CUT---
A list of FAQs can be found at http://www.vivaciti.net/support
Please be aware that with this order you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions and these can be found at http://www.vivaciti.net/termsandconditions
---CUT---

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 18-Jan-16 13:04:09
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

Do you keep recordings, for training purposes? This might help to clear up any confusion.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Skilty
(member) Mon 18-Jan-16 13:24:45
Print Post

Direct Debit Guarantee

Incorrect Payments

Direct Debit Timings

So you may actually find that the direct debit was already submitted with that amount.

plusnet Fibre > Sky Fibre Pro > Pulse8 Fibre XL - 14ms Ping, Sync ~ 65.78/18.73Mbps - BQM
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Mon 18-Jan-16 13:41:29
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

The order was not placed over the phone as the OP had stated it was all via email. These do refer to it being a cease of the existing service and a completely new service. And as a last fall back the order conformation email directs them to check FAQs and terms

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User Skilty
(member) Mon 18-Jan-16 14:06:52
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

There is a very clear paragraph about termination and cease charges where it states £34.50+VAT.

So that makes:

£48 - Activation
£41.40 - Cease
£37.99 - WLR Basic SL (whatever this is)
£15 - Telephone number migration

Total = £142.39

I am assuming the OP took their phone number, hence the WLR Renumber charge.

What I am confused about is the WLR Basic SL charge, I am guessing it is "Supply of new Basic line - Per line when Simultaneously Provided with SMPF" which according to BT is £37.99 inc VAT.

Also the OP when asking if there were any charges did not receive a reply, that is different to being *told* there were no charges and making an assumption that there weren't due to there being no reply.

Now I can argue that Vivaciti are partly at fault for not answering the OPs questions around charges and that the OP should have pursued the cost question until they had an answer outlining the exact costs.

Migration does not mean "house move", there is a losing and winning provider i.e. a provider migration at the same property and free migration means it is free if Vivaciti are the winner provider.,

Vivaciti should have given the OP 10 days notice as per the Direct Debit Guarantee (link posted on another reply) but as it states the guarantee does not cover contract disagreements or disputes...

plusnet Fibre > Sky Fibre Pro > Pulse8 Fibre XL - 14ms Ping, Sync ~ 65.78/18.73Mbps - BQM
Standard User Bastien
(newbie) Mon 18-Jan-16 14:08:46
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

The order was not placed over the phone as the OP had stated it was all via email. These do refer to it being a cease of the existing service and a completely new service. And as a last fall back the order conformation email directs them to check FAQs and terms

The link to our FAQs and Terms and conditions in the email you received correctly show the correct links:
---CUT---
A list of FAQs can be found at http://www.vivaciti.net/support
Please be aware that with this order you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions and these can be found at http://www.vivaciti.net/termsandconditions
---CUT---

Your supposed "order confirmation email" does not exist in my email account, never received such an email. The only order confirmation I received was the one from 2013, and I never ordered any new product. What date was it supposedly sent? What is it titled?

I have searched my email account and I have never received this "order confirmation" email you are talking about. Not even in my spam folder. You must have mistaken me with someone else.
Standard User nemeth782
(member) Mon 18-Jan-16 14:29:30
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Nothing in that reply to me is relevant. No personal information has been disclosed by them. We are not able to identify you.

It is also normal on internet forums, not just this one, for ISP reps to post a defence when bad things are being said about them.

As a point of interest, which product were you on at the old address, and is it supposed to be the same one at the new? If we know the product we know the truth. Currently you say monthly, they say 12-month minimum term. The product specification tells us.

The 12-month contract ones, with all ISPs, are in fact monthly with a 12-month minimum term.

You can't identify him from the info posted, no.

But the site administrators here will have at least his email address. This might be in the format [email protected] This might let them find him on facebook. Bang, personal info leaked.

You might find if you google his username here, he's used it on other sites. This might lead you to his email, and then to his facebook. Bang, suddenly you've linked the info the ISP released to a real person.

You say this is fairly common for the ISPs to post like this. I disagree, usually they try to take it to PMs, or perhaps post "no comment" or perhaps post that they do not agree with the timeline of events, but cannot post things such as if the customer is in contract, etc.
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Mon 18-Jan-16 15:16:29
Print Post

I cannot get too involved with any dispute with you on here. All system generated emails that are sent to you have a copy in your client area along with your tickets etc.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Mon 18-Jan-16 15:20:25
Print Post

[re: Skilty] [link to this post]

WLR Basic SL is where there is a line that is MPF and you do a line take over and convert it back to WLR (cheaper option than a brand new provide of phone line)

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to