General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 19-Aug-16 15:26:13
Print Post

Re: Landline move (Utility Warehouse/BT)

[re: JohnR] [link to this post]

Should highlight if support gets wind that someone may go 'legal' then often the result is for them to clam up and then await the legal paperwork, i.e. to avoid saying anything that has not been through their legal dept. Or put another the classic angry phone call reaction of 'I am going to sue' can have the reverse effect at times in terms of getting an issue fixed, since everyone will do everything by the book at that point.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mikejp
(member) Fri 19-Aug-16 15:31:51
Print Post

[re: JohnR] [link to this post]

"Is this what this is about getting some £££ or are you looking for a way out of the contract?" - neither - I can-me here hoping for some knowledgeable assistance.

"Has he actually tried to ring the number that replaced his actual number for that short period, since he got his old number back?
Might find that the owner of that one had the same issue...." - no, I have. It is unobtainable.
Standard User mikejp
(member) Fri 19-Aug-16 15:41:09
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

"wild derogatory remarks about Openreach engineers in general completely out of order." - the two instances I have quoted are in no way 'wild' but are, of course, derogatory within the meaning of the word. They simply show total, undeniable incompetence where the employees would have been disciplined in a normal company.

Thank you for clarifying your previous bit about ring tones.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 19-Aug-16 15:48:38
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I agree.
But a lot depends on the quality of the staff at UW.

Working in customer services I have wide ranging powers to solve problems. Ie If I give you X will it solve your issue....
It's amazing how many people are simply looking for a few £££ rather than actually solving the problem. Can spot these a mile off as when saying well I'll pass it on to the complaints team, they start to back track, knowing that they won't get the reply they want.

OP's son simply needs to raise a complaint. That maybe enough to get a few £££ chucked their way, rather than UW having to spend time and effort actually finding out what the issue was. But as has been said, with so many fingers in the pie. Getting to the truth will be hard.

I get your "By the book" comment, but that will require a lot of effort by UW to get to the root cause given the number of possible causes by multiple parties.
End of the day it's going to come down to cost to find the issue compared to cash to customer.

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/
To Infinity
Wats SUP doc.... You using too much.....
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Fri 19-Aug-16 15:55:37
Print Post

[re: mikejp] [link to this post]

It is yourself that appears to be in denial. You blame Openreach without having the slightest idea of where the problem lay. Your failure to understand or accept is the problem here.
Standard User mikejp
(member) Fri 19-Aug-16 16:22:17
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

You don't work for them as well, do you?

Please do not invent words from me - you really shouldn't..

I have said to date:
"I am assuming that some dull Openreach wallah pulled the wrong lead off?"

Not an unreasonable assumption based on their performance

I also said:
"Unfortunately, based on what I have seen of OR/BT (as was) and its inablilty to do things right over the years leads me to the firm conclusion of DW action."

Again, not unreasonable based on history. They are not very good.

"You blame Openreach without having the slightest idea of where the problem lay." is thus not true, is it? I had hoped that with the information I have given someone could have identified the cause and who to blame, but not so. Your failure to understand is the problem here.

UW have now said they think it was OR. It would not surprise me. You can quote me on that.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Fri 19-Aug-16 16:26:57
Print Post

In reply to a post by mikejp:
UW have now said they think it was OR.
How would they know?
Standard User mikejp
(member) Fri 19-Aug-16 16:32:31
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I am at the point where I no longer care. The sooner they get shoved onto the redundancy pile and Mr Safron's new company takes over the better. 2 definite major cock-ups and one 'probable' in my world alone. Enough for most folk, I would think.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Fri 19-Aug-16 16:37:34
Print Post

As you've been made aware, Openreach don't control line numbering. How can they have influenced the number change?
Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 19-Aug-16 16:38:11
Print Post

In reply to a post by mikejp:
UW have now said they think it was OR. It would not surprise me. You can quote me on that.

Only think.... You mean they don't know...... But is standard form, lets blame someone else..

Shall we wait for the fully investigated reply.

As you seem to have a major downer on OR, yet many of us have never had a issue with their staff and fault fixing.

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/
To Infinity
Wats SUP doc.... You using too much.....
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to