General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ec5779
(newbie) Wed 05-Jun-19 21:49:35
Print Post

Plusnet ADSL Performance drop

[link to this post]

Hello

We are on ADSL2 with Plusnet and in the past couple of months have noticed a drop in performance of our internet connection. We used to get 9-10Mbps reliably whereas now we're getting far less than that - single thread downloads run at about 70-120kB/s which is roughly 0.7-1Mbps.

Browsing feels sluggish and streaming doesn't work properly either.
The BT Wholesale speed test site shows 6-8Mbps, but that's more or less the only site that works this fast.
Tellingly, if I start multiple downloads to the same file, each one runs on average around 90Kbps without slowing the others down, until I get to about 10 or 11 downloads which maxes out the connection.

They have sent 4 openreach engineers out and none of them have managed to find any significant problem. They've also increased the SNR and turned on interleaving, neither of which have made much difference.

Now they're basically saying that there's not much else they can do and are trying to encourage me to upgrade to fibre at a discount.

Has anyone ever encountered this before and have any suggestions as to what can be done about it please?
In case anyone wants to read the whole boring story, see my thread on plusnet community.

My speed test result

Thanks in advance for any advice

Edited by ec5779 (Wed 05-Jun-19 21:51:30)

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 06-Jun-19 16:18:11
Print Post

Re: Plusnet ADSL Performance drop

[re: ec5779] [link to this post]

Sounds awfully like an issue in PlusNet's network and nothing to do with your line. It is possible it is your router or the device you are using to do the speed tests so if you are able to test with different components that should rule out anything local.
Standard User Malwaremike
(committed) Thu 06-Jun-19 16:54:44
Print Post

Now they're basically saying that there's not much else they can do and are trying to encourage me to upgrade to fibre at a discount.

I'd go for fibre. Many people including myself from last November are getting PN fibre for the price of ADSL2. You'll have to give them a call and explain your problem. Good luck.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 07-Jun-19 11:26:07
Print Post

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

Although if the problem is with PlusNet themselves then moving to fibre may or may not resolve the problem.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Sun 09-Jun-19 11:27:12
Print Post

Can you run a speedtest here and report back:
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest

We need the shared URL from the speedtest, not just typing the results by pressing on results page after the test runs and copying the URL:
e.g https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/15600760617...

Edited by ukhardy07 (Sun 09-Jun-19 11:29:04)

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Sun 09-Jun-19 19:38:12
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

There's one in his original post!
In reply to a post by ec5779:
My speed test result

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User ec5779
(newbie) Tue 11-Jun-19 23:40:35
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
Sounds awfully like an issue in PlusNet's network and nothing to do with your line. It is possible it is your router or the device you are using to do the speed tests so if you are able to test with different components that should rule out anything local.

Thanks.
I've already tried with three different routers, two computers, one mobile phone, many many repeated tests some of which were done using ethernet cable and WiFi disabled on the router just to rule interference from other devices, two different microfilters and an NTE5 filtered faceplate...

In reply to a post by Malwaremike:
I'd go for fibre. Many people including myself from last November are getting PN fibre for the price of ADSL2.

Thanks. I'm concerned that if the problem is something to do with Plusnet's backhaul, Fibre may not help. But I guess it's possible that Fibre has a different backhaul or priority in the backhaul in which case I would expect it to be better.
But for me its a moot point. At the moment I have a very good deal on ADSL2 and although they offered me a significant discount off their normal Fibre price, it still worked out more expensive overall. I'm not keen to pay extra for an upgraded service I don't really need.

In reply to a post by ian72:
Although if the problem is with PlusNet themselves then moving to fibre may or may not resolve the problem.

Yup. I am concerned about this.

In reply to a post by jelv:
There's one in his original post!

Yup, thanks for this. And thanks also for your input on my thread on the Plusnet forum. I read your "Why I left plusnet" thread, certainly makes for interesting reading and something to think about!

Meanwhile, browsing is feeling slightly less laggy this evening, so I ran the speed test again: new results. Interesting that the x6 speed has increased slightly but the normal x1 test is more or less the same.

Thanks all
Standard User jabuzzard
(member) Wed 12-Jun-19 09:38:08
Print Post

Thanks.
I've already tried with three different routers, two computers, one mobile phone, many many repeated tests some of which were done using ethernet cable and WiFi disabled on the router just to rule interference from other devices, two different microfilters and an NTE5 filtered faceplate...

The thing to do is look at the router and find the sync speed with the exchange. Then and only then compare this to the speed test and only if the speed test is done with a wired connection to the router.

If the two are close (the speed test will always be a bit below the sync speed) then you have a problem with the line. If the two are wildly different then you might have a problem with backhaul.

However just about any router provided by any ISP is a piece of junk only fit for the bin IMHO. So unless you are testing on something decent it could just as easily be the router which is likely not had any security updates in years and could easily be a compromised and part of a botnet which is why the speed tests are rubbish. What router(s) have you used?
Standard User ec5779
(newbie) Thu 13-Jun-19 10:54:06
Print Post

[re: jabuzzard] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jabuzzard:
The thing to do is look at the router and find the sync speed with the exchange

Router is currently syncing around 8Mbps. So the two are wildly different, especially in single-threaded/single-connection mode where we're getting an average of 0.7Mbps.

The three routers are:
Technicolour TG582n
Plusnet Hub Zero (Sagem [email protected])
Plusnet Hub One

The Hub One seems to provide a very slight improvement but there's not much difference between the three routers in terms of performance.
The Hub One was sent out new very recently after I raised a fault with plusnet about the speed, so surely it can't have had malware on it from day 1?
Standard User jabuzzard
(member) Fri 14-Jun-19 10:13:07
Print Post

Router is currently syncing around 8Mbps. So the two are wildly different, especially in single-threaded/single-connection mode where we're getting an average of 0.7Mbps.

The three routers are:
Technicolour TG582n
Plusnet Hub Zero (Sagem [email protected])
Plusnet Hub One

The Hub One seems to provide a very slight improvement but there's not much difference between the three routers in terms of performance.
The Hub One was sent out new very recently after I raised a fault with plusnet about the speed, so surely it can't have had malware on it from day 1?

All the PlusNet routers are junk and I speak as a long time PlusNet user. It is quite possible that it could be compromised immediately. It's not like they ever get updates so it will be on whatever was loaded when it was manufactured.

I would look to put one of them in bridge mode hook up to a PC and enable the PPPoA session directly on that then do the speed test.

There is also a possibility that the IP address (if you have a static one) is being pounded by hackers which can result in horrible throughput. However this is difficult to spot on the junk that ISP's send out.
Standard User ec5779
(newbie) Fri 14-Jun-19 13:14:26
Print Post

All the PlusNet routers

Actually the Technicolor TG582n wasn't a Plusnet router, that one was supplied by a previous ISP - but I've noticed on other forum posts it looks like plusnet have also in the past supplied a similar (maybe the same) model.
It's not like they ever get updates

The current one I'm using (Plusnet Hub One) says it was last update on 22nd May 2019 which was around about the time I installed it.
put one of them in bridge mode hook up to a PC

I'm happy to have a go at that. Is there anywhere I could find instructions for how to do that. I'm not sure that either of the plusnet routers support bridge mode?
Standard User jabuzzard
(member) Fri 14-Jun-19 15:25:42
Print Post

I'm happy to have a go at that. Is there anywhere I could find instructions for how to do that. I'm not sure that either of the plusnet routers support bridge mode?

Use Google? Apparently the following will work for the TG582n, which was indeed supplied by PlusNet in the past. They made me take one back in the day when I upgraded to VDSL. Taken out as soon as the BT engineer left (yep managed installs back then) and the VDSL modem plugged straight into my router smile

https://support.aa.net.uk/Router_-_TG582N_-_Bridge

If you can't get that working you could get a Draytek Vigor 120 modem cheap on eBay. A quick check shows the v2 hardware versions can be had second hand delivered for ~£10 and it's a current model so still getting firmware updates.

Rather than using a browser as you are using Linux try doing a wget on an ISO image. I find that much more reliable than speed tests in browsers.

I would also be tempted to install WiFiman from Ubiquiti (it's free) on a phone/tablet and try it's speed test. I just got 200/100Mbps on my phone at work via the universities Eduroam network so it should be able to max out an ADSL connection.
Standard User ec5779
(newbie) Sun 16-Jun-19 02:30:54
Print Post

I have to say, it turned out to be a little easier than I expected to configure the TG582n to act as a bridge.

I'm not 100% sure I set it up correctly as I've never done it before, but I think it was, this is how it appeared on my laptop.

And the routers' setup page definitely said it was in bridge mode and nowhere was my WAN ip address listed like it normally would have been in routed mode.

But my speedtest result was very much the same:

My Broadband Speed Test

Edit 1: As for using wget vs browser, when I tried download an ISO image of CentOS using wget I got speeds fluctuating between 35-90kB/s = 0.3-0.7Mbps

Edit 2:
There is also a possibility that the IP address (if you have a static one) is being pounded by hackers which can result in horrible throughput.

I just realised I never addressed this - I don't have a static ip. In the time this issue has been ongoing I must have been testing from many different IP addresses

Thanks again everyone for all your advice

Edited by ec5779 (Sun 16-Jun-19 02:40:54)

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 08-Jul-19 06:58:56
Print Post

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Malwaremike:
I'd go for fibre. Many people including myself from last November are getting PN fibre for the price of ADSL2. You'll have to give them a call and explain your problem. Good luck.

it would not surprise me if it is a way to get people to update to fibre, lets slow ADSL down and get people to update with a great offer, then at the end of the offer, bump prices up.
not saying that they are doing it, just that it would not surprise me.

I know a couple of people still on ADSL and they get slowdowns, they are not on Plusnet, I would not be surprised if the providers don't start increasing ADSL prices to push people to fibre

Adrian

Desktop machine Ryzen powered with windows 10 , reluctantly.

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 08-Jul-19 07:00:28
Print Post

All the PlusNet routers are junk and I speak as a long time PlusNet user. It is quite possible that it could be compromised immediately. It's not like they ever get updates so it will be on whatever was loaded when it was manufactured.

I would look to put one of them in bridge mode hook up to a PC and enable the PPPoA session directly on that then do the speed test.

There is also a possibility that the IP address (if you have a static one) is being pounded by hackers which can result in horrible throughput. However this is difficult to spot on the junk that ISP's send out.

they sent me a zyxel, certainly not junk, still not solved the problem, but that is nothing to do with the router.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User jabuzzard
(member) Mon 08-Jul-19 15:59:52
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
they sent me a zyxel, certainly not junk, still not solved the problem, but that is nothing to do with the router.

That depends on your definition of junk. If Zyxel don't provide firmware updates beyond a couple of years (I have no personal experience but strongly suspect this is the case) like most of the other vendors then IMHO it's junk no matter how good the hardware is.

If a device does not get long term security updates, then I consider it to be a heap of junk. Most ISP provided routers don't get security updates beyond a couple of years, despite that fact that they are functioning perfectly well and don't actually need updating other than they are insecure.
Standard User GonePostal
(member) Mon 08-Jul-19 23:12:11
Print Post

That depends on your definition of junk. If Zyxel don't provide firmware updates beyond a couple of years (I have no personal experience but strongly suspect this is the case) like most of the other vendors then IMHO it's junk no matter how good the hardware is.

If a device does not get long term security updates, then I consider it to be a heap of junk. Most ISP provided routers don't get security updates beyond a couple of years, despite that fact that they are functioning perfectly well and don't actually need updating other than they are insecure.

For the less technically aware like myself, could you help me by explaining what risks I actually face from using "junk" and whether these risks fall into the "certain", "likely", "unlikely" or "crying wolf" categories, please. That way I will be able to build a risk matrix and have some guidance about the checks and balances in regard to whether I should bin my first generation Billion 8800NL which is delivering what seems to be a perfectly adequate service on my FTTC line.
Standard User ec5779
(newbie) Mon 08-Jul-19 23:24:57
Print Post

Thanks everyone for your replies.

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
it would not surprise me if it is a way to get people to update to fibre, lets slow ADSL down and get people to update with a great offer, then at the end of the offer, bump prices up.
not saying that they are doing it, just that it would not surprise me.

I know a couple of people still on ADSL and they get slowdowns, they are not on Plusnet, I would not be surprised if the providers don't start increasing ADSL prices to push people to fibre

This was my initial suspicion too. Especially as the first few engineers who turned up were all saying how much better Fibre was.

However since then plusnet have sent 8 openreach engineers, and have even done a 'lift and shift', so its unlikely they would have put that much effort into trying to improve the service if this was a deliberate ploy to get people to shift to Fibre. I'm guessing it would be cheaper just to pay the difference between the ADSL service and the Fibre service for 12 months rather than waste all that effort on engineers.
Standard User scopio
(committed) Tue 09-Jul-19 00:58:08
Print Post

There "could" be some truth ISP's drop performance to get people to upgrade to fibre my exchange is not that far away from my house and I used to get nearly or even just above 17Mbps down and 0.7Mbps up for ages and now I get 16+Mbps down, which still is reasonably acceptable but the up speed keeps going down to as little as 0.4Mbps up which is disappointing!

PC Full Tower - Self Build OS Windows 10 64bit Laptop Dell Inspiron 1545 - OS Windows 8.1 Home Premium 32bit Stardock8
ISP was O2 All Rounder now PlusNet Unlimited Broadband SamKnows Whitebox connected on 14:02:2013
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/13669...
http://speedtest.net/result/2668600210.png
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 09-Jul-19 06:44:18
Print Post

i updated it last week to a new update, I thought it may have solved my problem, but it has not.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 09-Jul-19 06:47:33
Print Post

This was my initial suspicion too. Especially as the first few engineers who turned up were all saying how much better Fibre was.

However since then plusnet have sent 8 openreach engineers, and have even done a 'lift and shift', so its unlikely they would have put that much effort into trying to improve the service if this was a deliberate ploy to get people to shift to Fibre. I'm guessing it would be cheaper just to pay the difference between the ADSL service and the Fibre service for 12 months rather than waste all that effort on engineers.

i suppose it depends if you are playing ball or not, if plusnet thinks they will lose a customer they may decide to help you with ADSL.

i presume eventually ADSL will vanish, just like dial-up has more or less, but it will be a while and providers will try to keep custiomers even on an ADSL service.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 09-Jul-19 06:51:20
Print Post

[re: scopio] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by scopio:
There "could" be some truth ISP's drop performance to get people to upgrade to fibre my exchange is not that far away from my house and I used to get nearly or even just above 17Mbps down and 0.7Mbps up for ages and now I get 16+Mbps down, which still is reasonably acceptable but the up speed keeps going down to as little as 0.4Mbps up which is disappointing!

your problem if you can call it a problem may be due to anything, congestion, cables a bit iffy, i don't that would be your provider slowing it down. If they were doing that i expect it to be reduced even more, unless they are doing it slowly.

But, I would not be surprised if some providers did not slow it down. I wish I could get 17Mb/s on ADSL or 16, I would think about going back if it was cheaper.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 09-Jul-19 08:39:51
Print Post

If the problem is between the cabinet and you, switching to FTTC may be affected in just the same way and result in more engineers investigating speeds below expectation.

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User jabuzzard
(member) Tue 09-Jul-19 13:43:26
Print Post

[re: GonePostal] [link to this post]

The risk is real and I have personally seen a Linksys ADSL router with WiFi get compromised over the internet with no available firmware updates. I would say the Billion most likely suffers from this flaw

https://blog.netlab.360.com/bcmpupnp_hunter-a-100k-b...

Billion devices are on the list and the flaw dates back to 2013 so who knows. There will almost certainly be a bunch of other flaws especially in it's WiFi implementation.

I have also seen a TalkTalk supplied router get compromised most likely again over the internet. Finally I have also seen a Billion WiFi access point get hacked. That said most people would likely not have been aware of either compromise as they where quite subtle in their effects. In all three cases the hardware was perfectly functional, just no updates where available. I have no more data because the hacked TalkTalk router was the last straw and everything was replaced across the family by that time with stuff that is still supported even four years later. Applied an update last weekend, and I am expecting an update for the Edgerouter any day now for a potential denial of service attack.

A Vigor 120 v2 ADSL modem, an Edgerouter X-SFP and a UniFi AC-lite is less than a years internet subscription and all under maintenance and likely under maintenance for many years to come. If you upgrade your internet connection you can just swap out the Vigor 120 for something that supports your new internet connection say a Vigor 130 for VDSL etc. You would need a rather expensive internet connection (better than a 330/50 FTTP to cause problems for the Edgerouter).

Cheaper would be a Vigor 120 v2 ADSL of eBay for £15 and a Mikrotik RouterBoard hAP AC Lite, probably £75 all in and again likely to be supported for many years to come. Heck if you are happy with the WiFi from a BIllion 8800NL then a MikroTik RouterBoard hAP Lite with a Vigor 120 would do the trick for under £40.

The point is devices with long term support are cheap, so why take the risk? That said most ISP will send you a new device out every couple of years for the postage which is better than something that is ancient though not exactly environmentally friendly. I also feel that simply applying updates is a lot less hassle than configuring replacement kit.
Standard User GonePostal
(member) Tue 09-Jul-19 17:19:58
Print Post

Thanks for that comprehensive explanation. As the final link in constructing a risk profile how big is the dataset of routers from which you draw your three examples?
Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Wed 10-Jul-19 12:35:23
Print Post

Don't worry about it. If people had issues with modem/routers then this forum would be overrun.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User GonePostal
(member) Wed 10-Jul-19 23:16:40
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

Until we have some idea of the scale of the problem, "Don't worry about it" offers as much confidence as the original statements implying we are all doomed. I can't help but be worried until we find out whether the sample of 3 compromised modem/routers is from a dataset of 10 (in which case I would be very worried) or a dataset of several miilion (in which case I might be prepared to accept the stated risks).

After all, the doomsday scenario in this topic is also caveated with information that the router/modem may appear to be working correctly and normally so there is doubt about whether such scenarios would be recognised by users and then reported.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 11-Jul-19 09:30:00
Print Post

I don't think you'll find much in the way of solid stats available. There are some scare stories that appear in the press for time to time but little in the way of solid data around router hacks. I have seen more hacks of home CCTV cameras, TVs and printers than I have of routers directly - that doesn't mean they haven't happened but that whatever the hack may have been people haven't noticed.

If you are really worried then you will probably have to carry out your own research (ie via Google) and deciding based on that what level of risk you are willing to take.
Standard User jabuzzard
(member) Thu 11-Jul-19 11:02:15
Print Post

From my personal experience it represents a very high percentage of models that where being used in my family. We now use a mixture of Draytek, Ubiquiti and custom Linux boxes. I am not saying they are perfect, but at least they still get updates when there are security issues, so I have the option of securing them unlike your standard consumer grade stuff where a few years after release the vendor stops providing updates and you are SOL. I think the only one that was not hacked was the Technicolor TG582n from PlusNet. It was in for about ~4 years at my sisters though the WiFi was never very good and it was replaced with a Draytek setup. As far as I can tell they never upgraded the firmware.

It sort of depends how long you keep the router, with the longer it is kept the more likely it is to have security problems. The Linksys router was ~8 years old I think when it was hacked. I am not sure how old the TalkTalk one was, probably the same age.

If you don't mind replacing them every few years then it is likely not a problem. I one don't like doing that, and generally all in one devices no longer cut it for WiFi coverage for my family so we have upgraded to far more robust solutions. Further as it is generally me sorting out the family's IT problems if they want to go against my advice they are free to do so but I won't support them. Having problems with your WiFi coverage using ISP provided router, I am not interested... On the other hand if it's my recommend solution then expect comprehensive support getting it fixed. Oh and I will also make sure the firmware is up to date for you.
Standard User gary333
(regular) Thu 11-Jul-19 16:07:27
Print Post

What do you mean by hacked, what exactly did they do / effects seen?
(knowledge is power) Thu 11-Jul-19 18:04:57
Print Post

Keep all devices updated, firewalled and antivirused and what is there no worry about?

It's being hooked by dodgy calls from 'their bank', police etc and emails from HRMC, TV licencing, etc that people need to be worried about!

Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Thu 11-Jul-19 18:54:31
Print Post

In reply to a post by broadband66:
Keep all devices updated, firewalled and antivirused and what is there no worry about?

It's being hooked by dodgy calls from 'their bank', police etc and emails from HRMC, TV licencing, etc that people need to be worried about!

+1

The biggest virus out there isn't hardware or software based. Its called human stupidity negligence, such as running an unsecured wifi network or clicking on dodgy email links promising £££s in exchange for your bank login details. Education is the key smile

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30 Mbps
Linksys EA9500v2
Standard User GonePostal
(member) Thu 11-Jul-19 23:25:40
Print Post

In reply to a post by broadband66:
Keep all devices updated, . . .

That's the whole point of the current off-topic discussion. If you are using hardware which no longer gets firmware updates from the manufacturer to connect to the outside world we all know you are at risk. What is the actual level of risk and what are the potential downsides? Then we will have an indication of how seriously we should be worrying.

So far the off-topic discussion has generated lots of waffle including advice from "It'll be alright on the night" to "We're all doomed". It is very difficult for the average user to make sense of this as the advice has been often purveyed by people whose other postings indicate that they are more knowledgeable than most on matters technological. In which of these experts should I and many others place our trust?

Edited by GonePostal (Thu 11-Jul-19 23:31:44)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 12-Jul-19 00:30:11
Print Post

As has been said, if ISP-issued routers were a security problem that would have spawned many threads over the years even before FTTC was introduced.

It isn't even a storm in a teacup. More like a single drip of water from a tap once every twenty-three days two hours 14 minutes 18 seconds into a washing-up bowl of water, and panicking over it over-flowing into the sink and out through the open drain hole before being emptied anyway.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
(knowledge is power) Fri 12-Jul-19 12:04:14
Print Post

Ok!. I had a modem/router for 6 years that had never been updated. I had NO ISSUES with hackers.

Is that plain enough?

(knowledge is power) Tue 16-Jul-19 13:24:03
Print Post

"Until we have some idea of the scale of the problem,"

These forums would be crammed with users if their networks were being hacked.

No need to PM me. Just be open!

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 16-Jul-19 13:49:50
Print Post

He PM'ed me too on Friday, with quite unacceptable content. I replied reprimanding him for it and got a nonsensical reply.

My threat in my reply to that after waiting a couple of days, that I would be reporting misuse of the PM system if he didn't pack it in, I hope has worked.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User GonePostal
(member) Tue 16-Jul-19 15:45:51
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Here is the full and unedited text of the nonsensical reply. I'll let others make their judgement.

"In regard to the Forum postings, I think you are confusing hot under the collar with mickey-taking.

Apologies if you took the PM the wrong way. Calm down was meant entirely humorously and not as an insult. "

Edited by GonePostal (Tue 16-Jul-19 15:46:47)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 16-Jul-19 17:36:30
Print Post

I'm afraid that playing dirty by posting an out of context part of a PM conversation just makes you look worse in my eyes.

You may not be aware that although the site owners and staff do not routinely examine PMs, they do have the ability so to do if a complaint is received about PMs received from someone.

In the light of this continuing unacceptable behaviour I'm tempted to make an official complaint which could cause that happen. However I'm not tempted to post here any contents of the exchange of PMs.

Having said that, I am certain that your opening one would give rise to universal disapproval. You have two posters here complaining about your PMs to them. Doesn't that suggest to you that you are doing something wrong?

As for the horse you are flogging in this forum, it is so dead it makes John Cleese's parrot look like a noisy chick.

Your best course of action would be for you to delete the post I'm replying to. Then I could delete this one. You have until 03:45:50 to do that wink, but that would be hours too late for me to remove this one.

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 16-Jul-19 17:37:20)

Standard User GonePostal
(member) Tue 16-Jul-19 23:12:43
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Go away and try and bully someone who is frightened of you.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 17-Jul-19 00:55:12
Print Post

G'nite smile.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to