General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User spectator
(member) Tue 18-Feb-20 10:05:45
Print Post

Re: Plusnet Slammed me!

[re: gomezz] [link to this post]

Perhaps something like the account/circuit number of the losing ISP (which is only known to the customer) should be provided to the gaining ISP when the order is placed. When the cease is sent to the losing ISP they they have an additional crosscheck reference to match against.

In this case, the person ordering from Plusnet wouldn't know the Origin account number and so it would ring alarm bells at Origin.
Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 18-Feb-20 12:22:34
Print Post

[re: spectator] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by spectator:
In this case, the person ordering from Plusnet wouldn't know the Origin account number and so it would ring alarm bells at Origin.

Except the current process would have worked had Origin sent the letter they should have out..

So the your idea would have made no difference.

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/
To Infinity
Wats SUP doc.... You using too much.....
Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Wed 19-Feb-20 20:09:24
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

It may have been the case that the person ordering put in the post code and a drop down list appeared but they highlighted the wrong one.

I've, initially, done that in the past but realised my mistake and gone back and changed to the correct address.

As plenty of people point out that they are dyslexic maybe the person ordering had dyscalculia.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bounderboy
(learned) Mon 24-Feb-20 12:25:47
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

Ok quick update.

Service was resumed Friday Morning. Total down time 11 days.

Asked plusnet & origin for full explanations to resolve my complain against both.

Origin responded within a day with following:

have investigated your complaint in full, I can see that:
10/02/2020:- Plusnet slammed the line. Their reason given was genuine error and they released the line back to us after they were unable to contact their customer that triggered the order.
In regards to not being informed in advance this is our fault
1, The notification did not hit our front line manual systems in time for us to directly make you aware of it
2, The automatic customer notification run by automation was not triggered to advise you in time so you could contact us to make us aware of the issue in time
This failure is still under investigation internally at this time to discover how it occurred and to ensure it does not happen again.
Practical action, the service has been restored confirmed by yourself and Jag is currently working on having the landline number restored and has provided an eta of 24 working hours.

Financial reward, I'm afraid I cannot offer your suggested £8.00 per day. I can offer one month worth of service £28.48 worth of credit to the account for the 11 days without.

In reference to additional mobile data used in this time if you can supply receipts for the data used I can investigate financial reimbursement for this up to £25.00

Like any growing business, one of our greatest assets is our reputation. The honest opinions of our customers help us to learn from our mistakes and improve on the service we currently provide.
We recognise in this instance that Origin Broadband has failed to meet the expectations of the customer.

We apologise for this and have taken on-board all the information you have given us to better influence our procedures in the future.

As responses go it was quick, honest and comprehensive. Feel the compensation is a little shy of what I hoped as I needed to get money back for router I had to buy. Also there is some intangibles that are hard is to work out like us having to use our own data which is now running very low that hasn't cost extra as such but meant an adjustment..

Anyway Origins response seemed reasonable for sure.. I am expecting Plusnet to hide for a bit now rather than respond but we will see..

Thanks again all for listening over so many posts!
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Mon 24-Feb-20 15:24:10
Print Post

[re: bounderboy] [link to this post]

I'm pleased to read that you're back with your original ISP.

Why does Origin keeping using the word "slammed"? Surely Plusnet were acting in good faith in taking over the line although I feel they should have released it quicker than they did once they were made aware of the problem. The blame has to fall entirely on Origin for failing to notify you that your line was being moved, something they admit to but seem to imply the fault lies with Plusnet rather than themselves. A shame that Origin don't subscribe to the OFCOM compensation scheme, perhaps they have a history of too many similar errors to afford to do so.
Standard User bounderboy
(learned) Mon 24-Feb-20 15:43:43
Print Post

Re: Plusnet Slammed me! *DELETED* *DELETED*

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

Post deleted by bounderboy
Standard User mrmarktigger
(member) Mon 24-Feb-20 18:26:49
Print Post

In reply to a post by bounderboy:
Ok quick update.

Service was resumed Friday Morning. Total down time 11 days.

Asked plusnet & origin for full explanations to resolve my complain against both.

Origin responded within a day with following:

1, The notification did not hit our front line manual systems in time for us to directly make you aware of it
2, The automatic customer notification run by automation was not triggered to advise you in time so you could contact us to make us aware of the issue in time

Glad to hear you are back online @bounderboy smile

Hopefully they will inform you of the results of their investigation soon.
Standard User mrmarktigger
(member) Mon 24-Feb-20 18:47:16
Print Post

P.S. They mentioned "'in time" 3 times in two sentences.

I wonder what date they received that notification that "run by" both their automated system and their manual system, so they could not contact you " in time "?

Edited by mrmarktigger (Mon 24-Feb-20 18:52:20)

Standard User bounderboy
(learned) Tue 25-Feb-20 15:17:38
Print Post

[re: mrmarktigger] [link to this post]

It is all very odd for sure.. and probably unfortunate. I have asked origin to increase their offer

- 1mths Line rental credit - half of that was out of service!
- £50 compensation

Otherwise, otherwise I will push through ombudsman and take up a new line elsewhere forthwith.

Which seems reasonable to me..
Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Thu 27-Feb-20 11:49:20
Print Post

Is this a business line? If so then you may have suffered a loss.

I would suspect that all you are legally entitled to is compensation for time without a working telephone line and internet access.

As you were, by your own admission, without services for 15 days then 30 days credit seems fair.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to