General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 11-Feb-20 17:54:53
Print Post

Re: Plusnet/Origin Slammed me!

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Ah, thanks for that Matt.

I didn't know that was the case. I thought one of the reasons for the change of system from the old MAC one was to hide the old provider ID from the new, and vice versa.

I am absolutely sure I can rely on what you say smile. It's probable I've been misled in the past by CS who had no involvement or knowledge of the detail of the technicalities of migration.

What is odd however is that Ofcom seem to be under the same impression as myself, as quoted by the OP:-
In reply to a post by bounderboy:
Although you mentioned that PlusNet disconnected the service, it is unclear how Origin Broadband obtained this information. To find out for certain exactly what has occurred with your line and if any order has been placed, I have requested further information from Openreach. Openreach is the independent organisation which maintains the BT network. They have an accurate record of which company is providing service on a particular phone line at any time, and if an order was placed for your line, they should have a record of it. I should explain that Openreach can only if the phone line has been taken over, we cannot obtain information on the broadband only; however, we usually find that providers tend to take over both services simultaneously.
Could it be that the drafters of the regulation don't/didn't know that Openreach display that information?

(Interestingly whoever wrote email from Ofcom made a mess of the final sentence, or it was corrupted during the edit by the OP, but that's irrelevant to the discussion).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Tue 11-Feb-20 18:00:13
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Could it be that the drafters of the regulation don't/didn't know that Openreach display that information?

Anything is possible.

Either way, on losing orders you see the gaining CP via their unique Ofcom issued RID; that is used when the order placed.

I suspect Ofcom will get a response from Openreach saying that the losing provider are provided that information so it can be shared with the end user to ensure that any migration order seen is as expected; essentially a sanity check if the customer isn't sure the order is one they are expecting to see etc.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
uno Speedtest
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 11-Feb-20 18:16:24
Print Post

Ta smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrmarktigger
(member) Tue 11-Feb-20 18:28:43
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

It's nothing to do with any isp. It's Openreach faulty workmanship.

Freeserve 0800 Dial-up with Hayes Accura External 336/56k fax modem via com port 2.
Standard User gary333
(committed) Tue 11-Feb-20 18:37:18
Print Post

Re: Plusnet Slammed me!

[re: jabuzzard] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jabuzzard:
In reply to a post by ian72:
PlusNet did their job.

Nope, they lied about data protection issues. That is they refused point blank as required to disclose all the information they had about someone (it's their line) and then refused to correct the wrong information that they had once informed it was wrong.

I am not sure you are correct here as the line is not the property of the customer, and the original 'provider' and customer of the line is via an unconnected (legal) entity.

As far as Plusnet are concerned the original user of the line is not one of their customers. As the line has had no objection against it (due to bad process from old supplier) the line has been migrated over to their (Plusnet) system.

In this scenario Plusnet should not be providing any PII (personally identifiiable information) of the person who has signed up with them as that would be a breach of GDPR (unless the sign-up was made in the OP's name).

Really the burden should fall to Origin as they have broken their regulatory requirements along with the contract with the customer. It should not b e down to the customer of Origin to make any contact with Plusnet.

Because Plusnet have been notified they should be performing their internal checks, and investigating. However, sharing who signed up with them should not be happening, so sounds like the process (albeit poor for the OP) is running at least from a following of GDPR as it should.
Standard User bounderboy
(newbie) Tue 11-Feb-20 18:50:43
Print Post

[re: mrmarktigger] [link to this post]

An update from Plusnet:

Good afternoon Mr. C

Thank you for your time on the phone today, I am pleased that we were able to speak directly about your phone number issue.

Thank you for raising your query with our former CEO Andy Baker and I do apologise that you have had to do so.

My name is *** and I work in the Customer Advocates team that deals with complaints. I will now be taking personal ownership of the complaint for you and will keep you updated throughout the process.

I am sorry that your phone and broadband services have been taken over by Plusnet as from Monday 10/02/20, and for the inconvenience that this is causing you. I appreciate that this has left you in an awkward position, and that your current provider Origin has advised you that it can take 14 days for them to takeover the services.

I understand that you spoke to a colleague C*** in the Provisioning team yesterday when you were aware of what had happened, and that he had advised you of the steps that he would take.

He tried to contact our customer yesterday to clarify the details, and to check the address and landline number, and I have tried again today several times to establish contact, so far without success.

I will continue to try to make contact, in order to see how and where the error has occurred. As I cannot take any action regarding the phone line until this contact is made, I will continue to try, and I will let you know as soon as I have.

I apologise for the delay in the meantime, and for the disruption that this is causing you.

Thank you again for your time.

Warm regards,

I really don't care why - just release my line!!

I have just heard from Orgin too: They are still trying to get Plusnet to release the line and can't do anything except chasng till they do - they are updating me at 12pm tomorrow..

I am going to send PlusNet a reply - is GDPR appropriate to mention as mentioned by Jabuzzard. ? They never had my phone number or name - until i gave it to them - but obviously they had my address on record to initiate the transfer. I am the houseowner too. I am so tempted to go knocking on doors...!!

Also someone mentioned receiving a router - not received anything no. Which is odd itself. If I had I would be opening it up now and plugging it in!

The saga continues thanks for reading through and commenting...
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Tue 11-Feb-20 19:03:59
Print Post

[re: bounderboy] [link to this post]

I am going to send PlusNet a reply - is GDPR appropriate to mention as mentioned by Jabuzzard. ? They never had my phone number or name - until i gave it to them - but obviously they had my address on record to initiate the transfer. I am the houseowner too. I am so tempted to go knocking on doors...!!

Unlikely. If they didn't have the number, it sounds like whoever placed this order did so accidentally. It could have been as simple as just selecting the wrong address from the drop down and not double checking.

Likewise, Plusnet may have re-numbered this line as part of a line takeover.

There are lots of unknowns and it sounds like the right people at Plusnet are on the case but in reality, they didn't do anything wrong and have acted in good faith. They have accepted an order from a customer, which appears to have been placed at the wrong address by that person.

Matt

uno Communications
uno Speedtest
(member) Tue 11-Feb-20 19:15:17
Print Post

Forget orders and all that [censored].... Openreach just screwed it up!!

Freeserve 0800 Dial-up with Hayes Accura External 336/56k fax modem via com port 2.
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Tue 11-Feb-20 19:17:19
Print Post

[re: mrmarktigger] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mrmarktigger:
Forget orders and all that [censored].... Openreach just screwed it up!!

I may have missed the post but where has it been determined that Openreach have screwed up? They'll do as told. They had an order from Plusnet, they actioned that. They had the losing notification generated on the backend system at the losing provider which didn't get to their main system.

Matt

uno Communications
uno Speedtest
(member) Tue 11-Feb-20 19:20:16
Print Post

I'm amazed that boll**ox it censored on here...... how sad!!!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to