General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrmarktigger
(member) Tue 11-Feb-20 19:21:53
Print Post

Re: Plusnet/Origin Slammed me!

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Rubbish.... Look at my earlier post that you have missed!!

Freeserve 0800 Dial-up with Hayes Accura External 336/56k fax modem via com port 2.
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Tue 11-Feb-20 19:24:01
Print Post

[re: mrmarktigger] [link to this post]

I've read it but these appear to be two different issues. It's easy to say "rubbish" without knowing all the facts, which still, to this point, are not known.

Your issue appears to just be a mistake when switching a cable which was fixed next day. The OP has actually had their line taken by another order and won't be a simple cable switch and is not an Openreach mistake.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
uno Speedtest

Edited by uno (Tue 11-Feb-20 19:25:10)

Standard User mrmarktigger
(member) Tue 11-Feb-20 19:43:17
Print Post

Rubbish!!! Same thing backwards!!!!!!

Freeserve 0800 Dial-up with Hayes Accura External 336/56k fax modem via com port 2.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Tue 11-Feb-20 21:39:35
Print Post

It's nothing to do with any isp. It's Openreach faulty workmanship.
The problem has nothing whatsoever to do with Openreach or faulty workmanship. The problem appears to be that PlusNet intiated a change of supplier based on incorrect information supplied by a new customer of PlusNet compounded and exacerbated by Origin's failure to notify the OP as required by OFCOM that his line was being moved to another supplier.
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Tue 11-Feb-20 21:40:49
Print Post

Forget orders and all that [censored].... Openreach just screwed it up!!
Yet more clueless rubbish. Get a grip and read what happened.
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Tue 11-Feb-20 21:42:25
Print Post

Rubbish!!! Same thing backwards!!!!!!
Please try and read and understand the OP's problem and its cause before posting.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 11-Feb-20 22:40:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by mrmarktigger:
It's nothing to do with any isp. It's Openreach faulty workmanship.
As you might have gathered from other responses, one at least being infinitely more authorative than myself, you seem to have no clue whatsoever about how the migration system works, and how little influence Openreach have over it other than processing orders from (their) customers (ISPs/CPs) wink.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 11-Feb-20 22:41:44)

Standard User bounderboy
(newbie) Wed 12-Feb-20 10:19:37
Print Post

In reply to a post by uno:
In reply to a post by mrmarktigger:
Forget orders and all that [censored].... Openreach just screwed it up!!

I may have missed the post but where has it been determined that Openreach have screwed up? They'll do as told. They had an order from Plusnet, they actioned that. They had the losing notification generated on the backend system at the losing provider which didn't get to their main system.

Matt

This is a correct round up - as Uno and others said the stuff about openreach is not the problem I am having or ever suggested having.. This just clouding the original problem.

Anyway I will wait till 12pm - fingerscrossed. Not holding much hope.
Standard User bounderboy
(newbie) Wed 12-Feb-20 14:20:05
Print Post

[re: bounderboy] [link to this post]

No update from either party sigh.... Had to chase.

I know I am being hyper zealous but can't let it go...
Standard User bounderboy
(newbie) Wed 12-Feb-20 15:13:35
Print Post

[re: bounderboy] [link to this post]

Not sure if this is interesting but heard from Origin; they have had no more contact from Plusnet. And suggested I poke them if I can. Well I have....

I did phone Ofcom and they were very nice but they kind of confirmed what others have said.

The only code break really was Origin not contacting me about the cease at all. It is in PlusNets rights to keep hold of the line until they understand where the problem has happened. There is no way to pressure them to release the line quicker - well not officially anyway - or any timescale for doing so. Lady I spoke to seemed unconcerned about Plusnets details being given out by Origin - to be honest I would feel even more helpless if they hadn't/couldn't or wouldn't...

Anyway saga goes on... Weekend and Half term approaching joy
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to