General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bounderboy
(learned) Thu 13-Feb-20 10:14:36
Print Post

Re: Plusnet/Origin Slammed me!

[re: gary333] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gary333:
Although if you are out of contract theyíll probably just give you the run around and shrug their shoulders and say computer says no. So itíll need to be complain time.

I am out of my fixed term contract - so could leave if I wanted to - does this class me as being out of contract with an ISP? However as we know I had no intention of leaving.

Do I start talking compensation or do I wait to see what their response is to my complaint.? I have already informed OFCOM so I have probably burnt that leverage smile

To be honest I just want to concentrate on getting it back quicker than 25th Feb as it stands now..
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 13-Feb-20 12:56:24
Print Post

[re: bounderboy] [link to this post]

You are still in contract with them, you just aren't getting a preferential deal for signing up to a minimum period. Likelihood is you have a rolling 1 month contract/notice period.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 13-Feb-20 13:52:40
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

As long as what seems likely to end up as a normal inward migration doesn't automatically start a new minimum term. That could of course then be argued against, with considerable force, as the whole problem appears to have been a failure in Origin back office systems.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 13-Feb-20 15:20:53
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Indeed - the OP has never broken contract and the only reason it has moved away is because Origin didn't send the letter - it would be very easy to argue that it is Origin's error and therefore the OP should not be left out of pocket due to this.

I have to say I think the OP has shown an amazing level of calm so far and am impressed with their approach to the problem.
Standard User bounderboy
(learned) Thu 13-Feb-20 15:51:30
Print Post

Spoke to Plusnet again ... and played good cop, as a new person that was looking after it.

he was really helpful. Still unable to get hold of the customer. They have tried Emailing, Phone and texting ("him") customer. And the texts are not just standard ones but personally written ones. They said perhaps they have gone on holiday - but who doesn't get texts on holiday.

He explained that in some cases they don't need to send a router as in some cases the person is just moving house and taking it with them perhaps. He can't speak in this case specifically of course.

After pressing him more he came up with idea of listening to the call where the order was placed to see if there was an obvious mistake from the operator when the address was being taken for the new line.
And I am hoping I tweaked his interest to go full Inspector Clouseau and check that they are not the ones making a mistake.. Obviously if the caller said my address I am in same position but it feels an avenue of enquiry.

He said the cut off point for trying to contact customer and admitting the mistake in ordering is basically the take over Origin have planned. They would not block the transfer from happening or anything. Which I already knew but at least their policy is clearer to me.

Anyway fingers crossed the phone call digs something up...
Standard User jabuzzard
(committed) Thu 13-Feb-20 16:14:20
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
PlusNet are committing fraud
I think if you were to ask your brother about this, you would find the worst offence (if any) Plusnet could be accused of would be a tort. Not fraud as you have (boringly) claimed several times in the thread.

Read the Fraud Act 2006. Fraud is the use of false information that results in a loss to a party. PlusNet used false information which has resulted in a loss to a party. That's not fraud because?

On the subject of incorrect words, I suggest you also look up the meaning of "loose", which you have used many times. It is nothing at all to do with the verb "to lose". It is an adjective, frequently used in association with the noun "screw".

Would it be fine to poke at a physically disabled persons disability? Nope. I am dyslexic, perhaps you should think twice next time.
Standard User jabuzzard
(committed) Thu 13-Feb-20 16:26:53
Print Post

[re: gary333] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gary333:
Iíd be demanding at least 3 months free service on top of ensuring they donít charge you for the time youíve been without service. Itís the least Iíd expect for such a mess which would have been avoided if they had followed the required regulated process. Although if you are out of contract theyíll probably just give you the run around and shrug their shoulders and say computer says no. So itíll need to be complain time.

There is no such thing as being "out of contract" there is either a contract and Origin provide a service or there is not and they don't. I have repeatedly heard my brother comment on this nonsense companies put out. It's like 101 contract law.

I would also note that Origin could have provided the notice as required and it could have got lost in a post, or the customer could have been on that three week holiday of a lifetime to the Galapagos islands and returned home to find the letter and no internet service.

The purpose of the notifying the customer is to reduce mistaken transfers and keep the resulting fallout, out of the courts. It does not excuse PlusNet's continuing behaviour after being notified of the fault, neither is Origin's failure a mistake. It is quite possible that had the notification been sent by Origin that PlusNet would just have resubmitted the order again. They have form to do that.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 13-Feb-20 16:30:07
Print Post

[re: jabuzzard] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jabuzzard:
Would it be fine to poke at a physically disabled persons disability? Nope. I am dyslexic, perhaps you should think twice next time.
That isn't dyslexia. It is plain ignorance. (Easy enough to count the number of "o"s). As is not knowing the difference between a fraud and a tort. Nor did I poke fun at you, I expressed disapproval.

Nor is dyslexia a physical disability. I suggest anyone suffering from it would know that. Whether you have a physical disability, (which I could not know), or not is completely irrelevant to spelling mistakes or dyslexia. I accept it is possible to have both a physical disability and dyslexia but there is no necessary connection.

So - find out the difference between a fraud and a tort, and in future please count the number of "o"s when you mean the verb "lose".

Your main aim in the thread seems to be to create chaos anyway. Everybody else is pointing out that Plusnet are not prima facie at fault. and the OP has been told by Origin that they failed to notify him of the fact the line and broadband were being taken away from them.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
Standard User jabuzzard
(committed) Thu 13-Feb-20 16:32:11
Print Post

As long as what seems likely to end up as a normal inward migration doesn't automatically start a new minimum term. That could of course then be argued against, with considerable force, as the whole problem appears to have been a failure in Origin back office systems.

Nope legally the problem was PlusNet misrepresenting themselves to Openreach as acting with the authority of the person holding the "ownership" of the line. That is there was a legally binding contract with Origin that only Origin and/or the original poster where entitled to terminate. PlusNet misrepresented themselves as acting on behalf of the original poster (they were not) and terminated the contract. In law the contract is not terminated because PlusNet didn't have authority to terminate the contract.
Standard User jabuzzard
(committed) Thu 13-Feb-20 16:39:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by jabuzzard:
That isn't dyslexia. It is plain ignorance. (Easy enough to count the number of "o"s). As is not knowing the difference between a fraud and a tort. Nor did I poke fun at you, I expressed disapproval.

Clearly you don't know how dyslexia works, because yes that is very much the result of my dyslexia.

You most likely think going around passing comments on someones physical disability is unacceptable, but if someone has a mental disability (specific learning disabilities of which dyslexia is one count) it is just peachy. It's not and you should be suitable chastened. If you where my boss and had done that in a work place could be in for a whole world of hurt. I would be filing a grievance right now with HR.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to