General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Thu 13-Feb-20 22:56:13
Print Post

Re: Plusnet/Origin Slammed me!

[re: bounderboy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bounderboy:
Well as you can see I did some investigating and found a Company Name registered at my address - now i Have been here 2 1/2 years and never seen this Company Name before - so I think this has been done recently.

If that is te case then I suggest you get straight onto Companies House and inform them of a company misrepresenting themselves. It may be a genuine mistake however Companies House should investigate it as a potential fraudulent registration.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User mrmarktigger
(member) Fri 14-Feb-20 07:04:23
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by uno:
......The OP has actually had their line taken by another order and won't be a simple cable switch and is not an Openreach mistake.

Matt

That's exactly what happened in the case with my neighbours line. They had their line taken too.

When I phoned my isp to ask why I had no broadband, they did a line check for me and said why haven't you connected our new modem / router up that we sent you. We can still see your old Global 4 modem.
To that I replied, I have connected your new modem to my line, and I have never had a Global 4 modem.
However, I know one of my neighbours has a Global 4 modem.
To that the isp replied "Hold on a minute, the phone number of the line I just checked isn't your phone number. It looks like this could be your neighbours phone number". He then read out the number to me (which wasn't my number) and I wrote it down. I then went to my neighbour and asked if the number I had had been given by my isp was his number, and low and behold, it was his number.

Also my isp said I had both lines showing on my account (I only ordered one new line and was a new customer). And indeed the new telephone line I had worked as a telephone line on the correct new number they gave me. So there was no switch of services, it was a new install. So surely my isp wouldn't made a mistake and requested a new install and a switch of services at the same time. Could they? If so where did they get my neighbours number from, in order to switch their service?

When my neighbour phoned his isp, they said the line had been taken away. And was initially told they would have to wait 2 to 3 weeks before their service was reconnected.

When Openreach returned a few days to sort my neighbours out, they spent two whole days down various manholes where we live, trying to sort it out, before they got my neighbour back on line.

Freeserve 0800 Dial-up with Hayes Accura External 336/56k fax modem via com port 2.

Edited by mrmarktigger (Fri 14-Feb-20 11:17:45)

Standard User clyde123
(member) Fri 14-Feb-20 09:56:18
Print Post

[re: bounderboy] [link to this post]

Just want to say I think the OP has handled this situation very professionally, and with great patience.
He's been inconvenienced greatly, and yet has not stamped the feet and thrown all the toys out of the pram.

Commendably the OP has gone out of his way to try to solve whatever happened.
I thoroughly agree with the poster who suggested contacting Companies House and reporting a suspected illegal registration. That registration will already have got on the books at the credit reference agencies. It might all be genuine mistakes, and the new company might do wonderful things. But if in the future that company has any problems, there is a connection to the OP's credit agencies reports.

Separately I wonder whether these letters regularly get sent ? Postage is not cheap any more, and I wonder whether ISPs losing business might want to not spend more money on unproductive admin.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Feb-20 12:16:01
Print Post

[re: mrmarktigger] [link to this post]

This is an error by OR and NOT the same issue as posted by the op.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Feb-20 12:22:18
Print Post

[re: jabuzzard] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jabuzzard:
PlusNet had no legal right to remove the line from the customer, they achieved this by misrepresenting themselves to Openreach as acting with the legal authority of the customer.

Plusnet were acting in good faith on the details they were provided with by the customer wanting to move. So they were acting as requested.
So any misrepresenting was done by the person providing the details... Plusnet have to check with this customer before doing anything further.

For all plusnet know the OP has had a change of heart and is trying to wiggle out of the change. (no offence OP)

Really surprised that Plusnet have not already listened to the call, as that would have been the logical 1st point to check.

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/
To Infinity
Wats SUP doc.... You using too much.....
Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Feb-20 12:26:39
Print Post

Re: Plusnet Slammed me!

[re: jabuzzard] [link to this post]

Nobody lies about data protection as there are very few people who understand the new GDPR. Lots of companies hide behind GDPR but it turns out to be company policy for certain rules they impose.

See a lawyer not a judge.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Feb-20 16:23:54
Print Post

[re: clyde123] [link to this post]

Separately I wonder whether these letters regularly get sent ? Postage is not cheap any more, and I wonder whether ISPs losing business might want to not spend more money on unproductive admin.
If they decide to purposely not send letters then Ofcom will be going after them, it is an industry requirement to do this.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 14-Feb-20 17:05:14
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Email is perfectly acceptable as long as the customer opts in. (I'm fairly sure this is specified in the Ofcom regulation).

When I moved my phone line to pulse8 years ago there was no snail-mail between us from start to finish. I actually did have to sign a contract and agree to the Ts & Cs by typing on editable PDFs. Not totally foolproof, but better than tick-boxes splattered about.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
Standard User bounderboy
(learned) Fri 14-Feb-20 17:08:36
Print Post

Re: Plusnet Slammed me!

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

Thanks all it's good to know the thread is of interest and not just me moaning.. believe me if I thought throwing my toys out of pram would have worked I would have done laugh But never find that works..

The company name is just on my postcode checker - i can't see it on companies house so i doubt it is registered business name.....

Well heard nothing all day.. have bought 4G gear - and going to bite the bullet have fun setting it up and wait.. then hopefully claim it back from Origin..
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Feb-20 17:46:32
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
If they decide to purposely not send letters then Ofcom will be going after them, it is an industry requirement to do this.

It does not need to be an actual letter either. It can be another form of communication as long as this has been agreed beforehand, i.e email.

GC7.12 covers that so in this case, it is possible the person who ordered was sent an email.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
uno Speedtest

Edited by uno (Fri 14-Feb-20 22:38:07)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to