General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bounderboy
(learned) Fri 14-Feb-20 21:37:34
Print Post

Re: Plusnet/Origin Slammed me!

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Well I am back online care of 4G Tp-Link Router and a Superdrug unlimited sim for £20/month no contract smile

It cost me £75 for the router so will hopefully be able to wangle some compo to cover some of it!

Will keep you updated but gonna sit tight... Feel like making some calls on my "free" PlusNet phoneline now... the one they refuse to admit i have!
Standard User mrmarktigger
(member) Fri 14-Feb-20 23:26:21
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by broadband66:
This is an error by OR and NOT the same issue as posted by the op.

Exactly! and Thank You!

Freeserve 0800 Dial-up with Hayes Accura External 336/56k fax modem via com port 2.

Edited by mrmarktigger (Fri 14-Feb-20 23:47:25)

(member) Fri 14-Feb-20 23:34:21
Print Post

[re: bounderboy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bounderboy:
Well I am back online care of 4G Tp-Link Router and ..................
Will keep you updated but gonna sit tight... Feel like making some calls on my "free" PlusNet phoneline now... the one they refuse to admit i have!

I feel for you buddy! Please keep us all updated! ALL the best mate!

Freeserve 0800 Dial-up with Hayes Accura External 336/56k fax modem via com port 2.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bounderboy
(learned) Sat 15-Feb-20 16:50:17
Print Post

[re: mrmarktigger] [link to this post]

Well hi all. I have had a relaxing day.. Just chilling on my 4G internet. Just putting the last week to the side. And not even worrying if I have to wait till 25th for reinstatement or if something doesn't got to plan etc. etc.. it was £95 of investment but i am going to push to get a good chunk of that back anyway.

Anyway just had a phone call from Plusnet complaints team with an update. I nearly didn't answer as I wasn't that bothered lol. Anyway glad I did.

In a nutshell they have tried the customer again today and still no reply at all. She pushed this to the management team who have agreed as it has been 5 days that they have agreed to cease the line so that Origin can reclaim it more quickly than the 25th. She inferred my story and own investigations checks out.

I said it is very weird situation and she agreed. I asked if she managed to listen to the phone call and she said they are struggling with that and it appears to be a case of "slamming".

WHHAAT.. Plusnet just used the word "slamming" - this is very intriguing. Wish I had the call recorded.. Surely Plusnet would want to avoid that word at all costs as it is incredibly incriminating..

I asked her to follow up with email (copied below.) obviously didn't mention slamming smile

Anyway I am chilled and not rushing anything..

My next step will be to get a full written follow up to my complaint from both companies as to where the system failure happened and what they are going to do to resolve the complaint. And getting my line restored slightly quicker isn't suitable compensation to me at all. If I don't get suitable answers I will follow up the complaint with Ofcom https://www.ombudsman-services.org/ who should help get a proper answer and suitable restitution.

Anyway a good day I think.... thanks for listening..

Cheers

PS

Copy of update from Plusnet..

Hello Mr. ***,

Thank you for your time on the phone this afternoon.

I have followed up T**’s work yesterday, and as we have not been able to establish contact with the Plusnet customer , I referred this to the relevant manager for review.

It has been decided that the phone line is ceased for our customer, in order for your provider Origin to take action before the takeover date of 25/02/20.

As it can take 24 hours for the line cease to register with our suppliers BT, I would suggest that you contact Origin on Monday 17/02/20 to request that they place a Start of a Stopped Line (SOSL). This can take 24-48 hours to activate the phone. You can ask Origin to place an Urgent Service Restoration request (USR) once the phone order is completed. This will link up with our suppliers’ records in order to get your services up and running as quickly as possible.

Thank you again for your time and patience with this matter.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 15-Feb-20 21:23:33
Print Post

I see a very interesting post ….

Currently latest new thread in this forum, ISP Unhappiness.

When did your line go down? 4 February?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 15-Feb-20 21:32:27)

Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Sun 16-Feb-20 10:52:43
Print Post

I don't think you get it.

1. If OR make a mistake and connect the wires to another customer's line, say B - T when it should have been B - S, then that is OR's responsibility.

2. If OR are told to connect B - T and that is what they do then that is NOT their responsibility.

Scenario 1 is what you are talking about.

Scenario 2 is what everyone else on this Post is talking about.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Sun 16-Feb-20 10:56:38
Print Post

Re: Plusnet Slammed me!

Issues happen but it's the speed of correction of the issue that needs to change.

Surely Ofcom could set something up that can speed up the process when things like this happen.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 16-Feb-20 12:16:36
Print Post

Re: Plusnet Slammed me!

They did, in that if Origin had processed the notification and let you know, you could have prevented it happening. That is the basic reason for the 10 working days wait for a migration to take place. It isn't a period set by Openreach. It is required by Ofcom.

It has two stages. The gainer notifies you of what you are buying and other necessary information by letter or email, (you selecting your preference at order time unless they only use email and say so very early on), and the loser lets you know similarly of any final payments are conditions such as returning a router.

AIUI Origin could then have stopped the transfer at your request under Ofcom anti-slamming rules, GC7, Appendix 1, Clause 2(a) and following clauses.

That's assuming you had not received any notification at all from Plusnet, as if you had then your initial action should have been to respond to that telling Plusnet to cancel it. If they refused then once again the above Appendix 1 clauses come into effect and Origin could cancel the order.

Unfortunately, as neither of them seems to have let you know it was happening, none of that applies. But it is the reason for the 10 days. Plusnet should have pulled their finger out more quickly once the error was brought to their attention, to remove the need for that wait and allow the Urgent Transfer sooner.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
(member) Sun 16-Feb-20 19:57:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by broadband66:
I don't think you get it.

1. If OR make a mistake and connect the wires to another customer's line, say B - T when it should have been B - S, then that is OR's responsibility.

2. If OR are told to connect B - T and that is what they do then that is NOT their responsibility.

Scenario 1 is what you are talking about.

Scenario 2 is what everyone else on this Post is talking about.

I don't care really. I feel For the guy that's going through this issue. It's basically the same as what my neighbour went through, and I was only trying to bring that to his attention as a possible cause. Since all I have suggestested has only been attacked by others that have not even read or acknowledged all the details so far, I will not comment again on this matter..... Or any other matter again... Good bye

Edited by mrmarktigger (Sun 16-Feb-20 20:01:21)

Standard User bounderboy
(learned) Sun 16-Feb-20 20:19:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by mrmarktigger:
I don't care really. I feel For the guy that's going through this issue. It's basically the same as what my neighbour went through, and I was only trying to bring that to his attention as a possible cause. Since all I have suggestested has only been attacked by others that have not even read or acknowledged all the details so far, I will not comment again on this matter..... Or any other matter again... Good bye

Thanks for the concern it is appreciated but it isn't an openreach mistake - if either Plusnet or Orign could have blamed them that would have been what they would have done but both have admitted failings and how it has happened..

Anyway tomorrow I will be writing emails to both of them telling them what I expect for a resolution to my complaint and both's incompetence..
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to