General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 28-Feb-20 14:47:24
Print Post

Precursor to slamming??

[link to this post]

A bit of background first.

We have a BT phone line for speech and VDSL from Andrews & Arnold for broadband. Additionally we have a CallSign number on our phone line, originally for fax via a CallSign switch, now simply pick up if that different number used.

Yesterday, had a call on our CallSign number from Origin Broadband Sales. Told me that via social media they had received a message saying that I was interested in a broadband service from them. I said that I wasn't and asked what number they had been given (just in case he had misdialed it) he gave me our C/S number. So looks like the guy who had used social media had made that mistake.

Having read bounderboy's thread https://forums.thinkbroadband.com/unhappiness/f/4636... just the day before, certainly had me thinking.
One thing which I do not think they could have done is to have put my CallSign number into a checker. It is in effect a virtual number, since it is paired with our existing number and just gives a different cadence ring. A bit like trying to obtain broadband on a VoIP number.

At least with Andrews & Arnold, I don't think that anyone will be able to slam me.

Cheers!

Clive

Andrews & Arnold FTTC DrayTek Vigor 2762ac Cisco SPA112 and HUAWEI E5776 with O2 Data SIM
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 28-Feb-20 15:53:21
Print Post

Re: Precursor to slamming??

[re: Ancient_Mariner] [link to this post]

Why not ask Origin who posted them a message on Social media. Origin could ask them for their name and address and maybe they would like to have Origin BB.

Michael Chare
Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 28-Feb-20 16:36:04
Print Post

Re: Precursor to slamming??

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

I could give it a try, but I bet I get the usual GDPR response crazy

Cheers!

Clive

Andrews & Arnold FTTC DrayTek Vigor 2762ac Cisco SPA112 and HUAWEI E5776 with O2 Data SIM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to