General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 05-May-20 10:24:21
Print Post

Re: Origin Broadband - Evening Speed Issues

[re: bounderboy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bounderboy:
In reply to a post by RobertoS:
The Origin one, when clicked to show the graphs, is clear evidence of single thread congestion or speed limiting.

Thanks, what in the graphs do you think shows that?

I gave the signs to look for earlier in this topic!
I expect you'll find that the speeds of the x1 and x6 tests are very similar during the day but that in the evening the x1 test is significantly slower. If so that is a classic symptom of suppliers network congestion.

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8

Edited by jelv (Tue 05-May-20 10:28:23)

Standard User bounderboy
(regular) Wed 06-May-20 19:47:21
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jelv:
In reply to a post by bounderboy:
In reply to a post by RobertoS:
The Origin one, when clicked to show the graphs, is clear evidence of single thread congestion or speed limiting.

Thanks, what in the graphs do you think shows that?

I gave the signs to look for earlier in this topic!
I expect you'll find that the speeds of the x1 and x6 tests are very similar during the day but that in the evening the x1 test is significantly slower. If so that is a classic symptom of suppliers network congestion.

Thanks Jelv.. just learning and thought maybe there was something else I was missing - your advice was listened to, too

Spoke to Origin again tonight - there wasn;t even a fault logged on their system.. After weeks of talking to them and an engineer visit... Talked to a great guy tonight but going to have to start again sigh..
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Wed 06-May-20 22:58:56
Print Post

[re: bounderboy] [link to this post]

Personally after all these months I would have thought you had discovered that Origin are incompetent at the best of times such as failing to follow OFCOM rules when another ISP initiates a line move. I think the best thing you can do is ditch them and move to an ISP whose reputation isn't less than zero and instead select an ISP that will provide a sustainable service and offer decent value and support. Such ISPs exist however Origin isn't in that number.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User keymaster
(committed) Fri 08-May-20 09:40:49
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MCM:
Personally after all these months I would have thought you had discovered that Origin are incompetent at the best of times such as failing to follow OFCOM rules when another ISP initiates a line move. I think the best thing you can do is ditch them and move to an ISP whose reputation isn't less than zero and instead select an ISP that will provide a sustainable service and offer decent value and support. Such ISPs exist however Origin isn't in that number.

What he said, I listened to their lies and rubbish for months, always somebody elses fault, including mine yet when I left all the issues vanished. The guy that i thought was genuine and trying to help turned out to be the biggest liar - Origin were the worst ISP I have ever been with by a country mile.
lots of good ones on here for similar money, definitly I would do as above poster says.
K
Standard User sof006
(newbie) Fri 08-May-20 22:27:51
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MCM:

This. Literally this.

I was with them for about a year and experienced this constantly every day for a year. Their constant claims of "Oh we fixed it, we promise" only to be met with exactly the same issue time and time again.

Lets face it here, they can't fix it. Looking at reviews there are tons of people all complainig about exactly the same issues. This will never be fixed, Origin are clearly not interested in fixing the issue.
Standard User bounderboy
(regular) Fri 19-Jun-20 22:01:34
Print Post

[re: sof006] [link to this post]

Well just a minor update but I have instigated a move - I had my 2mths credit and am moving to Vodafone Business Broadband. you get 6mths free - hoping that they will have better infrastructure but we will find out next week I think..
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to