General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Tantalus
(regular) Mon 21-Sep-20 10:25:12
Print Post

Re: BT to PlusNet Nightmare

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I have a basic BT package, I have the free BT sport package but nothing more.There was a price increase not so long ago. I have a screen print of the latest quarter, but this forum will not allow me to post it. Figures are as follows: Sept £84.29, Aug £79.61, Jul £62.70.
Standard User Tantalus
(regular) Mon 21-Sep-20 10:29:20
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Two reasons. Firstly, I always provide full details of any problem I encounter. Secondly, PlusNet Customer Service said that uswitch had not worked.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 21-Sep-20 10:33:08
Print Post

[re: Tantalus] [link to this post]

What is the cost breakdown? The variability suggests you are paying for calls? If that is the case and the calls are a large part of your payment then getting a bolt on for unlimited calls may save you quite a bit. You can also just call BT and ask what they can do for you - they will look at your current package and usage and recommend an alternative - I suspect it will be at least £30 a month cheaper than you are currently paying and quite possibly even more of a saving than that. You would need to agree to a new minimum term but you would need to do that if you move to PlusNet anyway.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 21-Sep-20 10:34:29
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

+1

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
To argue with mindless bigots is foolish.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 21-Sep-20 10:44:20
Print Post

USwitch based on what I looked at just link you to the Plusnet website, there is no input of details on the USwitch site which are then passed to Plusnet, everything is typed in on the Plusnet website.

It may be Uswitch has linked to a product page that is actually dead over at Plusnet, but that is something Plusnet should have and redirect you to a live product page before letting you order. Plusnet page links change weekly or so due to the ever changing price offers.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Tantalus
(regular) Mon 21-Sep-20 10:49:49
Print Post

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

Good advice. I intended to keep the HH6 & configure accordingly.

Poor quality software is something everyone on this forum should be worried about.

Years ago I was with Tiscali who were subsequently taken over by TalkTalk. Soon afterwards I started receiving spoof telephone calls.

Agree with your comments on Edge & Chrome. Interestingly I tried Firefox and IE to sign in. Neither worked.I don't like the way PlusNet updates your cookie settings. BT works with the latest version of Firefox and there is no hassle with cookies.

PS:Wish there was some way to display screen prints on this forum.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Mon 21-Sep-20 11:40:54
Print Post

In reply to a post by Tantalus:
I have a basic BT package, I have the free BT sport package but nothing more.There was a price increase not so long ago. I have a screen print of the latest quarter, but this forum will not allow me to post it. Figures are as follows: Sept £84.29, Aug £79.61, Jul £62.70.

Have you spoken to BT retentions? 0800 800 030 - go through options I am considering leaving BT.

On their website, bt.com new customers are getting £29.99 for Fibre 2 which is a 76Mbps download. I have this price point on my second line, and it includes line rental. Out of contract price which it will rise to once my 24-month contract is up, is quoted on my email as £37.99.

I would ask if they can match their online price of £29.99 for fibre 2.

Are you making landline calls? £84.29 seems high and would suggest to me either some calls made or similar. If you are making calls often, consider a package for calls.

Have you had any emails or letters from BT which say we are sorry to see you leave and the PlusNet switchover date? These should be automatically generated if the PlusNet order went through. It will give you the switchover date, and then say "if you contact us within x days, we can stop the transfer."

Edited by ukhardy07 (Mon 21-Sep-20 11:42:24)

Standard User Malwaremike
(experienced) Mon 21-Sep-20 14:38:07
Print Post

I came the same road only I didn't get any spoof calls after the TT takeover -- in fact I got nothing at all because the ****s cut me off for almost eight weeks. Whatever they did blocked my line from other providers except for BT who arranged a new BB/phone connection. I stayed with BT for a few years until their charges became uncompetitive, the last straw being an additional monthly charge for their pathetic BT Yahoo email which was open to scammers.

Something is badly wrong if you are paying £80+ per month. Suggest you give PN another chance, accounts hassle is annoying but they offer excellent value for money.
Standard User Tantalus
(regular) Mon 21-Sep-20 15:47:52
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Wonderful. You must have read my thoughts.

I've had an email from BT but it did not contain a telephone number. I was going to ask if anyone knew a BT number to ring! In essence it said if you don't want to move: "Just make sure it's before 2pm on 24-Sep-2020 as that's the latest we can change things before you move."

PRIOR to the price increase, the monthly bill was about £62.

We use the phone and broadband very little - around 12 days a month.

Because of this, when BT announced the price increase, I clicked on "the best deal for you" which meant I paid £4.50 for free weekend and evening calls and left it at that. No changes were made to broadband

For some reason, the BT email which lets you know you have a bill ended up in my Google spam file so I did not see I had these enormous monthly charges for two months and immediately switched back to unlimited calls.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Mon 21-Sep-20 16:07:22
Print Post

That’s good news once BT can see you attempted a switch they can offer better deals usually. Without that on the system they are very limited... This should help (I hope)
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to