General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User CJT
(experienced) Fri 06-Nov-20 09:23:47
Print Post

BT

[link to this post]

Now where do I start,

I joined BT in November 2018 on an 18 month deal, sometime in August/September 2019 I joined a Trial on a new product Digital Voice. Then the COVID-19 pandemic struck, and I have continued to be on DV during the pandemic. Approx end of August the trial must have ended but no one told me, so my bill shot up to nearly £60 per month!

I looked elsewhere, but because of Digital Voice I can't move to anyone else, as no one recognises my number on their systems! Then this happened:

23/09/20 - Request to revert to PTSN placed - change over date 07/10/20.

07/10/20 - Nothing happened, e-mails to trials go unanswered, My BT app say's ordered delayed.

13/10/20 - My BT app updated updated, new date 14/10/20

14/10/20 - 10:55 am ALL services stop, and have not yet been resumed. I call BY at 6pm told to wait 24 hours.

15/10/20 - No service. Days and days of calls to BT to be told "wait 24 hours", then go onto BT Forum to get them involved.

06/11/20 - Still no service, have recently been told it's a "data integrity" issue and should be resolved by Monday 9/11/20.

Current Mood - Fed Up!

CJT.

On BT Broadband up to 80 Mbps...

But NOT for much longer!

Previously on NOW TV Broadband up to 38 Mbps
Standard User CJT
(experienced) Wed 11-Nov-20 09:22:03
Print Post

Re: BT

[re: CJT] [link to this post]

More updates:

Mon 9/11/20 - Call from BT to advise they are unable to proceed with "fixing" the stuck order, it will need to be cancelled and restarted (after nearly 4 weeks).

Suggestion made by me (in desperation) that they cancel all services (cease) and I move elsewhere and they pay any costs, this is initially agreed. Call back expected 11/11/20.

Tues 10/11/20 - Call to both Pulse8 Broadband and IDNet. IDNet advise FTTC cabinet appears to be full, so if I were to have a Cease, and then they provide I could loose FTTC and have to take out ADSL (Not an option). Advised to stick with BT and to persevere with the order to revert my service back to PSTN.

Wed 11/11/20 - Now await call from BT.

CJT.

But NOT for much longer!

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 11-Nov-20 10:58:50
Print Post

Why did your bill go up? Isn't getting that reverted to the original cost the easiest thing to do? Play heck as high as the CEO's office if necessary.

AIUI Digital Voice is now the same price as PSTN.

Edit: Of course, by now the situation may have resolved itself, with PSTN but no broadband at all.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
Experience shows us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 11-Nov-20 11:01:43)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User CJT
(experienced) Wed 11-Nov-20 11:12:29
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hi RobertoS,

How are you?

I was on a trial which exceeded my minimum term with BT (18 months) so my price reverted from £37.98 (on the offer) to £59.75.

Oddly as I am writing this reply, my number now works with the BT Broandband Checker, which it has not done before today!

CJT.

But NOT for much longer!

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 11-Nov-20 11:15:23
Print Post

Ah. That's good news. But getting FTTC back almost certainly means a wait. Unless you are exceedingly lucky.

Does the phone work?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
Experience shows us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
Standard User CJT
(experienced) Wed 11-Nov-20 11:34:44
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Ah. That's good news. But getting FTTC back almost certainly means a wait. Unless you are exceedingly lucky.

Does the phone work?

I have called BT and been advised to wait for a call back. If it comes to it and they CAN sort it, I will migrate to another provider (Currently either Pulse8 or IDNet). Just want to make sure BT don't cease ALL services, and instead just cancel the order. Phone is outbound calls only. It fails when I dial in.

CJT.

But NOT for much longer!

Standard User CJT
(experienced) Wed 11-Nov-20 14:54:59
Print Post

Call from BT earlier, not the same person.

Asked if Broadband and Phone were working (as they should now be) advised no they are not. Now have a fault logged and next update is Tuesday next week.

I am now off to write an email to the complaints address I have for BT...

CJT.

But NOT for much longer!

Standard User CJT
(experienced) Thu 12-Nov-20 14:33:54
Print Post

I am not feeling MUCH better, as my FTTC has been reconnected.

Now to fire off a full complaint to BT.

smile

Current Mood: Much Happier! smile

CJT.

But NOT for much longer!

Standard User CJT
(experienced) Wed 18-Nov-20 17:32:41
Print Post

** Quick Update **

As of 12/11/20 FTTC is now back up and running thanks to an Openreach engineer. Phone line still not accepting incoming calls. Last update on Tues from BT is it's a Porting isssue, and is with the porting team. "Should" be fixed by 20/11/20, complaint now with faults, call back arranged 23/11/20.

CJT.

But NOT for much longer!

Print Thread

Jump to