General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User wsurfa
(newbie) Mon 14-Dec-20 13:09:15
Print Post

Re: BT - Is 100+ engineer visits a record?

[re: Fastman3] [link to this post]

Yes, I know.

Given I'm been dealing with this BS for a decade I've got a reasonable understanding of what should happen vs what actually happens.

Majority <> all

Openreach just seem to be doing what we did when I worked at a software business dealing with major governments, if we didn't want to do something but couldn't say no, we just massively inflated the cost and sometimes the timings. Did get bitten once when our 2-3x pricing was less than SAPs ....
Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 14-Dec-20 15:32:30
Print Post

[re: wsurfa] [link to this post]

This is all very strange and not like any experience I've had with BT/Openreach.

Could you confirm if the quote you've had was for either a community fibre partnership or FTTPoD or maybe another scheme.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Dec-20 20:00:21
Print Post

Something to while away the lockdown/tier hours

Seems a little selfish to me .... I suspect these key workers would rather have less opportunity to contract Covid.
Thanks - I keep myself amused by trying to ensure every little glitch on the road requires an engineer, within the bounds of everyone's ISP contract of course

Kinda explains the idle boast of your thread title really doesn’t it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User wsurfa
(newbie) Tue 15-Dec-20 12:30:57
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Given 10+ years of OR not fixing it, then yes I will help my neighbours not have to deal with loss of internet when it rains, or is a bit windy.

If you find that offensive good for you.
Standard User wsurfa
(newbie) Tue 15-Dec-20 12:41:18
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

It was a CFP.

We're now dealing with a different operator for fibre install, which isn't a preferred option as the infra would then not fall within OR network, and there are then concerns if the provider disappears.

However they are an order of magnitude cheaper and able to start work Q1 next year, so that's the route the road will most likely be taking. Not ideal, however a house sale fell through when the prospective buyers checked the actual speeds (sub 1mb up being unworkable for them), and I think this pushed some others into being open to a non OR option.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 15-Dec-20 12:52:24
Print Post

Decent broadband speed is indeed now a major concern for many (most?) people when buying a house. It'll be a while before 4G and 5G make it less important for the majority.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
Experience shows us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
Standard User caffn8me
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 18-Dec-20 19:08:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by wsurfa:
We're now dealing with a different operator for fibre install
Box Broadband? I have one of my client sites in Surrey connected with them.

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs
Standard User Fastman3
(member) Fri 18-Dec-20 21:00:24
Print Post

i wonder what communty that was - most interesting
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to