User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User pete_thomson
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 04-Mar-11 19:55:46
Print Post

Re: Yet Another Price Increase!

[re: kwikbreaks] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kwikbreaks:
When the VM installers came my number rang the BT line. When they left about half an hour later it rang the VM line. I guess you were unlucky. Or I was lucky which isn't usually the case.

Same here. BT line "died" for about an hour and the number was unobtainable, then the VM line came up with the number.

Virgin Media 50Mb/s
50.56Mb/s - 1.63Mb/s - 26ms @ 04/12/2009
http://www.speedtest.net/result/641806789.png
Standard User Rockh
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 04-Mar-11 20:16:04
Print Post

BT tried for over 3 months, VM were a shower of .... At one point even denied my folks were customers. Was easier to get a second line in and give up on the farce.

Dave
Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 04-Mar-11 22:25:16
Print Post

[re: Rockh] [link to this post]

It sounds like you were trying to port a number after you'd already cancelled with VM. Is that it?

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User broadband66
(experienced) Sat 05-Mar-11 17:33:13
Print Post

[re: hk11] [link to this post]

For me VM had a few teething issues but CS were OK and sorted the porting issue (eventually), network card issue and a billing issue.

In my experience most service companies can have their problems but it is their response and time taken to fix the issues that count.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1 & VM 2Mb
Now O2 standard
Standard User broadband66
(experienced) Sat 05-Mar-11 17:39:58
Print Post

That's exactly what happened with us. One minute BT line was up then BT line was down and VM line was up.

We were keeping our BT line and should have had a new number with VM but they ported the BT number to themselves. We then got a new BT number. After a couple of days VM gave us a new number but it took 21 days to get our original number back to BT. During those 21 days we had 2 new numbers so it was difficult for friends and relatives to contact us.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1 & VM 2Mb
Now O2 standard
Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 05-Mar-11 19:04:01
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

... and folks are saying VM can't port numbers !! smile

Standard User HANHAM97
(knowledge is power) Sat 05-Mar-11 23:28:34
Print Post

They screwed up and then blamed me.Luckily I was able to point out their errors and in the end they managed it.

Virgin
Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 06-Mar-11 08:39:58
Print Post

[re: HANHAM97] [link to this post]

I'm looking at changing my VOIP to Vonage and porting my number to them. My current VOIP set up only handles the outgoing calls because I've not given out the weird incoming number to anybody.

Swapping to Vonage would save me a bit if I bin the VM line and caller ID. When my minimum term is up I'll be giving them a call - I'll expect at least free caller ID to keep the phone line. All they make from it is the rental anyway though so I'll probably end up with BB only from VM.

Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 06-Mar-11 18:46:30
Print Post

In reply to a post by kwikbreaks:
I'm looking at changing my VOIP to Vonage and porting my number to them. My current VOIP set up only handles the outgoing calls because I've not given out the weird incoming number to anybody.

Swapping to Vonage would save me a bit if I bin the VM line and caller ID. When my minimum term is up I'll be giving them a call - I'll expect at least free caller ID to keep the phone line. All they make from it is the rental anyway though so I'll probably end up with BB only from VM.

they hike the BB price if the line is cancelled so bear in mind you will only save a bit on the line rental by cancelling, although its better than nothing smile
Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 07-Mar-11 06:23:48
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Yes I know that mate. Vonage is £6 a month. No line saving is £3 and caller ID is £2 so I'd be paying £1 a month and that includes caller ID and free calls apart from 0870 etc. At the moment I pay £2 for caller ID and the VOIP works out at about £3 including 0870 etc. Both are better than paying VM for calls.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to