Is it a Superhub 1 or 2?
EDIT: If SuperHub 1, I am willing to automatically rule out your PC, REIN etc and immediately point my finger at the Superhub. I personally had 100s of issues with every superhub I had (I had numerous). It is a terrible router.
It is ironic that it is named the Superhub as it caused me more issues than any device I ever used.
In my time I have used NETGEAR DG834G, 834GT, Sky's Netgear 934G, Skys Sagem Router, Both Sky Hubs, Apple Airport Express & Extreme, Netgear WNDR3700, Homehub 2,3,4 and 5, Belkin N900, Aruba Networks (multiple), DSR-250N, Speedtouch 585, WNR2000 and probably 10+ more devices. All of these devices were flawless, plug in - forget about them.
Interestingly Virgin originally gave me a modem and a WNR2000 device, this worked flawlessly and I would have uptimes of 200+ days with this setup.
They then replaced my perfect setup with the Superhub.
I had the following issues (and many more small niggles):
Everything would work fine then,
1) Devices would not connect at all over Wireless. The Network was visible but a connection was not possible.
2) Devices would show "limited or no connectivity" on wireless whilst wired worked fine
3) The Superhub would reset to factory settings on its own accord
4) The Superhub would become unresponsive entirely - both wired and wireless
5) The superhub would stop allocating IP addresses over DHCP, I would get 169 IP addresses. Setting a static IP would make it work
6) The router GUI would crash, it would be impossible to access the routers administration pages without a reboot
7) Wireless performance often dropped to sub 2Mbps speeds with multiple devices connected
8) The blue light would flash so brightly that it would blind me.
There were more issues but those are the largest ones.
All of the above issues required a reboot at least once a day. The replacements did not fix it. I left virginmedia as I lost a lot of respect for them after providing such a poor device.
Edited by ukhardy07 (Wed 27-May-15 18:21:12)