User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User TMCR
(regular) Tue 03-Apr-12 15:46:29
Print Post

Re: Virgin Media Free Speed Upgrade Date Checker now online

[re: TMCR] [link to this post]

March came and wen. frown Not one of the first then...

I had an engineer out to do a Set Top Box swap as our old Pace 2000 model finally started to fail. He said he had spotted my modem, only replaced by VM last year, and suggested a new (superhub?) one would be sent out to allow me to get the new speeds. Not that the Ubee EDM2500, or whatever it is, would not manage 20Mb, but he mentioned something about 30Mb...?

Yes, I've since seen the info on the new packages, and press reports that we'll be on a minimum 30Mb - which is misleading in itself. What they should say is the 'up to 30Mb package is the minimum' - but journalists are known for just re-hashing, or even publishing wholesale, the blurb they are sent... wink VM's website still says I'll go from 10 to 20, and other sources suggest the upgrade to 30Mb will come in the following year.

If VM are to achieve the March/April target that 'Richard Bolt' points to, I expect to receive a new modem very soon - and they I need to figure out how to make it act as modem only, having heard terrible reports about the superhub - makes more sense to me to keep all laptops and devices hooked to the Belkin router I already have.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Virgin Cable (L)
Standard User ukhardy07
(committed) Tue 03-Apr-12 16:30:45
Print Post

Re: Virgin Media Free Speed Upgrade Date Checker now online

[re: TMCR] [link to this post]

The super hub likes to lock up but a simple turn of and on solves it. I
The GUI becomes unaccessible even in modem only mode after so long
In modem only mode it barely ever crashes but the GUI still acts up.

That was my experience in r30 firmware a few months ago before I left to go back to sky.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to