User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Apr-12 03:24:15
Print Post

Re: They really have stuffed this up.

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

Morning mate,

I changed to Manchester.
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Apr-12 10:51:30
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by pcoventry76:
I'd best contact EA and Rockstar and tell them that their dev NNTP servers are all illegal because 2 people on a forum think so.

I'm quite interested in this, given I've worked for 3 major ISPs, a hardware vendor, a hardware distributor and a major on-line gaming firm and never, not once, seen any company that uses NNTP to distribute binary data to staff or partners. It's always FTP to external and FTP / CIFS / Sharepoint internally.

Actually there's a thought - why are these mythical NNTP servers sitting on the public internet? More than a bit dangerous sticking development builds of extremely high value software on public servers?
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Apr-12 11:00:54
Print Post

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
Are we really going to do this again Pete? I still remember you claiming you were legitimately downloading 200GB/day from newsgroups as you were pre-viewing conversions and more recently discussing Usenet downloading and how you do more than 1TB/month. The average-large game is around the 10GB mark and it seems unlikely you're re-downloading your entire collection every month, and regardless Usenet isn't a legitimate download source.

We know you use heavily on occasion it's obviously not legit and it isn't illegal to download the stuff.

EDIT: Actually if I remember rightly you were saying that STM wouldn't affect you as you download in the early hours? You're complaining now about having a life and not being able to download after midnight but are advocating a Plusnet-style unlimited period between 12 midnight and 8am which is unmanaged anyway?

Bit confused lots of conflicting statements - please clarify?

No we aren't. No point with the VM fanboys like you is there!

I know you Looooove VM and dam anyone who uses it to do more than facebook. Oh well, simple answer is to bin them.

Yay we are! smile

Off to the post history I go.... Yep.

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/virgin_cable/t/4114...

I'd best contact EA and Rockstar and tell them that their dev NNTP servers are all illegal because 2 people on a forum think so.

Games that I am working on are a lot less than they used to be - around 6-8GB once completed. Still I have to work on 2-3 at a time in order to actually make something. Hence the need for large downloads overnight.

But some of them require updates in the day.

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/virgin_cable/t/4089...

im using Giganews right now on 563 getting 98.2mbps...

So erm...

the one chucked in with giganews - vyprvpn I think it is.

Im using it for games mainly. I have netflix and spotify for all the stuff I need.

This is where you start getting even more defensive, throw in a few swear words, and get all upset because you enjoy bragging so much about your usage but for some reason are obsessed with trying to claim it's legitimate.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User broadband66
(experienced) Tue 17-Apr-12 11:41:28
Print Post

Surely it's not rocket science to work out that the more speed users are given then those users will use it. Hence the reason people move to a faster connection.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1 & VM 2Mb
Now O2 standard
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Apr-12 13:41:01
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by broadband66:
Surely it's not rocket science to work out that the more speed users are given then those users will use it. Hence the reason people move to a faster connection.

it's not - were you having problems comprehending this and were asking teh question to reassure yourself?

bless...
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Apr-12 13:44:00
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Are we really going to do this again Pete? I still remember you claiming you were legitimately downloading 200GB/day from newsgroups as you were pre-viewing conversions and more recently discussing Usenet downloading and how you do more than 1TB/month. The average-large game is around the 10GB mark and it seems unlikely you're re-downloading your entire collection every month, and regardless Usenet isn't a legitimate download source.

We know you use heavily on occasion it's obviously not legit and it isn't illegal to download the stuff.

EDIT: Actually if I remember rightly you were saying that STM wouldn't affect you as you download in the early hours? You're complaining now about having a life and not being able to download after midnight but are advocating a Plusnet-style unlimited period between 12 midnight and 8am which is unmanaged anyway?

Bit confused lots of conflicting statements - please clarify?

No we aren't. No point with the VM fanboys like you is there!

I know you Looooove VM and dam anyone who uses it to do more than facebook. Oh well, simple answer is to bin them.

Yay we are! smile

Off to the post history I go.... Yep.

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/virgin_cable/t/4114...

Games that I am working on are a lot less than they used to be - around 6-8GB once completed. Still I have to work on 2-3 at a time in order to actually make something. Hence the need for large downloads overnight.

But some of them require updates in the day.

im using Giganews right now on 563 getting 98.2mbps...

So erm...

the one chucked in with giganews - vyprvpn I think it is.

Im using it for games mainly. I have netflix and spotify for all the stuff I need.

This is where you start getting even more defensive, throw in a few swear words, and get all upset because you enjoy bragging so much about your usage but for some reason are obsessed with trying to claim it's legitimate.

not at all.

I simply laugh at your tardyness

Surely someone who collects threads on someone else is a stalker? Seems you like to do that - should the Police be involved on this one?

I am sorry if you feel that me having to down and up large SDK files for games in progress is an inconvenience on you and your beloved and rather anal fondness of VM

But deal with it.

When I am not doing such apparent "illegal" activites I am on Source SDK And Garrys Mod. So are you implying that I am profiting from criminal activities?
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Apr-12 13:45:55
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

I'm quite interested in this, given I've worked for 3 major ISPs, a hardware vendor, a hardware distributor and a major on-line gaming firm and never, not once, seen any company that uses NNTP to distribute binary data to staff or partners. It's always FTP to external and FTP / CIFS / Sharepoint internally.

Actually there's a thought - why are these mythical NNTP servers sitting on the public internet? More than a bit dangerous sticking development builds of extremely high value software on public servers?

they aren't.

You've done a lot it seems. Yet managed to retain your tardyness all the way through.

I got to hand it to you - I am impressed. now, Jog on smile
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Tue 17-Apr-12 17:53:59
Print Post

Morning mate,

I changed to Manchester.

Hmm thats what mines on oh well 23 megs plenty for a 5 gig game i suppose lol saying that i do tend to pick 6-9 as my time to get stuff off steam lol last time i re installed comp i just left it doing my steam collection threw night haha

Ash

littlebigone.com FTTC 59744/25360 kbps Bigtv+ IPTV Package + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 5252Kbps/1608Kbps
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Apr-12 18:19:55
Print Post

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by acpsd775:
Morning mate,

I changed to Manchester.

Hmm thats what mines on oh well 23 megs plenty for a 5 gig game i suppose lol saying that i do tend to pick 6-9 as my time to get stuff off steam lol last time i re installed comp i just left it doing my steam collection threw night haha

Ash

Well I was rocketing all night and got down what I needed. Don't need to do any down or up for a week now.
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Tue 17-Apr-12 20:34:23
Print Post

lol just downloaded win 8 CP again lost my saved copy haha and full speed tried steam still not budging past 23 max so i think its defo selected server

Ash

littlebigone.com FTTC 59744/25360 kbps Bigtv+ IPTV Package + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 5252Kbps/1608Kbps
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to