User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Apr-12 22:11:48
Print Post

Re: They really have stuffed this up.

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

possibly.
Standard User broadband66
(experienced) Wed 18-Apr-12 15:00:01
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

"I hope when this STM does come in I might actually get my allowances at full speed. it's crazy i cant download after 12 as I HAVE A LIFE!"

You stated the above but complain that you can't get the full speed you demand. There will be others like yourself that want to do the same.

As others have stated and you fail to understand, VM advertise the max that anyone on an uncongested line will get.

Shame really! Time to get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was Eclipse Home Option 1 & VM 2Mb
Now O2 standard
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-Apr-12 17:01:55
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by broadband66:
Shame really! Time to get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Off you run then smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-Apr-12 22:08:06
Print Post

Again zero fondness of VM I'm just amused that even at the age of 35 and after all this time you still both find the need to brag about how high your usage is then get defensive when the blatantly obvious is pointed out.

I seriously doubt EA and Bioware use Usenet to distribute private files of games in progress, and I have absolutely no doubt they do not use Giganews to do it. If they do it's some personal thing between them because an employee of Lionhead has no idea about these EA NNTP servers.

I don't really understand your problem, have you considered psychiatric treatment? Most of us pathologically lie as children but usually get over it well before our mid-30s.

Edited by Ignitionnet (Wed 18-Apr-12 22:17:36)

(knowledge is power) Wed 18-Apr-12 22:16:45
Print Post

Spoken like someone who doesn't know what the word 'tardiness' - no 'y' - means.

EA don't use NNTP to distribute data. Speaking with an actual developer who works for Lionhead he informs that EA don't have any involvement in the development process, they are the publisher, they see the finished product obviously when it's going gold.

See my previous post regarding pathological lying. What you're downloading via VyprVPN, the one you get free with Giganews, isn't legitimate stuff.

You and pretty much everyone else who has 100Mb, I don't get the problem.

Here's an idea though, rather than having people pull you up on it why not just stop bragging about how much data you use at every conceivable opportunity then getting defensive when people point out the blatantly obvious?

It's just a thought. That or just shrug the shoulders and admit that you do what the majority of people on 100Mb do and download stuff you probably shouldn't. Happy to admit I do it from time to time, albeit at a pretty minimal level.
(knowledge is power) Thu 19-Apr-12 10:49:21
Print Post

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

hehe check this out.. (just for your reference Ash)

started off full speed just after 10am (108.2mbps) when the TM is in it's 20GB between 10-3 but not sure if it's actually running at the moment

Measurement Period: 0days 0h:46m:37s
Data Downloaded: 6GB 638MB
Data Uploaded: 214MB

BOOM! cut in half onto badboy pipe smile (still carrying on at 51mbps,34mbps,45mbps,61mbps (will you make up your mind VM!?)

Edited by pcoventry76 (Thu 19-Apr-12 10:49:36)

Standard User gfunkuk
(learned) Thu 19-Apr-12 12:26:32
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Please keep this thread going. The entertainment it's providing me is getting me through my otherwise uneventful work day. At the moment it's definitely

Ignition 1 - 0 Internet Downloader.

For the record I'll give my input. I'm on 100mb, see no congestion ever, even since April 2nd. Yes I download the odd BD ISO now and again. When the bad boy pipe kicks in it means it will take just over 2 hours to download instead of 67 minutes. I can live with it. My only slight peev is browsing seems slower if downloading at the same time as being bad boy'd.

I've not tried it yet as I've only been bad boy'd once, but if I get bad boy'd at say 20:55, does this mean full speed won't be back until almost 2am? If so that's kinda harsh. It should be that the bad boy pipe switches off completely at 2100. In my almost perfect world anyway!
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Thu 19-Apr-12 13:46:31
Print Post

In reply to a post by pcoventry76:
hehe check this out.. (just for your reference Ash)

started off full speed just after 10am (108.2mbps) when the TM is in it's 20GB between 10-3 but not sure if it's actually running at the moment

Measurement Period: 0days 0h:46m:37s
Data Downloaded: 6GB 638MB
Data Uploaded: 214MB

BOOM! cut in half onto badboy pipe smile (still carrying on at 51mbps,34mbps,45mbps,61mbps (will you make up your mind VM!?)

Lol sounds like vm to not even give the full STM lol i remember when i was on 10meg i had not even used the connection for 3 days wed been away on a long weekend, Monday morning come home read emails been sent a YT link watched it and got put on 2.5meg i was like blush yea that's really 3 gig used there lol

Ash

littlebigone.com FTTC 59744/25360 kbps Bigtv+ IPTV Package + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 5252Kbps/1608Kbps
Standard User broadband66
(experienced) Thu 19-Apr-12 14:07:54
Print Post

I don't have to run. I jog along and don't complain about lack of speed.

Have you got your life yet?

Was Eclipse Home Option 1 & VM 2Mb
Now O2 standard
(knowledge is power) Thu 19-Apr-12 14:19:43
Print Post

[re: gfunkuk] [link to this post]

Nothing wrong with downloading as you please mate, the service is advertised as unlimited and it's VM's problem if people decide to cane it during peak times.

Was more the silliness.

STM hasn't hit me yet, I'm waiting to see how it affects things when it is deployed here, although to be honest I'm a bit of a wuss and would basically never trigger it anyway.

It's also only a temporary interim solution, a full on management solution is on its way in the summer.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to